Naming and Shaming myself!

liam0404

Hi Guys, just signed up to the forum today, so go easy on me!

I'm Liam, i'm 27 and i've pretty much been battling with my weight for all of my adult life. In 2009, I started Weight Watchers, and managed to get all the way down to 15 Stone. Then my dad passed away at the end of that year, and since then I just can't seem to get my head into doing dieting or exercise. I've snowballed up to 26st 11 lbs now, and i've decided that I need to get myself back under control. I'm getting married in 6 weeks, so even some weight loss now will be of help (and will be a good kick start for my eventual target).

I've just purchased a metafit membership, and signed up to slimming world. I'm determined that this time i'm going to get on top of it. To assist with my "naming and shaming", i'm going to post weekly pictures of my weight, and also of my huge tummy (i'll remove if it horrifies any of you!).

Week1Weight.jpg

Week1Side.jpg

Week1Front.jpg

I'll post every week with my weight and more photos! Any encouragement is welcome!

Welcome Liam:welcome2:

Sorry for your loss...it is difficult when you lose a loved one and we all have our own ways of coping with loss and some of us turn to food for comfort never thinking the damage it can do to us...but you are here now and with a whole new life ahead of you.

You must be so excited getting married in six weeks time:love047:

Slimming World is an excellent weight loss plan and the men on this forum here have had spectacular results...

Have a look at Pete's Recipe thread for meal ideas... http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

Good luck with your weight loss journey and if you need any help please ask:)

Hi Liam, I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world with your weight loss journey. Im sorry for your loss, my father passed away last year and know only too well what a devastating effect it can have on all aspects of your life. It took me over 10 months to find any get up and go to enjoy exercising again. Hope you have a fab wedding! and good luck with the loosing weight, we'll get there :)

I can quite relate to your situation, losing someone we love or close to us can really affect us especially if the thing we do is for him or her. but eventually we can recover, we should also think for our self, shall we say we can think of them as our inspiration. It may affect us but we should strive hard to cope up with the loss.
We should enjoy life.

Congrats on your wedding.

Back