NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Oops thought I'd posted my food plan for the day - can't see it - so must have dreamt that!

MiL was more alert today but still not eating/losing weight & she was tired after 20 mins - so we didn't stay too long. Not done much else today - exciting trip to builders' merchants for boring bathroom bits & bought a few food bits from Asda! Ooh yes - cleaned the kitchen this morning - go me!

Found what looks like a lovely simple/quick recipe for dinner - hope it is :classic_err_what: will let you know

Late b'fast: 2 egg omelette, bacon, half tbsp ketchup 1 syn an apple & satsuma
L: wasn't hungry
D: Chicken and Chorizo jambalaya fruit salad, ff yog, EDIT 6 syns chorizo (I added brocc, carrots & celery for the speed
Drinks/Snacks: Drink choc 2 syns, 1 coffee part HEA, fruit tea, diet drink, water, Salted Caramel Alpen light 3 syns, 2 Aldi sugar free boiled fruit sweets less than 1 syn

TOTAL SYNS: 14 - but EDIT: :classic_wink: I didn't eat much cos the meal esp the chorizo wasn't v nice o_O so luckily I didn't have anywhere near 14 syns!!

Last edited:
Yes let's go for it. Followed the plan so far but have added a Tesco salad. Also bought some dressing.

Now young lady make sure you behave between now and Tuesday. Me too of course xx

That chicken sounds good.

Hee Hee will it's been some time since I was called a lady and young :classic_roll_eyes: will do my best ;)

Just calculated the syns for the chorizo = 6 but going to have it - think we know if we deprive ourselves it can end in disaster!

Hee Hee will it's been some time since I was called a lady and young :classic_roll_eyes: will do my best ;)

Just calculated the syns for the chorizo = 6 but going to have it - think we know if we deprive ourselves it can end in disaster!

Is that 6 for 2? Not too bad if you and Phil having it.

I am getting hungry. Think I will do my dinner. Mmm

I have just had a message from my son Nik. His dog Floyd
has had a seizure whilst they were watching my grandson Flynn playing a game of football.
Floyd has been taken to the vet who is doing some tests.

I am really worried. Flynn it seems was distraught over Floyd. The lost a dog to cancer about 4 years ago.
I am worrying about the children.
Nik said in his message that he does not want to talk about it.

It is awful when there is nothing you can do.

I just had to write this down hoping it will stop me from shaking. Xx

Last edited:
I guess I should put my food down

Breakfast
3 coffee from Hea. 1 chocolate digestive 4 syns. From my brother.

Lunch

1 white roll 8.1/2 syns. 2 cheese triangles light 2 syns. Box salad with French dressing 1 syn. Extra tomatoes. (11.1/2 syns total for lunch)

Snack 2 apples

Dinner

2 trimmed pork chops. I was going to have swede/carrot mash. Not now, really don't feel like eating.
SW chips and roasted peppers and onions with the chops.

My syns total 15.1/2.

Probably won't have heb. But have a couple of apples later.

Is that 6 for 2? Not too bad if you and Phil having it.

I am getting hungry. Think I will do my dinner. Mmm

Yes it was 6 syns for one portion of chorizo but I didn't like that meal or that kind of chorizo - so only ate a bit of it - so syns will have been less - so happy days eh? But it took flipping ages to prep & cook - so in a way I'm glad didn't like it so I don't have to make it ever again :banana_dancer:

Hi I have found you I will have a good read of your diary how are u doing x

Hi - glad you found Doreen and I - I've had a good food day - hope you have too! x

I have just had a message from my son Nik. His dog Colour has had a seizure whilst they were watching my grandson Flynn playing a game of football.
Floyd has been taken to the vet who is doing some tests.

I am really worried. Flynn it seems was distraught over Floyd. The lost a dog to cancer about 4 years ago.
I am worrying about the children.
Nik said in his message that he does not want to talk about it.

It is awful when there is nothing you can do.

I just had to write this down hoping it will stop me from shaking. Xx

Ah I'm sorry to hear that Doreen - our pets are part of our family aren't they and as you say children get so upset when they're unwell and even worse for you being to far too call in to see them - I do hope the vet diagnosed something minor with can be treated easily - let us know when you hear - try not to worry - know that's much easier to day than do - take care - sending hugs xx

I guess I should put my food down

Breakfast
3 coffee from Hea. 1 chocolate digestive 4 syns. From my brother.

Lunch

1 white roll 8.1/2 syns. 2 cheese triangles light 2 syns. Box salad with French dressing 1 syn. Extra tomatoes. (11.1/2 syns total for lunch)

Snack 2 apples

Dinner

2 trimmed pork chops. I was going to have swede/carrot mash. Not now, really don't feel like eating.
SW chips and roasted peppers and onions with the chops.

My syns total 15.1/2.

Probably won't have heb. But have a couple of apples later.

