My WW diary..6.5 pounds off!!

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Well I had to jump on the bandwagon didn't I?
Your diarys all make such good reading and are great to distract myself from food so thought I'd have one of my own!!
So here goes.....
A little about me......
I am 36, married with 3 children, girl aged 14, boy aged 12, and girl aged 9.
I work in a pre-school which is a great job.
Have struggled with my weight since my teens and have joined every slimming club several times.
I am quite good at losing weight for a while then I completely lose the plot and gain it all back resulting in me getting heavier and heavier,
Trouble is now that I began to really suffer health wise, my ankles and legs were sore and swollen and my asthma worsened.
I did lose 5 stone with WW a few years back only to regain it, then lost 10 stone...yes 10!! with LL but that diet completely messed my head up and I couldn't maintain it.
So rejoined WW with hopefully a different attitude 6 weeks ago and have lost 23 pounds so far.
So there's the history, feel free to comment or ask questions....:)
As for today, stuck to my points, actually have 0.5 left:p
Went to the gym at 8 this morning then tool my 2 youngest to a local farm with some friends this afternoon. It was freezing cold but got a good bit of walking in and had fun.
Hubby at work now and 2 girls on sleepovers so just me and my son here. He's watching friday fight night so you're stuck with me!!
Looking forward to 'meeting' some of you.
L x

Hi

Hi
I'm not doing WW, but like the diet. I am doing CD...

Any way want to wish you all the luck in the world..... I am sure you will be fine, remember what has made you gain the weight and look at changing things a little.
We train our brains to love certain foods, I think if we eat foods that make us feel full of life and not sluggish then we will grow to love them more than the high carb/sugar things we all seem to crave.

I've not got to goal yet on the CD, I am struggling round the yoyo path, but I will get there..... when I am there I will try eating feel good foods and I am pretty sure the rewards in our well being and health will be worth the change. I know for a fact that my kids are happier, calmer and not so moody when they have been eating good things and not lots of sugary crap.

Keep up your diary it will help you and remember your worth it.
:)

Thanks for your kind words.
I already feel so much better and its weird but when I am in control of my dieting my home life and everything seems to go much better too.
Do you know what I mean?:rolleyes:
Anyway good luck with your weight loss journey too.
L x

Welcome to the boards scooby like yourself ive done every diet going including LL and CD and put it all back on and more this is another go for me at WW and this time its for me !! im on my first week and weigh in is on monday well done for your loss in 6 weeks look forward to your posts xxxx

Hi KittyKat,
I will look out for your weigh in on monday.
I weigh in on weds evenings...I end up wishing the days away..LOL!
We should get an award for amount of times we've rejoined WW and other clubs..hehehe.
When I think of the amount of money I've shelled out on diet stuff........:cry:
L x

Hi KittyKat,
I will look out for your weigh in on monday.
I weigh in on weds evenings...I end up wishing the days away..LOL!
We should get an award for amount of times we've rejoined WW and other clubs..hehehe.
When I think of the amount of money I've shelled out on diet stuff........:cry:
L x

yeah tell me about it !!!

Morning fellow slimmers.
Anything exciting planned for today?
Mine is the usual saturday stuff.
Already sorted the washing out so just got son to take to football, daughter to take to dancing, nan to visit in the home, eyebrows waxed and home for a night lounging in front of the box.
No gym for me today but hope to get a walk in after daughters dancing.
I find weekends very difficult food wise. I go to my sister's while little one has dancing. My sis is a weightwatcher too but we are terrible together. We seem to bring out the urge to binge in each other so have recently started to go walking with her dog to get ourselves out of the house!!
My hubby is working nights all weekend so he's out of the equation. He went to the shops yesterday and bought me a ready meal of moroccan chicken which looks yummy for 5.5 points so will have that for lunch and I will be making something with lean minced beef for dinner...bolognese probably.
Anyway enough inane rambling from me...hope everyone has a good dieting weekend.
L x

Hey Scooby!
Great to meet you! ... and another diary i can nosey in! ... hehe Your doing brilliantly by the sounds of it! 23lbs wow! ......... Im upto 18lbs gone! ... cant wait to get 24lbs under my belt! hehe ...
Anyhoo! .... Ive got 3 kids at home to! ... 14 10 and 3 .. im 32 ... and work parttime!

