MY YEAR 11'S HAVE LEFT :(:(

niknaks

Silver Member
You may not already know but I am a secondary teacher and I teach ICT and Business Studies. The year 11's have gone :(. I am so proud of each and every one of them. (Even if some have caused me stress! :p)

I had prepared a little good luck message in a card for each of them and as it was their leavers day today I handed them out. I didn't expect to get anything in reutrn but to my surprise I received 6 thank you cards, a box of malteasers and a body shop set! I am so privelleged to have taught these kids and set them up for their future.

It so nice to know they did actually appreciate my efforts lol!

Sorry if I bored any of you with this post. Just had to share!

Over and out! xx

You havent bored me. That is a lovely gesture. It just proves that the youths of today are not that bad!! lol
Look at me as though I am an old man!! I am not honest!! :)

Tell you what, I've got a yr11 at home going begging, you can have her if your missing them to much :D Seriously you sound as if you really cared about them and it must have come across to them the same otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with you. Cheer up you'll get a new lot in September.

What a lovely post, I'm just waiting for my year 11 to come back from physics exam and then she is all done. It was lovely to read of teacher enjoying their job and the kids have obviously enjoyed having you to buy the presents. Be proud and share those malteasers xx

You haven't bored me at all, it's great to see a teacher who is proud of her pupils, it must give you a lot of pleasure and job satifaction, and you were very popular too, good luck to them all, I hope you get another good class next term.

I have twins in year 11-just finished all exams today! yeah! I take my hat off to all of their teachers and as a parent am immensely grateful to all of the fab teachers who have put up with my two darlings-so I send you a big virtual bunch of flowers-I know you wouldnt have wanted the chocs!! lol!

That's brilliant, I couldn't wait to leave school, but even now there are certain teachers I really respected and would love to have a beer with now! See us YP aren't all that bad. Glad they made you feel special!

How nice of you to give them a little something. How nice to get something in return too! Much respect to you!

I think its a lovely post and not boring atall ......... Ive got a daughter going into yr 11 in sept! ..
I think alot of teens get tarred with the same brush, and its so lovely to hear that youve sent out into the world a bunch who really respected you :) ...they sound like a lovely group :)

This post made me smile. :D

I am a primary teacher, and recently left a post and the saame thing happened... I was so proud of all that they had acheived, even if they are "only little."

Also, I am Early Years Trained, so teach KS1 and am amazed youi can cope with year 11's. you must be a saint!!!

Emma xXx

My Year 11's left too sob! so sad to see them go!

Nice to hear you were appreciated! My son and 2 D-I-L are teachers and my youngest son is starting his teaching course in September!

I am upset as my lovely year 11 have left and I was on maternity leave at the time. Will take baby to their leaver's ball next week to say goodbye! Every time you think there will never be a group as nice as that one, one does appear!!!

I can't wait either, T.A one to one with a yr8 with B/P, it's been a long long,long year.
But without you they couldn't cope, well done and keep up the good work. You are doing a very worthwhile job, these people deserve our help to make it in life.

Aww - I'm dreading my Year 6's going in four weeks. I'll have taught them for 4 years when they go, and know there'll be a few tears when I have to see them go off to 'big' school :(

Back