NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Food for Sunday.

Breakfast.
Scan bran heb. Muller and egg, the sweetener.
Coffee hea.

Snack 2 apples.

Dinner.
Chicken thighs, swede and carrot mash, cabbage, mashed potato. Gravy 2 syns. cheese triangle in spuds 1 syn

Did not have !unch as got up late. Have boiled a couple of eggs just in case.

A good day again Doreen - good idea to boil the eggs - you'll cleverly avoid what happened to me today when I skipped lunch :classic_confused:

@Nanny Doreen you like scan bran. Have you made the tomato bread muffins? It's just scan bran,eggs,herbs and tom paste. :)
Just got someone staying next week and trying to think of some things to make for her. She does Slimming World and won't have a couple of days off.:classic_err_what:

Attachments

• MWSnap052 2018-03-25, 19_22_19.jpg
    MWSnap052 2018-03-25, 19_22_19.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
Sunday 25 March

Right - setting out ideas for my food 2moro cos it's my pre WI day & need to behave! :classic_err_what:

B: 2 egg omelette, bacon, brown sauce 1 syn carrots and cucumber sticks - tick

L: broccoli soup with HEA grated cheese and ff yog with SF jelly half syn - I wasn't hungry so skipped lunch

D: brocc soup, salmon with dried herbs/garlic fried in Frylight, lemon juice to serve, with cooked carrots, cooked celery, a sort of SW coleslaw - grated carrots & raw thinly sliced celery & finely chopped onion & mustard with low fat natural yogurt (if the local shop has any otherwise a blob of mayo x syns) lemon juice. If I need a pud it will be ff yogurt with S Free jelly. tick - didn't bother with the coleslaw cos I wasn't hungry

Snacks if I need them: soup, chopped veg/salad, pear if they've softened overnight! SF jelly, FF yog, boiled egg (copying Doreen!) salmon, bacon. If I'm desperate - a baked potato with salad. - just had the pear & a 2nd SF jelly

Excuse all the detail - just been checking to see what I can make with what's in the larder :classic_roll_eyes: don't want to do a boring food shop 2moro - will do it on Tues when I'm out out for SW class and a few other things.

Just had a message to say that one of my grown up sons has fractured his foot and he's going on a surfing holiday next week - poor thing!

Last edited:
Aww good news about Floyd. I am glad hes a bit better xxxx

Hope Floyd's been ok today Doreen?

Exercise done for another week - not so good mid week but I've caught up today :)

Stuck to my light day's plan so far today - only had a pear from the snack list up to now - not felt hungry either!

Not expecting much on the scales 2moro - if you remember last time I weighed I'd gained 9.5lb o_O having missed 3 or 4 weeks cos of MiL then couldn't (or didn't?) go last week and binged a few times :eek: but only been off plan one day this week - I'd love to lose even a half pound tho!

Last edited:
Afternoon all.

I have been out today finishing my puzzle at the library. So peaceful...

I have only just realised that I did not put my food on for Monday. I must have been asleep 🙄
Not a lot going on here so I will put my food down

Monday.

Breakfast. Scan bran cake 1/2 syn for sweetener
Dinner. Bacon, mush, toms , 2 eggs and beans with 10g parmesan stirred in. 2 syns.
4 apples
Total 2.1/2 syns

Sunday

Breakfast. 2 eggs, bacon, mush and toms.

Lunch. Scan bran cake 1/2 syn

Dinner. Chicken thighs. Swede/carrot mash. Cabbage. Mashed spud. Gravy grans 3 syns. Stuffing dry 2 syns

Sugar free jelly 1.1/2 syns. Mullerlight.

7syns total.

I am having a fasting blood at 8.50 in the morning so nothing to pass my lips 8pm.

A goody that will also give me time for a couple of apples.

One more careful day to go as will be weighed Thursday.

Gonna have a quiet hour of so as I have a not so nice headache.

Sorry you have a headache - hope that buzzes off soon. Another day (or 2?) in the bag - you'll have a good loss this week if you carry on and hopefully get your shiny :mm042: + :mm014:= 4 stone :classic_smile::classic_big_grin::classic_wink:- won't that be something to celebrate - but not with grub!!

I lost 2lbs today so was pleased with that - I'm now 10st 13.

As you know - the last fortnight has been bad foodwise for me but didn't go to class the 2nd week - so I must have lost more than the 2lb that showed today - so pleased about that. I'm really hoping I can stay on plan now and lose regularly!

Have had a few treats today but will be back on the plan 2moro - I'd like to do a few SP days this week - we're on our own for Easter as Phil wants to crack on with the flipping bathroom - would you believe he's still correcting things???

