Nail ridges?

Louise24

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I absolutely love s&s and did it for a month from nov till dec, I want to go back but am really worried at what it has done to my nails, it's left an obvious ridge in them. Having googled this I found the cause is malnutrition. I was taking multi vitamins daily and eating the chicken and veg meal with three packs.

Anyone else had this? Has got me a bit worried. It's not nail varnish as you can feel the ridge and tried remover on them. Hmm. X

Attachments

• image-255598607.jpg
    image-255598607.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 1,000
That's really odd I've never seen or heard of this before. I've done many vlcd and never experienced this either.

Maybe your naturally lacking in something? If it were me I would speak to my gp and get a blood test to check.

Weird.

As has been said from what I'm aware it's when they're vertical that it can mean more problems.

Maybe it might be worth trying the 4 or 5 packs a day instead? We're all different and it may be 3 packs doesn't suit you.

They look like Beaus lines, they can be caused by many things, exposure to cold, low calcium, drugs changing.

Have a google for Beaus lines in Google Images and I think you'll see similar there.

I have nail ridges too. I have had them ages- they are a result of a thyroid problem for me but the medication hasn't made them go away. My practice nurse says that verticle ridges (nail bed to tip) are rarely caused by mal nutrition but horizontal ridges are.

Back