NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I thought it was quite good too.

If I lose one of the waitresses is going to buy me a piece of apple and cinnamon loaf. I looked after her baby for 3/4 hour till she finished work.
I enjoyed it but not as much as I might like the cake..😁

Hee Hee - we'll all have to cross everything for your loss then won't we!

Hoping Doreen's had a loss today - keeping fingers crossed ;)

Weather's turned grey and windy here - so I'm glad we went out yesterday.

Phil's back on this bathroom this morning - poor thing - he's still correcting stuff - we sent a long letter to the builders yesterday detailing all the shoddy work and offered them a lower price than they've asked for the work - hope that spoils their day like they've spoilt so many of ours!

Phil's still correcting the shoddy work - I think it's going to take him a while to finish it :( I need to do some housework today - will also do some indoor exercise too - so not an exciting day!

B: mushroom omelette with brown sauce 1 syn
L: vegetable soup HEB bread or dry toast, HEA cheese
D: SW fish pie - will have to syn in later depending on the recipe and how much I have!
Snacks: skyr, apple, satsuma,
Drinks: fruit teas, water, diet drink

Last edited:
Doreen lost 3lbs and a 4.1/2 stone sticker. 😊🙂😋

Woo Woo Woo!!:mm028: + :mm028: + :mm007::winner::0clapper::bestwishes::thankyouthankyou::thankyouthankyou::banana_dancer: Well done and Well deserved - sooo pleased for you Doreen - hope you enjoyed your cake!! xx

Last edited:
Woo Woo Woo!!:mm028: + :mm028: + :mm007::winner::0clapper::bestwishes::thankyouthankyou::thankyouthankyou::banana_dancer: Well done and Well deserved - sooo pleased for you Doreen - hope you enjoyed your cake!! xx

I certainly did. I decided to have a bacon sarni in large brown bread. Chips too.
I thought 20 for the cake, 6 for extra bread. Maybe I could call the chips SW chips.

I tell you what Linda I felt really proud of myself. I thought 4 stone sounded good, but 4.1/2 stone, I want more. :winner:

Hi and welcome - Doreen will be along soon to say hello too!

If you want to catch up we could send you an earlier link.

See you've had a great first day - well done! x

I certainly did. I decided to have a bacon sarni in large brown bread. Chips too.
I thought 20 for the cake, 6 for extra bread. Maybe I could call the chips SW chips.

I tell you what Linda I felt really proud of myself. I thought 4 stone sounded good, but 4.1/2 stone, I want more. :winner:

You're right to be proud - it's a great achievement and glad you're hungry for more!!

But sorry to say - even with all your successes - I can't allow you to count cafe chips as SW chips young lady :classic_err_what: xx

Right I had a walk this morning, coffee and soup for lunch with a friend this morning and our friends that are holidaying here are going home 2moro so we're going to the pub or tea with them - must be careful!

B: mushroom omelette and 2 satsumas
L: cafe pea and ham soup - presuming that is free? But will keep syns low today just in case :( 1 slice brown bread (left the butter ;) ) hopefully that'll be no more than an HEB and a coffee part HEA
Change of plan with pub food

D: home made grilled lean burger 3 syns - no bun - salad - shared a small portion of chips 7 syns? :O amaretto 4 syns & 2 diet cokes - found it hard not to have a pud¬
Sweet snack: :classic_tongue: SF jelly half syn, skyr 1 syn
Drinks: as above plus fruit teas
TOTAL SYNS: 15? Hard to count syns in pub so will keep syns low Sunday and Monday ;)

Last edited:
You did ok there Linda.

I am sorting out stuff for the charity shop and basically kinda spring cleaning.

I have to pick up the children early in the morning so must get it done. Still stuff hanging around.

I will come back on later to put my food on.
Welcome Sarah xx

Enjoy your time with the children.

Ooh spring cleaning must count as body magic! I love a good clearout but sometimes when I'm in the middle of doing it - I regret starting ;) Hope your day goes well - you're not that far off your 5 stone sticker now! xx

Last edited:
UPDATED

Well Phil's stuck doing the bathroom :( so I've done some housework, & 3 hours in the garden.

