Namaste's new lifestyle :)

namaste

Silver Member
Diary time :) Think I've had one of these in at least 4 forums so far........ well, I say 'so far' but I'm sure this'll be the last one!

Since April I've done Exante TS, Exante WS and low carbing ~ with low carbing being the only one I've managed to maintain properly. It's so easy once you get the hang of what you can and can't eat. As a bonus, I seem to have eliminated the migraines that've plagued me since the age of 12 by cutting out wheat...... result.... who'd've thought that was my main trigger? Not me for sure. I can still start them if I don't drink enough water or get overtired but those are things I've known about for years, the wheat thing is a relatively new discovery but manageable.

Anyway had my first UD yesterday. It was odd eating whatever and after over 6 months I gravitate towards low carb without even thinking about it. I consciously added some oat biscuits which added carbs (and calories) to my total but came in at about 1800 for the day.

My DD today didn't start well. I completely forgot that although cream in my coffee is best for low carbing it's not for calorie counting! Wasted calories I guess but I'll try not to do that again. Didn't eat till 2pm which suits me fine ~ then had 2 meal replacements to use them up and some plain soya yoghurt with frozen raspberries and mixed omega seeds. Drinks were water, black tea and the aforementioned coffee and cream. Total calories for the day (according to MFP) is 583 ~ it's over target but not bad for a first time.

Onward and downwards and an UD tomorrow yaaaaay xx

namaste said:
Diary time :) Think I've had one of these in at least 4 forums so far........ well, I say 'so far' but I'm sure this'll be the last one!

Since April I've done Exante TS, Exante WS and low carbing ~ with low carbing being the only one I've managed to maintain properly. It's so easy once you get the hang of what you can and can't eat. As a bonus, I seem to have eliminated the migraines that've plagued me since the age of 12 by cutting out wheat...... result.... who'd've thought that was my main trigger? Not me for sure. I can still start them if I don't drink enough water or get overtired but those are things I've known about for years, the wheat thing is a relatively new discovery but manageable.

Anyway had my first UD yesterday. It was odd eating whatever and after over 6 months I gravitate towards low carb without even thinking about it. I consciously added some oat biscuits which added carbs (and calories) to my total but came in at about 1800 for the day.

My DD today didn't start well. I completely forgot that although cream in my coffee is best for low carbing it's not for calorie counting! Wasted calories I guess but I'll try not to do that again. Didn't eat till 2pm which suits me fine ~ then had 2 meal replacements to use them up and some plain soya yoghurt with frozen raspberries and mixed omega seeds. Drinks were water, black tea and the aforementioned coffee and cream. Total calories for the day (according to MFP) is 583 ~ it's over target but not bad for a first time.

Onward and downwards and an UD tomorrow yaaaaay xx

Yay! Yep definitely good for your first DD x I had frozen raspberries and fat free yoghurt today too, great minds hey ;)

Yum yum...... I love plain yoghurt and berries :)

Soooooooooooo hungry tonight, will have to be an early night methinks, catch you tomorrow xx

I'm not gonna change my stats just yet but my weight has gone up :( I've read lots on the threads about this so I was expecting it and I know it's not permanent. After my first UD and a massive increase in carbs from around 50 to over 80 my weight shot up from 162 to 169 but I know that wasn't fat and mostly water... still shocking tho! After my first DD I'm 164 this morning. Still up a couple of pounds but acceptable.

Today's an UD but I won't eat breakfast, too early for me. Not sure what I'll eat today but a veg omlette'll be in there somewhere :)

Hope everyone's having a lovely day, back later xx

Went to the shops to buy something nice to eat..... I could have anything I wanted, absolutely anything... what a revelation! I came back with a little pot of vegan choc mint 'ice cream' had one teaspoonful and bleurgh... far too sweet. That's what months of low carbing does for you I guess :)

It was weird, once I could have anything I wanted I didn't really want it anymore. I read diaries where people said that but I didn't believe it:confused: Anyway, what else? Frozen blueberries, veg for an omlette, some oat berry biscuits and oat cheese biscuits (gluten free) and erm.......... that was it! I thought about cream cakes but not sure I'd like them plus it's wheat and I'm still avoiding that particular carb. What I can have though is a chocolate MIM (muffin in a minute for non low carbers). It's made with ground flax instead of flour so very nutritious. Add cocoa, sweetener/sugar, an egg and a bit of cream. You micro it for a minute or so in a mug, tip it out to cool (ignoring the eggy smell, that goes) its a very low carb muffin. Genius:D I slice mine and eat with berries and double cream yum... although it's low carb I'm guessing it's not low calorie :) Need to check that before I eat it.

