ProPoints My WW Food Journey :)

Food looks delicious - it's been too long since I had a kitkat! And well done on your loss Yvonne x

Thanks Jaly. Only got the kit-kats cause they were on offer. But love that they're only 3pp. Don't get people looking at my WW bars then asking if I'm on a diet lol x

Yeah, they're a nice treat! Just had some Mcvities lemon cake - only 3pp for 1 slice, 5pp for 2 slices and you get quite decent sized chunks from them as well - definitely a worth contender of WW cake bars x

Ooh that sounds lovely - hope you enjoyed! x

Yvonne 63 said:
Hi Laura,

Update - lost 1lb at weigh in and now 9st 13lb. Also I have discovered a new app for I phone called basket buddies that gives all deals for supermarkets. It's worth taking a look at as there are some good offers on our low fat foods x

Well done on your loss,am installing that app now :0)

Jaly said:
Yeah, they're a nice treat! Just had some Mcvities lemon cake - only 3pp for 1 slice, 5pp for 2 slices and you get quite decent sized chunks from them as well - definitely a worth contender of WW cake bars x

Those cakes sound delish!

Wednesday 15th August
Week 6, Day 4

Breakfast:
30g cornflakes (3pp), 142ml semi-skimmed milk for day (2pp), Activia fat free yogurt (2pp)
Total: 7pp

Lunch:
WW cheese & onion quiche (7pp), Banana (0pp), 2 finger kit-kat (3pp), Diet pepsi (0pp)
Total: 10pp

Snacks:
1 satsuma (0pp), 1 bag quavers (2pp)
Total: 2pp

Dinner:
2 WW sausages (3pp), Mccain micro chips (4pp), 2 whole eggs (4pp), 1 slice white bread (2pp), 2 tbsp brown sauce (1pp) WW caramel cake slice (2pp)
Total: 16pp

35/35 dailies used
47/49 weeklies left

Another great day hun fabulous xxx

Thanks ladies :) don't think I've had enough fruit or veg this week tho. But were absolutely skint and just can't afford to buy a lot of it x

Know the feeling x Buying frozen fruit/veg instead of fresh is usually a lot cheaper :) xx sometimes i'll take a visit to a supermarket very late at night when it's about to close and pick up the fresh veg off of the reduced shelf which goes out of date that day and then freeze it and it'll be perfectly fine for the rest of the week - sometimes get bags of ready prepped veg which should be £1.50 for 5p!

lauramarlow88 said:
Thanks ladies :) don't think I've had enough fruit or veg this week tho. But were absolutely skint and just can't afford to buy a lot of it x

Had noticed but didn't like to comment,Jaly's way is a good idea plus Morrisons often have fruit and veg for 50p

Jaly said:
Know the feeling x Buying frozen fruit/veg instead of fresh is usually a lot cheaper :) xx sometimes i'll take a visit to a supermarket very late at night when it's about to close and pick up the fresh veg off of the reduced shelf which goes out of date that day and then freeze it and it'll be perfectly fine for the rest of the week - sometimes get bags of ready prepped veg which should be £1.50 for 5p!

Bloody he'll! Dunno which supermarket youre going to but I like it! I only really like gala apples, banana, satsumas and grapes tho. Don't really like any other fruit. And veg wise, I only like broccoli ( I could eat that until it came out my ears) and carrots, and sweetcorn - and that's not a zero point food anyway.

bulldogdaisy said:
Had noticed but didn't like to comment,Jaly's way is a good idea plus Morrisons often have fruit and veg for 50p

U make me feel so guilty :( lol. I usually get my fruit and veg from aldi cause I find it's cheaper than the main supermarkets anyway ( and the nearest morrisons to me is half hour away in the car - which kind of defeats the point of saving money)
But we only have 30 quid to do a full food shop this week - and that has to include food for my OH for when he starts his new job this week. Can't wait til he had money coming in again. I hate having to shop on a stupid budget :(

Jaly said:
1kg of frozen broccoli florets is about 90p in Tesco ;) Shame about the fruit, frozen berries are usually quite cheap!

This is what is so annoying about where I live. I have asda right over the road, but other than that any other supermarkets are about half hour away in the car. Maybe a bit less for the tesco. But wasting money in petrol just to buy fruit/veg that only I eat anyway just seems a waste.

lauramarlow88 said:
U make me feel so guilty :( lol. I usually get my fruit and veg from aldi cause I find it's cheaper than the main supermarkets anyway ( and the nearest morrisons to me is half hour away in the car - which kind of defeats the point of saving money)
But we only have 30 quid to do a full food shop this week - and that has to include food for my OH for when he starts his new job this week. Can't wait til he had money coming in again. I hate having to shop on a stupid budget :(

I feel your pain,we've been through it ourselves of late,does OH need pack lunch then ? Eek didn't mean to make you feel guilty!

bulldogdaisy said:
I feel your pain,we've been through it ourselves of late,does OH need pack lunch then ? Eek didn't mean to make you feel guilty!

Yer he's going to be working a 9 1/2hour shift so he needs to take something with him. But he won't eat fruit. Obv we can get bread and stuff which we both eat, but in general he doesn't really do healthy food. So, when money is tight it's a bit of a pain trying to find stuff that we will both eat. X

Right - I'm eating 2 satsumas right now.

Back