I was sorting out the wardrobe earlier and found some size 14 jeans and they fitted - bit tight but I'm wearing them - perhaps the tightness will remind me to keep on track! But I had been wearing size 12 jeans when I was in target :( so mad with myself :O

B: mushroom omelette, brown sauce 1 syn, melon
L: veg soup
D: SW fish pie not sure how many syns - low but I need to calc them, it has cheese in it so will count that as an HEA together with a small amount of milk in a coffee. SF Jelly & skyr 1.5 syns for both
Low cal drinking cal - 2 syns
TOTAL SYNS: 4.5 plus the SW friendly fish pie

Really wd like to have a weeny loss this week - I can't expect much after all I've eaten lately - but as I mentioned before - reading that bingeing is a serious mental illness gave me a shock and somehow finding it easier to diet since then but it's early days so I'm not sitting on my laurels ;) and as you know Doreen - I've been doing it so long - I'll need to work at it! x

Last edited:
Right I had a walk this morning, coffee and soup for lunch with a friend this morning and our friends that are holidaying here are going home 2moro so we're going to the pub or tea with them - must be careful!

B: mushroom omelette and 2 satsumas
L: cafe pea and ham soup - presuming that is free? But will keep syns low today just in case :( 1 slice brown bread (left the butter ;) ) hopefully that'll be no more than an HEB and a coffee part HEA
Change of plan with pub food

D: home made grilled lean burger 3 syns - no bun - salad - shared a small portion of chips 7 syns? :O amaretto 4 syns & 2 diet cokes - found it hard not to have a pud¬
Sweet snack: :classic_tongue: SF jelly half syn, skyr 1 syn
Drinks: as above plus fruit teas
TOTAL SYNS: 15? Hard to count syns in pub so will keep syns low Sunday and Monday ;)
This looks like a really good day well down amazing will power how has ur Sunday been xx

Well Phil's stuck doing the bathroom :( so I've done some housework, & 3 hours in the garden.

I was sorting out the wardrobe earlier and found some size 14 jeans and they fitted - bit tight but I'm wearing them - perhaps the tightness will remind me to keep on track! But I had been wearing size 12 jeans when I was in target :( so mad with myself :O

B: mushroom omelette, brown sauce 1 syn, melon
L: veg soup
D: SW fish pie not sure how many syns - low but I need to calc them, it has cheese in it so will count that as an HEA together with a small amount of milk in a coffee. SF Jelly & skyr 1.5 syns for both

Hoping that'll be pretty much be it - really wd like to have a weeny loss this week - I can't expect much after all I've eaten lately - but as I mentioned before - reading that bingeing is a serious mental illness gave me a shock and somehow finding it easier to diet since then but it's early days so I'm not sitting on my laurels ;) and as you know Doreen - I've been doing it so long - I'll need to work at it! x
Well done on getting into a size 14! :wee::woohoo::bunnydance:

Thanks Mini - it was a bit of a begrudging win - cos I ate my way to being over a stone out of target - now 10lbs over - so I was pleased to get into those jeans but I was in size 12 not so long ago but hoping to be back there soon! x

This looks like a really good day well down amazing will power how has ur Sunday been xx

Thanks - I feel better now I'm back on track - Sunday's been on plan too - spent 3 hours gardening - it was hard work! x

Did you have to strip the bathroom back to bare walls?
Have the builders queried the amount you paid yet?

Hope everyone has had a good day.:)

The builders took the old tiles off and replaced the plasterboard - but Phil's going to replace some of it as it's not straight and level partly because of their incompetence plus they've swept the debris behind the plasterboard as well as under the floorboards!

And partly cos the builders have used odd shaped pieces of plasterboard so the walls looks like a patchwork quilt - and the pieces aren't joined neatly and they're not level - so unless Phil takes them off the tiles won't be level either! We wonder if they're left over pieces from a previous job.

Phil's reworked all the badly fitted copper work now; taken up the floor and bought new wood & redone the floor; redone some of the electrical work, taken out the badly fitted bath and units and refitted them.

So things are moving along now but still a lot more to do. No not heard anything from the builders yet - I imagine that they're reeling from reading that 3 page letter which listed all the bodge jobs and that Phil has taken photos of all the shoddy workmanship!

We've haven't paid the builders anything yet - the letter we sent offered the amount we're prepared to pay - we're not paying a penny until the skip and our old bath are removed from our drive and we receive the statutory certificates/paperwork for the electrical & gas work they did.

Hopefully we'll hear from them this week, pay them and forget about this flipping nightmare.

Last edited:
Back