Mil has gone home today on a 5 week trial basis - she has a very good care package, a special bed & oxygen - all the time she's been in hospital she's been asking to go home - very poorly, has loads of meds & on oxygen - they're concerned that she refuses to eat/losing weight - so grateful for our NHS - our family have always been treated well when they've need their services - altho they often get a bad press. x

Last edited:
Thanks Georgina - I was chuffed with that loss esp as I'd had a big gain 2 weeks ago o_O yes I've had quite a few treats today - naughty me - but will be back on plan in the morning ;) I keep saying I'm going to treat WI day like any dieting day but have never done that once - I need to work on that!

My MiL came home today on a 5 week trial - she's got oxygen, a special bed and nurses and carers will call in regularly - the professionals will then decide if it's working out - if not she'll have to go into care.

The hospital staff have been fantastic - even tho she's seriously ill - all MiL wanted is to go home - like anyone who'd been in hospital for a long time would be - let's hope it works out for her.

I'll pop over to see how your day's been now :)

Thanks Georgina - I was chuffed with that loss esp as I'd had a big gain 2 weeks ago o_O yes I've had quite a few treats today - naughty me - but will be back on plan in the morning ;) I keep saying I'm going to treat WI day like any dieting day but have never done that once - I need to work on that!

My MiL came home today on a 5 week trial - she's got oxygen, a special bed and nurses and carers will call in regularly - the professionals will then decide if it's working out - if not she'll have to go into care.

The hospital staff have been fantastic - even tho she's seriously ill - all MiL wanted is to go home - like anyone who'd been in hospital for a long time would be - let's hope it works out for her.

I'll pop over to see how your day's been now :)
I am so stupid I have been looking for your threads and now I know why I couldn't find you this is your post aswell as Doreen's Isint it hope I am right I really hope your mil gets the right help with what she needs xx

Yes this is the right thread - it's unusual to share a thread I know - but I didn't set up a thread myself and posted on Doreen's every day so Doeen kindly invited me to join her thread - it's years ago now! Another lady shared the thread too but her life became too busy to come on here.

If you select 'follow' (EXPLANATION ON HOW TO FOLLOW IS BELOW) any new posts on the threads you're 'following' will appear on 'Alerts' at the top of the screen on the blue border - I find it's quicker/easier than trying to find the threads I regularly read!

To select 'follow' find the person you want to 'follow' and click on their username underneath their profile photo and a page will pop up - click on the 'follow' box'

Hope that makes sense ;) if not - let me know and I'll explain in a different way!

Last edited:
Right after yesterday's treat day (must stop having them!) I'm going to have a lowish day today - not hungry at the mo anyway - so may not have b'fast.

B: ?
L: broccoli soup with HEA cheese - I've made a huge pan of it so will be having it for day ;)
D: I've made a spag bol but may have my bacon and omelette & speed cos I like it so much!

Will do some kind of exercise too. x

Well Linda all I can say is that you would not be you if you had a good Tuesday 😋. Am I right or am I right?

Went for bloods tests this morning then for coffee. It was just by the market so bought salad stuff (trying to have more salad with some meals) also bananas, satsumas and a big punnet of baby plums.
As I was walking back to the car spotted the meat stall. I bought two good size chickens for a fiver.
One of them is skinned and in the slow cooker. Guess what I am having for dinner .. with salad.

Spoke to Nik and he says the dog is good. He didn't say if results of blood tests were in, but he was at work so no real time to chat. At least no signs of anything.
He has been giving Floyd more excercise now. Which is a good thing.

Flynn was ok once Floyd was home. On Saturday he was distraught poor little lad. I wish I could have been there.

I will put my food on later. Ring little brighter then to the library to do some photocopying. 10p a copy but going up to 20p Tuesday so getting some of my charts copied before then.

Have a good day my friend. Xxxxx

Your'e right alright:rolleyes: about my Tuesdays :eek: but last night after all that rubbish I ate - I've decided to have a rethink - I'm way out of hand on WI day - then fed up cos of my gains o_O if you have any hints I'd appreciate them - you never have a bad WI day do you - that's going to be my goal - I will raise that in class next week too.

You've had a busy start day - hope your blood tests will be ok - well done on your bargain chickens too! Wish we still had a market here - I think market fruit & veg is fresher, nicer & more choice than the shops. Enjoy your chicken - I love the slow cooker!

Good news about Floyd - let's hope his tests are clear - glad Flynn's ok now too - such a shock for him to see his pet so ill.