Anyway, just eaten plain soya yoghurt with fresh blueberries and omega seeds nom nom nom

Going to read some diaries now, back later xx

namaste said:
I'm not gonna change my stats just yet but my weight has gone up :( I've read lots on the threads about this so I was expecting it and I know it's not permanent. After my first UD and a massive increase in carbs from around 50 to over 80 my weight shot up from 162 to 169 but I know that wasn't fat and mostly water... still shocking tho! After my first DD I'm 164 this morning. Still up a couple of pounds but acceptable.

Today's an UD but I won't eat breakfast, too early for me. Not sure what I'll eat today but a veg omlette'll be in there somewhere :)

Hope everyone's having a lovely day, back later xx

That is the worst thing about low carb the glycogen/water weight but 2lbs is not bad at all I normally carry 10lbs of water weight when not on low carb x
I've decided to up today hope you're having a nice day xxxx

namaste said:
Went to the shops to buy something nice to eat..... I could have anything I wanted, absolutely anything... what a revelation! I came back with a little pot of vegan choc mint 'ice cream' had one teaspoonful and bleurgh... far too sweet. That's what months of low carbing does for you I guess :)

It was weird, once I could have anything I wanted I didn't really want it anymore. I read diaries where people said that but I didn't believe it:confused: Anyway, what else? Frozen blueberries, veg for an omlette, some oat berry biscuits and oat cheese biscuits (gluten free) and erm.......... that was it! I thought about cream cakes but not sure I'd like them plus it's wheat and I'm still avoiding that particular carb. What I can have though is a chocolate MIM (muffin in a minute for non low carbers). It's made with ground flax instead of flour so very nutritious. Add cocoa, sweetener/sugar, an egg and a bit of cream. You micro it for a minute or so in a mug, tip it out to cool (ignoring the eggy smell, that goes) its a very low carb muffin. Genius:D I slice mine and eat with berries and double cream yum... although it's low carb I'm guessing it's not low calorie :) Need to check that before I eat it.

Anyway, just eaten plain soya yoghurt with fresh blueberries and omega seeds nom nom nom

Going to read some diaries now, back later xx

Yeah I'm finding this already it's amazing isn't it? :D
Loving this "diet" so far :D

Hmm, I've eaten well today, logged every calorie on MFP and I've still only had 1200 calories....I really don't think I can eat anything else (blimey, never thought I'd say that :))

Maybe I could make a hot chocolate for bedtime? I'm a bit worried I'll be staaaarving tomorrow :(

Decisions, decisions :confused: xx

Ok, so half a chocolate MIM, 10 frozen raspberries and 50ml extra thick double cream takes my total for the day to 1700 calories. I'm blerdy stuffed :)

Bring on tomorrow........ DD number 2 xx

namaste said:
Hmm, I've eaten well today, logged every calorie on MFP and I've still only had 1200 calories....I really don't think I can eat anything else (blimey, never thought I'd say that :))

Maybe I could make a hot chocolate for bedtime? I'm a bit worried I'll be staaaarving tomorrow :(

Decisions, decisions :confused: xx

Well done :) I've only managed a small sandwich and a jacket potato and that took ages as major ibs issues today :(

Well done :) I've only managed a small sandwich and a jacket potato and that took ages as major ibs issues today :(

Oh hun, hope you feel better today :bighug:

Weighed myself this morning and very bizarrely I'm back to 162 after an UD............ not sure what's happening but I like it :)

DD today ~ I'm sure I'll manage it cos I still feel stuffed from yesterday.

Back later I expect xx

Didn't eat till 12 so that was good..... I find I manage better the later I start eating. Breakfast was soya yoghurt, omega seeds and 30g blueberries. Lunch I had an exante shake (gotta use them up) and dinner is a red pepper with halloumi cheese (30g :)) and mushrooms. Yummy. I also had a coffee and soya cream so my total for the day is 540 calories. A bit higher than it should be but lower than last time........ I'm getting better at this!

Not hungry really but have wanted to eat now and again ~ nothing that's been a major issue though. Bring on tomorrow ~ and UD and already have already been promised a roast by my OH :D xx

namaste said:
Oh hun, hope you feel better today :bighug:

Weighed myself this morning and very bizarrely I'm back to 162 after an UD............ not sure what's happening but I like it :)

DD today ~ I'm sure I'll manage it cos I still feel stuffed from yesterday.

Back later I expect xx

That's great hun xxx :D

namaste said:
Didn't eat till 12 so that was good..... I find I manage better the later I start eating. Breakfast was soya yoghurt, omega seeds and 30g blueberries. Lunch I had an exante shake (gotta use them up) and dinner is a red pepper with halloumi cheese (30g :)) and mushrooms. Yummy. I also had a coffee and soya cream so my total for the day is 540 calories. A bit higher than it should be but lower than last time........ I'm getting better at this!