A tasty day there Doreen - I know you're a teeny weeny bit over syns bit you've saved 6 by not having your HEB haven't you? :)

I'm late coming here today - met a friend for lunch today and had a walkI around the shops - bought 2 nice fleece jackets for the grandchildren - I won't see them until after Easter as they're over 200 miles away - so choc eggs might break up in the post plus they'll have lots of eggs anyway.

When I got home I spent 4 hours cleaning - lots of dust about with the work on bathroom - Phil said to leave it but thought I'd keep the dust down and once I started I couldn't stop! Silly me - there's lots more work to do so more dust clouds but it looks better!

No exercise again today - need to do some 2moro,

B: same as last week or so - bacon and omelette & ketchup 2 syns? Satsuma & an apple
L: chicken salad in a wrap AAAAARGH!! Thought that'd be a good choice but when I looked it up there's 9 syns in the wrap!!
D: Felt full so had a funny mixture - cucumber, carrot sticks, small piece of cheese part HEA, banana, satsuma, alpen light 3 syns, low cal drink choc 2 syns
Drinks: water, diet drink, 2 coffees part HEA,

Total: 16.5 syns - so I'm over syns Grrrr..... but hoping that cos I didn't eat a lot today - that won't do much damage - think I'll try to go low on syns 2moro and Monday to try to limit the damage I've done over the last 2 weeks when I step on those scales on Tues :classic_roll_eyes:

If I can I'll do two SP days but lately I find them hard.

Doreen - I hope you get some good news about the dog. Georgina - hope you've had a good diet day.

Firstly Doreen - I've been thinking of your Floyd - I hope all is well.

Lovely day here but stuck inside trying to move this bathroom on but I will go for a walk - I'm behind on my exercise this week - need to get back on track.

EDIT: I've been lagging behind on my exercise this week - so I did a couple of hours in the garden today - first 'proper' session this year - enjoyed in - it was hard work cos the borders were full of weeds and the ground is a heavy clay soil - so made me work :classic_err_what: - looks better for it put spring flowers in - as you know Doreen I'm more interested in growing food - so will start that soon but there's a v cold spell forecasted for next week - so won't sow anything yet - need a greenhouse but won't be getting one :classic_roll_eyes:

Brunch: the recent usual! 2 egg omelette, cheese HEA, bacon and cucumber & carrot sticks for speed - don't have much speed fruit in
D: that not so nice chicken jambalaya thing - won't be eating the yucky chorizo though so it will be syn free - lots of speed in it tho' - SF jelly half a syn with some ff yogurt and a banana for pud
Drinks: water, fruit teas, 2 coffees with semi skimmed milk 2 syns

Will try to keep my food low today & 2moro as the scales are looming :classic_wink: I'll be very lucky to lose much but hoping I haven't gained any more - I tried to put a pair of trousers on yesterday - I couldn't close the zip - hard as I tried :classic_err_what: they used to be a bit big on me! So I must do better.

EDIT: Snack: banana, 2 caramel snack a jacks - lovely for 5 syns, 12 pistachio nuts 2 syns or part HEB - they're my favourite nuts for the syns we can have 38 for an HEB! Silly me though - I should have had a lunch instead of this snack - like soup or something free or lower in syns :classic_err_what:

Total syns: 7.5 + HEA + part HEB - will try to beat that 2moro!

Last edited:
Sorry @upndown I had to laugh at you not doing your trousers up. I was getting my clothes ready this morning for work. Even thou kids have broken up for Easter I still have to go in and do some cleaning. I found an old pair I wore last year and they are joggy bottom type thingies. Even the waist band on those were tight on me. Last year they kept sliding down. I've worn them all day hoping to stretch the band top. :classic_big_grin:

Evening all. Floyd is home from the vet. Itcseems that the shaking in the park was low blood sugar. It was at 2.
Vet gave glucose to bring it up.
He has taken bloods as he said that should not happen. Floyd seems ok today, just starting results.

I am still worried about him. I was up in the night as I couldn't sleep. Had an hour this afternoon. 😊

Last edited:
No need to apologise :classic_wink: I smiled at you trying to stretch your joggers - hope the waistband didn't cut you in half :classic_eek: I'm determined to get back into those other trousers - I really like them and they were a bargain buy - will report in when I do - perhaps you'll do the same with your joggers?

Food for Sunday.

Breakfast.
Scan bran heb. Muller and egg, the sweetener.
Coffee hea.

Snack 2 apples.

Dinner.
Chicken thighs, swede and carrot mash, cabbage, mashed potato. Gravy 2 syns. cheese triangle in spuds 1 syn

Did not have !unch as got up late. Have boiled a couple of eggs just in case.

Evening all. Floyd is home from the vet. Itcseems that the shaking in the park was low blood sugar. It was at 2.
Vet gave glucose to bring it up.
He has taken bloods as he said that should not happen. Floyd seems ok today, just starting results.

Ah glad Floyd's home - a concern for the family whilst you're all waiting for the results - I hope Flynn isn't aware of the importance of the tests - poor thing. xx

Back