That's a big hype in the price of the photocopying isn't it?

I've got a few jobs too - won't be going out other than the shops today.

Phil's working on this damn bathroom - he's fed up with it but has to carry on - poor thing - I'm so mad about those fitters - Phil's done all the work on this house inc the previous bathroom so it was a ' real treat' to have someone in.

I will be on plan today and aiming for an SP day - let's see ;) but I'm pretty determined xxxxx

Thank u Hun y
Yes this is the right thread - it's unusual to share a thread I know - but I didn't set up a thread myself and posted on Doreen's every day so Doeen kindly invited me to join her thread - it's years ago now! Another lady shared the thread too but her life became too busy to come on here.

If you select 'follow' (EXPLANATION ON HOW TO FOLLOW IS BELOW) any new posts on the threads you're 'following' will appear on 'Alerts' at the top of the screen on the blue border - I find it's quicker/easier than trying to find the threads I regularly read!

To select 'follow' find the person you want to 'follow' and click on their username underneath their profile photo and a page will pop up - click on the 'follow' box'

Hope that makes sense ;) if not - let me know and I'll explain in a different way!
thank u Hun this is a really good site yous are all so friendly and helpful xx

Right then, what do I do on weigh in day.

I don't go out to lunch with friends, I know you do sometimes though.

I don't eat before I get weighed, after I have coffee.

When I go home I usually have my Heb. Ie. scan bran cake. Or just with banana.

I usually go to the café then and meet my waitress friend Mia. I only have a couple of coffees. Even so it is hard to resist the lovely cakes and the smell coming from the kitchen. I have asked Mia to question me if I ask for any food.
Luckily I can sit outside and do my sewing.

In the evening I have my dinner around 6pm. Sometimes I have a yogurt for pudding.

If I feel peckish later,. Not hungry just Pekish.. I may scramble a couple of eggs with cheese or if I have fruit I will eat that.

Not always so good the rest of the week though.

One other thing kinda related. I told Mia when I get my 4stone then I will have a bacon sandwich. When I got there she asked me had I done it and I told her that I would have to wait until the following week. Then I had bacon and toms sarni AND a bucket of chips.

Food for Thursday.

Scan bran heb. 2 bananas.

Lunch. Coffee and some baby plums.

Dinner. Lots of chicken in gravy from the chicken, boiled rice. With it I had some SALAD. I don't eat salad but I did !!!

My scales did not look good this morning. They should so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Well done you your salad - didn't realise you didn't eat it - did you enjoy it I wonder? If you did I had a lovely salad dressing when I won the raffle one week - it's ASDA's own brand - Eat Smart - French dressing - I love it and it brings flavour to the salad and 15ml - think that's 3 teaspoons and it does the trick ;)

I think you've had a good week - do you? So I hope you get a loss but we both know that sometimes our bodies retain water etc - so if you don't get a loss - I'm sure it'll carry over to next week's loss. xx

Your'e right alright:rolleyes: about my Tuesdays :eek: but last night after all that rubbish I ate - I've decided to have a rethink - I'm way out of hand on WI day - then fed up cos of my gains o_O if you have any hints I'd appreciate them - you never have a bad WI day do you - that's going to be my goal - I will raise that in class next week too.

You've had a busy start day - hope your blood tests will be ok - well done on your bargain chickens too! Wish we still had a market here - I think market fruit & veg is fresher, nicer & more choice than the shops. Enjoy your chicken - I love the slow cooker!

Good news about Floyd - let's hope his tests are clear - glad Flynn's ok now too - such a shock for him to see his pet so ill.

That's a big hype in the price of the photocopying isn't it?

I've got a few jobs too - won't be going out other than the shops today.

Phil's working on this damn bathroom - he's fed up with it but has to carry on - poor thing - I'm so mad about those fitters - Phil's done all the work on this house inc the previous bathroom so it was a ' real treat' to have someone in.

I will be on plan today and aiming for an SP day - let's see ;) but I'm pretty determined xxxxx

Well here's how my day went:

B: None - I wasn't hungry - I wonder why??? ;)
L: broccoli soup HEA cheese
D: 2 egg omelette, lean bacon, brown sauce 2 syns, cress - just fancied it, chopped apple and satsuma
Drinks: fruit teas, diet drink, water

Well it's not long to midnight now - so I'm confident that's it for today - all I have to do now is to repeat it 6 more times :))

Plan for 2moro:

B: bacon, 2 egg omelette - lots of speed salad
L: eating out with Poppy - she's with us for 2 days but it'll be SW friendly :)
D: Not sure but it WILL be on plan

Back