Not hungry really but have wanted to eat now and again ~ nothing that's been a major issue though. Bring on tomorrow ~ and UD and already have already been promised a roast by my OH :D xx

Ooooo yummy good man you've got there ;) and yummy dinner sounded delicious :) def 540 is a good day :) I might plan a roast tomorrow too yummy :)

Ooooo yummy good man you've got there ;) and yummy dinner sounded delicious :) def 540 is a good day :) I might plan a roast tomorrow too yummy :)

Haha, I haven't had a single potato since April! Not sure what it'll do to my insides but I'm determined I'm gonna have at least one roast potato today :D Don't get too excited about the roast..... it's vegan cos DS is vegan and I'm vegetarian so it's a non meat household. Luckily OH agreed before he moved in. So, despite him being a meat eater he eats vegetarian and home and cooks for all of us. No dead things allowed! I'm very lucky to have such a gem....

Anyway weight this morning 162 so still the same after a DD. What's more important to me though is that I can do this long term ~ so if the scales move down slowly so be it.

Veg omelette on it's way for brekkies then who knows

Of to read diaries, I'm ploughing my way through a very long one at the mo but it's fascinating reading about other people, their ups and downs and how they fit this way of eating into real life.

Back later xx

So today's food

Breakfast ~ Veg omelette (with omega seeds) and a vegetarian sausage, fresh coffee with a bit of cream
Lunch ~ Plain soya yoghurt with blueberries and omega seeds, 28g of fresh almonds and 2 squares 70% dark chocolate with raspberry bits.... yum :)
Snack ~ 5 nairns oat berry biscuits ... double yum :)
Dinner ~ nut roast, gravy, cabbage, cauli, parsnips and 2 roast potatoes...... not sure these were as lovely as I remembered, maybe my tastes have changed?
Later I'll have half an exante chocolate shake as a hot chocolate before bed. There's also some home made rice pudding but not sure I can manage that aswell.

Total calories without the rice pudding is approx 1750....... blimey, very happy with that for so much good food :)

namaste said:
Haha, I haven't had a single potato since April! Not sure what it'll do to my insides but I'm determined I'm gonna have at least one roast potato today :D Don't get too excited about the roast..... it's vegan cos DS is vegan and I'm vegetarian so it's a non meat household. Luckily OH agreed before he moved in. So, despite him being a meat eater he eats vegetarian and home and cooks for all of us. No dead things allowed! I'm very lucky to have such a gem....

Anyway weight this morning 162 so still the same after a DD. What's more important to me though is that I can do this long term ~ so if the scales move down slowly so be it.

Veg omelette on it's way for brekkies then who knows

Of to read diaries, I'm ploughing my way through a very long one at the mo but it's fascinating reading about other people, their ups and downs and how they fit this way of eating into real life.

Back later xx

Ooo so you did veggie aitkins? Was that hard work?
Good on the man what a gem :)
Exactly with the weight, I'm not weighing at all at the moment but it's easy to see I'm losing so that'll do for me :)

namaste said:
So today's food

Breakfast ~ Veg omelette (with omega seeds) and a vegetarian sausage, fresh coffee with a bit of cream
Lunch ~ Plain soya yoghurt with blueberries and omega seeds, 28g of fresh almonds and 2 squares 70% dark chocolate with raspberry bits.... yum :)
Snack ~ 5 nairns oat berry biscuits ... double yum :)
Dinner ~ nut roast, gravy, cabbage, cauli, parsnips and 2 roast potatoes...... not sure these were as lovely as I remembered, maybe my tastes have changed?
Later I'll have half an exante chocolate shake as a hot chocolate before bed. There's also some home made rice pudding but not sure I can manage that aswell.

Total calories without the rice pudding is approx 1750....... blimey, very happy with that for so much good food :)

Fabulous much more healthy than my day ;)

Sounds like a yummy days worth of food!

Ooo so you did veggie aitkins? Was that hard work?
Good on the man what a gem :)
Exactly with the weight, I'm not weighing at all at the moment but it's easy to see I'm losing so that'll do for me :)

No, didn't really follow Atkins just the basic principle. I read his book and then started counting carbs ~ basically green veg and protein to start but that got a bit boring so I used to just make up my meals with very low carb foods. No milk, loads of veg, no rice, bread, pasta, sugar etc. Dairy (cos of being veggie) and eggs, tofu. Peanut butter, good fats, nuts... stuff like that. Only thing was, if you ever wanted a snack when you were out and you hadn't packed anything your only options were a bag of nuts or a chunk of cheese :D Got quite good at making low carb stuff to eat. The best thing is you just don't get hungry after a while... all the high fat fills you up and tons of veggies are great too. Thought I'd miss fruit but I don't, I have berries in my yoghurt (berries are lower carb than other fruit and they don't spike your blood sugar). So all good and completely changed my taste buds....

Anyhoo, hope you managed to eat enough to make it an Up Day :) xx

Back