Namaste's new lifestyle :)

namaste said:
No, didn't really follow Atkins just the basic principle. I read his book and then started counting carbs ~ basically green veg and protein to start but that got a bit boring so I used to just make up my meals with very low carb foods. No milk, loads of veg, no rice, bread, pasta, sugar etc. Dairy (cos of being veggie) and eggs, tofu. Peanut butter, good fats, nuts... stuff like that. Only thing was, if you ever wanted a snack when you were out and you hadn't packed anything your only options were a bag of nuts or a chunk of cheese :D Got quite good at making low carb stuff to eat. The best thing is you just don't get hungry after a while... all the high fat fills you up and tons of veggies are great too. Thought I'd miss fruit but I don't, I have berries in my yoghurt (berries are lower carb than other fruit and they don't spike your blood sugar). So all good and completely changed my taste buds....

Anyhoo, hope you managed to eat enough to make it an Up Day :) xx

Mmmm I really fancy some nuts :) sounds like a good diet :)
Not yet but making dinner now :) and a glass of vino ;)

Mmmm I really fancy some nuts :) sounds like a good diet :)
Not yet but making dinner now :) and a glass of vino ;)

Oooh, vino's good and makes everything else good too :D

DD today and very hungry. Keep wondering whether to eat early or not but been wondering so long it's now getting towards afternoon.... result! Will go out for a walk in the cold and eat when I get back xx

namaste said:
Oooh, vino's good and makes everything else good too :D

DD today and very hungry. Keep wondering whether to eat early or not but been wondering so long it's now getting towards afternoon.... result! Will go out for a walk in the cold and eat when I get back xx

Good idea :) hope you wrapped up warm x

Good idea :) hope you wrapped up warm x

Got very wet..grump:(

I'm thinking I need to be more prepared for down days...... it's cold and wet and I didn't have any soup..... double grump:( Can't stand canned stuff so I'm gonna have to make some and freeze it in portions. Need one of those whizzy things tho cos DS broke ours making a smoothie with frozen berries! Shopping tomorrow then :)

Very hungry and think today's gonna end up at 600 calories. Not good but not terrible and I did do a 2 hour walk up some very big hills (and back down again of course). Still, must do better...... I WILL get the hang of this way of eating:banghead:

Very rumbly tummy... not good when OH's cooking dinner for everyone else! I could've had dinner but I ate all my calories in one go ooops :(

Namaste i bought a soupmaker today sounds like a gimmicky gadget but i LOVE it, was 40 quid from costco a morphy richards one and you just bung it in and press the buttons and 20 to 30 mins later you have great home made soup. I have already made a veg soup and a tomato and pepper soup so loads and loads of soup for down days .

T

Oh dear :( how are you managing?

Oh it's ok really..... I have a hospital appointment tomorrow where my weight will determine whether or not I can have my operation so that's keeping me on the straight and narrow for now..... bleurgh!

How you doing? UD or DD or yet to be determined day? xx

Namaste i bought a soupmaker today sounds like a gimmicky gadget but i LOVE it, was 40 quid from costco a morphy richards one and you just bung it in and press the buttons and 20 to 30 mins later you have great home made soup. I have already made a veg soup and a tomato and pepper soup so loads and loads of soup for down days .

T

Ooooh, sounds fab, thanks for that, will look into it:D Would be fantastic to just have lovely homemade soup on grim winter DD's xx

namaste said:
Oh it's ok really..... I have a hospital appointment tomorrow where my weight will determine whether or not I can have my operation so that's keeping me on the straight and narrow for now..... bleurgh!

How you doing? UD or DD or yet to be determined day? xx

What operation are you having? If you don't mind me asking, otherwise tell me to mind my own ;)
Good luck for the appointment x
I was going to do a DD but poor husband needed cheering up so swapped to an UD

What operation are you having? If you don't mind me asking, otherwise tell me to mind my own ;)
Good luck for the appointment x
I was going to do a DD but poor husband needed cheering up so swapped to an UD

Ah, flexible eh :) Hope you're enjoying it!

