NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Went out to lunch with Jan to my café.

Breakfast/lunch

I had ham and cheese toastie, wholemeal bread. Salad and the dressing. Small pot chips, Tom sauce.
Followed by a nice piece of cake with butter icing in it. Syns ?? Who knows.

Dinner
T
Scan bran heb. 1egg. 1 Muller.

I actually typed this Monday but did not post it. Whoops

Today's food. Tuesday

B. Coffee

L. 5 scan bran heb. 2 bananas

Snack . 3 apples and 2 coffee.

D. 4 sausages 4 syns. Swede and carrot mash. 300g boiled spud. Gravy 2 syns.
coffee.

6 syns for the day.

Had been thinking of having something else.....even though not hungry.......but a friend phoned and the thoughts went away.
Happy days. 😊😊😊 . I will just have a coffee before bed.

Well done Doreen - keep up the good work ;) glad your friend kept you out of the larder! xx

Last edited:
Hope everyone has a good day - lovely blue sky here although it's pretty chilly but hoping it'll warm up later on.

Got a busy day - took Poppy to school - her Dad's car is going for it's MOT so he wants a lift later on. The house is upside down with bathroom stuff in boxes in every nook cranny :rolleyes: and the house is dusty cos of the work but we've taken everything out of the cardboard boxes and recycled that and we'll move everything into one bedroom - so that'll look better.

I'll be able to clean up altho there's bound to be more dust etc later - then we need to strip out what's been done wrongly and put that right although I can't do much of that so I'll clean & fetch & carry - ooh yes I can do cuppas/food too :) We're all going to the cinema later to see Peter Rabbit.

Foodwise:

B: 2 egg omelette, grilled bacon (rind removed), chopped up apple & sliced banana - find that takes longer to eat & I prefer it that way.
L: broccoli soup with HEA grated cheese
D: spag bol I think

I'll try to keep any syns low today - would like to lose my big gain asap - which reminds me I need to change my stats :eek: will do it now.

Last edited:
Good food Linda. Well done.
Not too many cappas now, you don't need to encourage the guys to have a break 😊

Not done much today myself. Went to café for a couple of hours. Very busy there today.

Food Wednesday

Breakfast
Tin of spaghetti drained., 2 eggs, cheese

Lunch
Panini 11.1/2 syns. Ham and 2 apples

Dinner
Mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, 4 eggs. sort of quiche. cheese for both meals hea.

Milk 160ml 4.1/2 syns

16 for the day.

Will have a couple of apples later maybe.

Hope everyone had enjoyed the sunshine. ☺. More snow I am told for Easter. :-\🙄:-\🙄

Another great day Doreen - you're doing well!

I'm afraid I went to pieces at the cinema - choc, caramel wafers and pinched some of Poppy's popcorn. :( I won't beat myself up bu I am disappointed - new start no. 1,486, 926 in the morning and I aim to do an exercise workout and go for a half hour walk - exercise seems to help me keep on track but not had a chance to do any today and shattered now. xx

Last edited:
Hope everyone's having a good day esp you Doreen - reckon you're heading for a well deserved loss on Friday!

Woo Woo I'm feeling v happy today - I had a letter 'iniviting'!! me to apply for my State Pension today - of course I filled & returned the form by email within minutes of receiving the letter cos I'm grabbing their hands off to get it!!

I'm one of many women who were told a very short notice that we'd receive our State Pension at 65 not 60 - like many others the Government didn't give me enough notice to save the difference and because I used to work long hours, travelled around a lot & stayed away from home regularly - I didn't think I'd manage my job very well past 60. I was very lucky that my works pension kicked in at 60.
Cos they phased the dates for some reason - I get my pension when I'm 64 and 8 months on the 6 July :banana_dancer:so luckier than some who won't get it until 65. When I heard about the changes I said that I'll celebrate when my first payment arrived - so I'm going to have a day out in Manchester to buy a summer outfit (as long as I'm back in target) and have a nice lunch with my youngest son who lives there.

So after all that - I'm not going to get upset by wrecking the diet yet again and big style - I've just drawn the line and going to have a good day today - I'm aiming at an SP day but if I can't do that I'll switch to the standard plan.

B: 2 egg omelette, bacon, ketchup 2 syns? Chopped apple & satsuma
Skipped lunch cos I was full but might have a snack later
D: Salmon with salad and veg cos it's cold in the house & poor Phil is working on this damn bathroom - he's on the 4th day and is still correcting the bodge job those fitters made grrrrr.... - there's no 'guys' Doreen - Phil's doing it on his own although Poppy's Dad has offered to help & he will when he can but he's working in the week plus he's working overtime this weekend!
Supper: 1 slice bread HEB, peanut butter ? syns Lidl biscuit ? syns
Fruit teas, 1 coffee part HEA splash of milk, diet drink

I went for a 50 minute walk - blue sky and warmer today. xx

Last edited:
I hope the time flies for you & you enjoy your retirement - I know several people who've struggled to cope with retirement and some have even found part time jobs - each to their own :)

I was very fortunate cos the organisation I worked for was looking lose staff & I was able to take early retirement.

