NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

We all do it especially when we have something going on in our lives. It's over and done with now so today was a new day.Hope it's going well for you.:classic_smile:

I like your cute new pic Mary - did you make him/her? :)

Good day there but I fancy a jam tart ans SW chips now :classic_roll_eyes:

The jam tart was offered to me by the waitress at the cafe. Thought yea have a great. Very small but worth the syns.

I think I have mastered the chips now. Put in a saucepan of boiling water over gas. Take out and dry after 4 mins

Bingeing is a very hard habit to break and in times of stress it's so easy to turn to food for comfort. You've got a lot of upset and worry at the mo Linda so it's not surprising that you've had a few blips. Overall you're doing so well anyway. I'll be thinking of you both today. These are very hard times for you xx

Loving the new thread title Nanny Doreen :D

Went to co-op this afternoon. Got what I wanted but then bought a small loaf as Nik is always hungry if he comes here on Monday. He loves beans on toast. I hope I don't regret it as I am not too good with bread.
Not only that but they had some pancakes reduced. Checked it when I got home and they are 4 syns each. I had one with a yogurt, not worth it.
I will give them to Nik and he can take them home for the children. They like them with ice cream.
Been fancying some cider so bought one can .... 9 syns. Having sausages tonight 4 syns. Gravy 2 syns. Mmm. 10 without the cider. Looks like it will have to be half a can of cider. That's ok have done it before.

Lots to do so here is the food planned for today

B. 3 eggs scrambled with 5g cheese 1syn and Baby toms.
L. Pancake. 4 syns and Muller yogurt
D. 4 sausages 4syns. Cabbage. Onions. 300g mashed spud. Gravy grans 2syns

Maybe that half can cider 4.1/2syns.

Total will be 14.1/2. Gosh cannot remember having that many for a while.

Hope everyone having a good day x

How good are you only having 1/2 a can of cider.:classic_cool:

I've not had to step inside a shop today even thou I have run out of sugar. It will have to wait until Friday when I do my weeks shop.:classic_smile:

It's one of many I knitted. :)

I have done my weeks shopping so now I don't have to enter a shop until next Friday.:classic_smile: But I have to stop myself from just going to have a look.:classic_roll_eyes:

He/She's very cute - do you have a large collection of 'fluffies' or do you make them for others?

I don't like shopping - would you like to do mine :classic_wink: so I plan the week's meals and buy it all in one go and tough on me if I forget something :classic_roll_eyes: when I was working I used to shop online but since we retired we don't like to plan trips out etc - so it's a pain to have to stay in just to wait for food delivery!

I hate shopping. When I was ill I had it delivered for 2 years. But I did miss not see'ing the bargains.
I am tempted to go to b&m today as their old stock is down to .10p and £1. I have the app on my phone so scan as I go I can see the real price as they don't always mark them down. A sunny day here so I could also go for a walk along the sea front.:)

Went to co-op this afternoon. Got what I wanted but then bought a small loaf as Nik is always hungry if he comes here on Monday. He loves beans on toast. I hope I don't regret it as I am not too good with bread.
Not only that but they had some pancakes reduced. Checked it when I got home and they are 4 syns each. I had one with a yogurt, not worth it.
I will give them to Nik and he can take them home for the children. They like them with ice cream.
Been fancying some cider so bought one can .... 9 syns. Having sausages tonight 4 syns. Gravy 2 syns. Mmm. 10 without the cider. Looks like it will have to be half a can of cider. That's ok have done it before.

I GAVE NIK THE PANCAKES TO TAKE HOME. HE WAD NOT HUNGRY THIS WEEK (TYPICAL) SO I GAVE HIM THE LOAF TOO.

He said Flynn would be pleased as he prefers small slices. Very proud of me

Tuesday 20th Feb food

Breakfast. Scan bran cake and coffee. Heb.

Lunch. 1/2 tin beans 2 fried eggs.

Dinner. 5% mince, swede, carrot, onion, toms, baked beans, parsnip. Oxo. Worcester sauce. From freezer
Cabbage potato.

1/2 can cider 4.1/2 syns

Gonna pop in shop to get some fruit.