Operation.......... nothing exciting, in fact, it reminds me that I am actually middle aged and can be a bit fragile here and there! I've developed an umbilical hernia which has to be fixed or it'll just get bigger. So, no more humping furniture around for me... was thinking of asking them if I could have a tummy tuck while I'm there but I don't think the incision'll be in the right place :( Anyway, I need to be in the 'overweight' rather than 'obese' BMI cos of course that's the only indication of anything these days. BMI is rubbish but I didn't tell the consultant that, he might not let me on the list atall :) xx

How very odd.... I seem to weigh more after a DD than an UD... perhaps my body is hanging on to whatever it can get until it knows it's getting some more! Who know's? I realised a long time ago that our bodies are very odd things and will do what they do for reasons only known to themselves :)

Was thinking about food :)D) and what to have today and think it may turn into a DDD. Not done on before and don't know how it'll work out. I leave home at 8am so far too early to eat and I don't want to eat just before my hospital appt which is at 2pm. Sooo I was thinking I could have a shake (bleurgh) at about 11am and then not eat till this afternoon, after about 3pm in fact. Of course, by that time there wont be long to go and not much time to enjoy my UD. Plus, am meeting friends for lunch tomorrow and who wants a DD when you're with friends???

Looking like a DDD..........:eek:

Oh and weight this morning? 164!!!!! How very bizarre xx

Well all went well at the hospital and I'm now on 'the list'. What this means is that within about 18 weeks I'll have my operation. That's their target anyway but at least it's a step closer to getting it all over with!

DDD going well which I guess is cos I was out and stressing a lot of it ..... exante shake about llam (200 cals), lots green tea and black coffee,half a shake when I got in (100 cals) and having veg with a bit of philidelphia for dinner (175 cals). Total 475 cals barring slip ups........ if they do happen I'm ok with going up to 700 but don't think I'll need to. Funny how your stomach shrinks.... it'd better expand by tomorrow cos I've got lunch out to fill it with :D xx

Glad hospital went well. And soudns like you did really well for a DDD enjoy your lunch tomorrow going anywhere nice ?

Oooh I did enjoy thanks Derbynanny............ had a lovely pub lunch and a good catch up, can't beat it :D

Okay, I seem to have mastered the UD :) Total calories for the day is approx 2100 and I am very full but very happy. I had everything I wanted to have and more. I really could've done without the pudding but everyone else was having one so what can you do??? Lovely it was too!

I do have a very full belly now.... hoping it won't be too difficult to DD tomorrow, shouldn't be too bad cos I'm working till 3 ~ we'll see. I'm thinking maybe another DDD on Thurs/Fri cos the weekend is a DUD but not sure if that would be doable or even good for me..... will think about it and see how I get on but I absolutely don't want a triple UD, I'll never get back on plan :(

Back to 162 this morning but I've really only just cottoned on that I've only been doing JUDD a week ~ no more weighing for me! It's silly, my body's clearly got to settle into this and I'm in no hurry to lose weight cos I'm on 'the list' :) It's only a problem if long term I put weight on and that's not gonna happen. So, no scales till the middle of November!

Oooooh dear, I do feel a bit queasy now :( xx

Mornin:D DD sorted yesterday ..... total of 550cals so very happy with that. Not going to do another DDD cos I'm sure 2 in one week would be too much and counter productive. So, todays an UD ~ porridge already and now stuffed!

The weekend isn't something I can change so I'm just gonna go with it. It might be 2 UD's leading to 3 UD's in a row or one might be intermediate. Whatever happens tho, Monday will be a DD. I'm quite confident (not fully confident) that I can get back on it............ just hope that confidence isn't misplaced!

The reality is, life happens and that's why other diets become impossible to stick to long term. That's why this isn't a 'diet' as such, it's a WOE that we can fit round our live's permanently. That's why I'm gonna stop stressing about the weekend and just enjoy :D xx

I'm not gonna count calories on an UD but it's useful I think to keep an eye on what I'm eating.... so far today

Breakfast ~ coffe/soya cream, soya yoghurt, frozen raspberries and some crumbled vegan seeded flapjack in it yuuum
Lunch ~ 4 Gluten free oatcakes with butter and philly (full fat), green salad with seeds and olive oil, coffee/soya cream
Dinner ~ Vegetable stir fry followed by coffee/soya cream and 2 squares of 70% dark choccie

Oooh just had a lovely little carob and nut fridge cake, double yum :)

Snacks ~ mini baby bel, handful raw almonds and walnuts, chunk of cheddar, few raw vegetables

And that's it for the day....... no idea of calories but I wouldn't think I've hit the 2000 mark

Last edited:
Back