I think the only thing the builders did right was to leave when hubby asked them to! I'm not sure if anything is right - I'll ask hubby in the morning & report back - he was tired tonight - so had an early night - poor thing.

EDIT: the plastering's very good & the only thing that doesn't need fettling I'm afraid :(

Last edited:
Oh blimey @upndown ! What a nightmare with the bathroom fitters! I certainly get where you’re coming from with all the inconvenience as we had ours replaced in January. We were lucky that there weren’t too many hiccups but it was still a real upheaval. And where on earth does all that dust come from?!!! 😷
Well done on getting back on plan x I’m the queen of restarters so you’re in good company!

Congratulations on your loss last week @Nanny Doreen ! Sorry I haven’t been about for a few days...I’ve just been so busy at work. Some days it’s just work & sleep...no time for anything else. I do try to keep up on Minis but keep failing miserably! I’m getting too old for 70hr weeks lol 😆
Good luck with WI tomorrow x

Lovely to see you here Dawn but no need to apologise - know you're busy & work long hours plus you're in pain at the mo!

Yes the bathroom's a real pain Mary - hubby's spent 4 days stripping out bodged stuff - he's now ready to re-start the installation & checking out a few things on the net at the mo - then we're off out to buy plumbing stuff. We could do without this - it'd be inconvenient at any time but with MiL seriously ill in hospital - we really could do without it - here endeth my bathroom moaning - will only mention again when I've had my first shower!

Last edited:
Oh dear I put on 1lb. Not unhappy as I ate at the café also in case I didn't put it down I had most of Jan's chippy chips.!!
Forgot to come on yesterday. Trouble is I slept in the chair for two hours. 🙄.
I didn't write down what I ate yesterday and won't put it on now.

Right 2.1/2lbs to 4.1/2st now. I took a diary from class ..... One of those she checks you have handed in. Just felt the need..

Food was good there Linda. I know how hard it is to get back to the right foods. Especially when so much is going on. Oh! yes do let us know when you have your first shower.
Good you getting your pension soon. I never agreed with the fact that ladies now have to wait to 65. I was "lucky" I got mine at 60. I was still working at the time.

I agree with Linda Dawn. No need to apologise. ☺.

Possible food for today.

Breakfast. Coffees at class hea.

Lunch 5 scan bran heb. Banana squashed on them. Sliced apple.

Dinner. 2 burgers 2 syns. SW chips. Roasted peppers and onions and 1/2 dozen little tomatoes. Tom sauce 2syns ?

later apples.
Will let you know if there is any change.

I need to lose 2.1/2lbs for that 4.1/2 at now. And only have 6 days this week as no class Friday as the won't let us have the hall. :-(

Oh dear I put on 1lb. Not unhappy as I ate at the café also in case I didn't put it down I had most of Jan's chippy chips.!!
Forgot to come on yesterday. Trouble is I slept in the chair for two hours. 🙄.
I didn't write down what I ate yesterday and won't put it on now.

Right 2.1/2lbs to 4.1/2st now. I took a diary from class ..... One of those she checks you have handed in. Just felt the need..

Well a pound's not bad Doreen esp as you'd eaten out and a good idea to take a diary - is the one you have to put in lots of info? I've tried those in the past but naughty me has never filled the form in 100% but they're a good idea and if I'm not happy at the scales on Tuesday I might copy you and we can compare notes?!

Well a pound's not bad Doreen esp as you'd eaten out and a good idea to take a diary - is the one you have to put in lots of info? I've tried those in the past but naughty me has never filled the form in 100% but they're a good idea and if I'm not happy at the scales on Tuesday I might copy you and we can compare notes?!

Yes all has to go down. Not a lot of room on them. I generally don't hand them in however she has written a list of those who have asked for them
and Expects them to be handed in !!

yes we can compare notes.

Food was good there Linda. I know how hard it is to get back to the right foods. Especially when so much is going on. Oh! yes do let us know when you have your first shower.
Good you getting your pension soon. I never agreed with the fact that ladies now have to wait to 65. I was "lucky" I got mine at 60. I was still working at the time.

Possible food for today.

Dinner. 2 burgers 2 syns. SW chips. Roasted peppers and onions and 1/2 dozen little tomatoes. Tom sauce 2syns ?

later apples.

I need to lose 2.1/2lbs for that 4.1/2 at now. And only have 6 days this week as no class Friday as the won't let us have the hall. :-(

Yes just goes to show I can stick to the plan when I behave ;)

Let's go for it this week Doreen - we've done it before and we'll do it again - my memory's like a sieve but if I remember to ask for those forms - I'll do that with you from Tues - Thurs - I keep saying I really want to get back into target so I need to pull my finger out :classic_roll_eyes:

I know you only have 6 days - I only have 3 left b4 WI (as u know I've had one naughty day this week) but we know if we eat lots of speed, weigh what we should, cut fat off all meat, keep to max of 15 syns etc we can still have a good loss. :greenapple:

Possible food for today.

later apples.

Yes just goes to show I can stick to the plan when I behave ;)

Back