Looking forward to getting to know more about you xxx

Hi Joanne and Pixie!!
It's great to get so many people popping in to say hi!!
Well, had a good dieting day today.. 28.5/30 points so 1.5 in the bank for emergencies!!
Saturdays are normally really hard for me to keep on track so I'm pleased with myself.
Son sleeping out tonight and hubby at work so just me and the girls.
My sister, her partner and 4 of their 5 kids came for dinner and have just gone home so bit of tidying up to do but would rather muck about on here!!
Not much planned for tomorrow...gym in the morning then????
Speak soon
L x

Hey scooby ,welcome mate,I could of written your diary myself.I am the same age as you and have tried everything.
Which is why i had the lapband done fri.
Good luck chickxx

Hi Pixie,
I thought about having a lapband a few years back. Got to the consultation then kinda got scared:rolleyes:
Also no surgeons in my area would do the op apparently!
I could have taken it further but like I said got scared!
I must hop over to your diary to find out how its working out for you.
Gotta go and peel mountains of veg for dinner now helped by my 9 year old. She loves peeling veg strange child!
Have spent the last hour helping my reluctant 14 year old daughter revise for her maths SATS!!:sigh:
Not much fun I can tell you!!
Been to the gym this morning and did 19 minutes interval training fast walking on treadmill then 19 minutes interval training on cross trainer and a few weight machines and squats with the gym ball.
Had leftover chilli and salad for lunch.
Looking forward to roast beef dinner later.
Other than that just kinda mooching about today. It's so nice to know I've got another week off work. It gets rid of the sunday panic trying to get everything done if you know what I mean.
Anyway that's it for now.........
L x

Hi

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and well done on going to the gym today. My H2B went to the gym today, but I stayed home and did some washing and made lunch, any excuse for not having to go lol.

Good Luck with your weight loss journey.

xx

Just realised I got mixed up earlier and was thinking it was Pixie who had the lapband done when if fact it was Paula!!
Sorry girls....so many names...........:rolleyes:
Couldn't work out how to edit my post either if anyone would like to enlighten me:confused:
L x

Morning people,
Well that's another weekend gone....I find them much harder dietwise.
Mind you, as I'm off work till next monday it's like a very looong weekend anyway!!
Not too much planned for today.
Youngest daughter got an extra dance class today as she has an exam on the 27th so taking her to that.
Hubby is going to Brighton later to visit his elderly brother and is possibly taking 2 youngest with him.
I love spending time with my kids but when you work in a nursery or school it's hard to ever get any time for yourself cos my holidays are the kids holidays too so will enjoy a peaceful day tomorrow if they go! Now I sound like a mean mum but hope you understand what I mean.
Eldest won't go but as she's 14 she's out and about during school hols anyway.
Had raspberries and yogurt for brekkie but haven't a clue what I'm eating for the rest of the day which is unlike me.
I like to plan ahead so I know what I'm doing and don't accidently go over points.
I'm a bit worried about weds evenings weigh in this week.
Last week I couldn't make weds so went tuesday morning and had lost 5 pounds.
But I know you weight less in the morning than the evening. I'm hoping that seeing as I went a day early it will kind of even it out. Oh god I'm rambling on now aren't I?:sigh:
Right best do a few jobs while house is quiet cos when they get up this house turns into a cafe!!
L x

Hi i know what you mean, i could never get on with my evening classes at WW. I much prefer to get it done in the morning hope you have a good day and do get to have a bit of a relax

Back