NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

a great day Doreen - starting to look like it'll be the 4th week with a loss for u - well done xx

I do hope so Linda. I have just updated for yesterday as I didn`t have the Baileys coffee in the end.

Hi - hope u've all had a good day?

we've had another family get together b4 the ones that live away go home 2moro - I ended up having a couple of amaretto & diet cokes and party type food - so not an on plan day for me!

we took it turns to choose a song we liked and played them from that great site we all know and love! some great songs came up and we had a laugh and a dance or 2! planning to be on plan from 2moro and WI on Friday - aah! know I've gained but ok with thatxx

That sounds like fun. We used to do that on family get togethers.
Good luck with starting plan today.

So glad Flynn is feeling better, Doreen and well done on the weight loss. Over Christmas too!! I'm afraid I haven't been at all good but am going to write my weeks worth of food out in a mo and get off to Sainsbury's, before I pick at yet another chocolate biscuit!! :S At least, with this newish plan, if I've understood it properly, you can have an extra HEX B so, if that is the case, it'll make work lunches a little easier. Fingers crossed! :) xx

You can have an extra B ONLY of you are doing the EE.SP which has no carbs basically. Hope that is what you are expecting Kathy.

I had extra bread for my lunch today.

Food plan for today Sat 3rd Jan

Hexs Milk & 60g wholemeal bread

B: 2 eggs & beans, toast coffee

L: 1 1/2 sausages (1.1/2 syns) in 2 bread (5 syns) with sliced tom and onion. 1 Banana

D: casseroled beef with carrots, broccoli, boiled spuds and gravy granules.(2 syns)
Banana or 2

That should be all unless I pop to the co-op.

8.1/2 syns

Not done a lot today, popped to Lidl for some chicken, eggs & broccoli. visited brother as is his birthday tomorrow. Then TV

Last edited:
I do hope so Linda. I have just updated for yesterday as I didn`t have the Baileys coffee in the end.

ooh even less syns then - well done!xx

L: 1 1/2 sausages (1.1/2 syns) in 2 bread (5 syns) with sliced tom and onion. 1 Banana

D: casseroled beef with carrots, broccoli, boiled spuds and gravy granules.(2 syns)
Banana or 2

8.1/2 syns

Not done a lot today, popped to Lidl for some chicken, eggs & broccoli. visited brother as is his birthday tomorrow. Then TV

another really good day Doreen - it's my sister's b'day 2moro tooxx

Hello Team Doreen I'm back! Looking forward to being 'good' again.

I've got to say Nanny I'm so so proud of you, you have been consistently good, how do you cope with all the ups and downs in your life too. I need a leaf out of your book. ;)

You can have an extra B ONLY of you are doing the EE.SP which has no carbs basically. Hope that is what you are expecting Kathy.

I had extra bread for my lunch today.

Thanks for the clarification, Doreen. Might just stick to basic EE for now then, until I can read up on things a bit more. I was surprised there didn't seem to be much, if anything, about the new plan in the latest mag, unless I've just missed it! xx

Banana or 2

8.1/2 syns

I hope you didn't visit the Co-op if it tempted you into getting anything naughty! Good food today Nanny D, you're doing great. Happy Birthday to your brother. We're catching up on tv recorded over Christmas, currently watching Holby City but I'm posting at the same time. Good job I can touch type :)

I hope you didn't visit the Co-op if it tempted you into getting anything naughty! Good food today Nanny D, you're doing great. Happy Birthday to your brother. We're catching up on tv recorded over Christmas, currently watching Holby City but I'm posting at the same time. Good job I can touch type :)

No co-op. Had a shower and put night clothes on. Just coffee now.

Hello Team Doreen I'm back! Looking forward to being 'good' again.

I've got to say Nanny I'm so so proud of you, you have been consistently good, how do you cope with all the ups and downs in your life too. I need a leaf out of your book. ;)

Thank you Bubble. I am pleased too. Something has happened in my head at the moment. Long may it stay. As for the ups and down in life, I usually try and find something on TV I want to watch whilst sewing or go to bed and hide.

Good planning for 2015 bubble.

Thanks for the clarification, Doreen. Might just stick to basic EE for now then, until I can read up on things a bit more. I was surprised there didn't seem to be much, if anything, about the new plan in the latest mag, unless I've just missed it! xx

It is apparently written up in Woman mag. I now know you can have a little carb if you really want. But the point of SP is only have S & P foods. Not generally free foods. It is a little confusing so yes Kathy I would read up on it. I hope I am not confusing you. :rolleyes:

well the last of our visitors left today - so we're chilling now. I just calculated that we've cooked 265 meals between xmas day and today - good job they all pitch in but a flipping pain dishwasher's wasn't working! :eek:!!

I did really well foodwise today and went on a long walk - until just now - too much of the sugary stuff - well we gave most of it away and now we've eaten the remainder - so only SW friendly stuff left now!

hope everyone's been more on plan than me!!xx

Last edited:
Is that you christmas officially over upndown? Ive got decos to dismantle tomorrow, then that it here too. Healthy food arrives tomorrow ready for the off on monday. X

Is that you christmas officially over upndown? Ive got decos to dismantle tomorrow, then that it here too. Healthy food arrives tomorrow ready for the off on monday. X

yes that's me done - I will face the music (on the scales on Friday!)

Good luck on Monday - keep posting and we'll hopefully give you the support u need and we need you to keep an eye on us too ;) xx

Last edited:
well the last of our visitors left today - so we're chilling now. I just calculated that we've cooked 265 meals between xmas day and today - good job they all pitch in 9but a flipping pain dishwasher's wasn't woking :eek:!!

I did really well foodwise today and went on a long walk - until just now - too much of the sugary stuff - well we gave most of it away and now we've eaten the remainder - so only SW friendly stuff left now!

hope everyone's been more on plan than me!!xx

Morning all. Your extra food Linda made me remember when I went to see my brother yesterday they had a whole section on one side of the kitchen with left over snacks. I don`t doubt my brother will get through them.
It doesn`t matter about plans for last week, start again today below the line ______________________________

I need to go shopping at some point today, not my favourite task. But I showed myself yesterday that I don`t have to have loads of yogurt in the fridge, I just need bananas & pears. I think I had 5 bananas yesterday and they were more satisfying than any yogurt. By 7 I had had my meals and there was nothing left to eat except stuff like beans, peas, eggs that sort of stuff. That is why I put my night clothes on. I wasn`t hungry just wanted to eat. Had diet lemonade, that stopped some of the craving,

Good luck with your planning today ladies. Have a nice day too. We CAN do it together. :grouphugg:

I have made a decision about bread. I usually buy Warburtons wholemeal 400g loaf. Just out of curiosity yesterday I decided to weigh some of the slices as they were Very thin. SW say 60g of any wholemeal bread for a healthy B choice. I went through the whole loaf and apart from using a crust I could get three slices for 62g. If it includes the crust then it is nearer 60g.

Therefore I have decided to check the weight of my bread each day.

Yesterday I only had to count 1 syn value to have a sarnie. Today I had one for breakfast and 2 for a sandwich lunch time for no extra syns so I like that.

Back