Popping by to subscribe

Welcome
Tuesday 20th Feb food

Dinner. 5% mince, swede, carrot, onion, toms, baked beans, parsnip. Oxo. Worcester sauce. From freezer
Cabbage potato.

1/2 can cider 4.1/2 syns

It's one of many I knitted. :)

I have done my weeks shopping so now I don't have to enter a shop until next Friday.:classic_smile: But I have to stop myself from just going to have a look.:classic_roll_eyes:
The jam tart was offered to me by the waitress at the cafe. Thought yea have a great. Very small but worth the syns.

I think I have mastered the chips now. Put in a saucepan of boiling water over gas. Take out and dry after 4 mins
Bingeing is a very hard habit to break and in times of stress it's so easy to turn to food for comfort. You've got a lot of upset and worry at the mo Linda so it's not surprising that you've had a few blips. Overall you're doing so well anyway. I'll be thinking of you both today. These are very hard times for you xx

Loving the new thread title Nanny Doreen :D
Lots to do so here is the food planned for today

B. 3 eggs scrambled with 5g cheese 1syn and Baby toms.
L. Pancake. 4 syns and Muller yogurt
D. 4 sausages 4syns. Cabbage. Onions. 300g mashed spud. Gravy grans 2syns

Maybe that half can cider 4.1/2syns.

Total will be 14.1/2. Gosh cannot remember having that many for a while.

Hope everyone having a good day x
Popping by to subscribe
I hate shopping. When I was ill I had it delivered for 2 years. But I did miss not see'ing the bargains.
I am tempted to go to b&m today as their old stock is down to .10p and £1. I have the app on my phone so scan as I go I can see the real price as they don't always mark them down. A sunny day here so I could also go for a walk along the sea front.:)

Yes while deliveries are handy but as you say we miss the bargains! Plus sometimes I get bored of the same old stuff and need a boring walk around the supermarket for food inspiration. B&M is a good shop but I have to be careful in there as I'm tempted by the crisps, savouries & biscuits - in fact anything with high fat/sugar/calories!! :classic_big_grin:

The other is still in the fridge 😊

Well done Doreen - you've obviously got your dieting head on now - keep it on till Friday at least :classic_err_what:

I GAVE NIK THE PANCAKES TO TAKE HOME. HE WAD NOT HUNGRY THIS WEEK (TYPICAL) SO I GAVE HIM THE LOAF TOO.
He said Flynn would be pleased as he prefers small slices. Very proud of me

Well done there - sometimes it's hard to give nice stuff away! xx

Tuesday 20th Feb food

Cabbage potato.

1/2 can cider 4.1/2 syns

Another good day in the bag Doreen - keep going only 2 more days before you'll be on those scales!

A while back I bought a pack of biscuits from b&m which came in twos. I thought ideal when I fancy some but don't want to eat the whole packet. How wrong was I If I remember right the pack lasted two days.:classic_roll_eyes:

I'd have been exactly the same Mary! Biscuits are barely allowed over the threshold here - they're more addictive than Class A drugs :eek:

Hope everyone's having an on plan day?

Went for a 1.5 hour walk along the coast this morning clear blue sky but a bit cool of course - lots of people about.

Can't remember if I mentioned my MiL is very poorly in hospital - she was going to be transferred to another hospital yesterday but when the nurses helped her out of the bed she collapsed - so she's staying at the same hospital at least for a short while now.

Having a go at an SP day today - here's the plan:

Brunch: Bread roll HEB x 2, 20g cheese part HEA, large salad no dressing
D: lamb steak, mint sauce more salad, meringue 2.5 syns, speed fruit salad
Fruit teas, water, maybe a coffee with rest of HEA

Might make a speedy soup if I'm hungry later. x

Going good Linda. Keep it up.

Been to see my happy brother Albert today. He was feeling lonely. I did the sisterly thing and visited.

Food Wednesday

B. 1 mullerlight and a banana.
S. 2 bananas

Lunch.
Scan bran cake .. and a banana

Dinner.

Mince and speed with runner beans and SAW chips. Tomato sauce 2 syns.

Back