NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

EDITED:

NEED TO BE ANGELIC TODAY - WI COMING UP FAST :eek:

Hope everyone's set for a good day - know Doreen will be busy with the children - Phil on bathroom repair so I'll do a few house jobs and a bit more in the garden - weather's good at the mo but rain's forecast later.

B: omelette, mushrooms, melon
L: carrot and coriander soup, toast - no butter HEB, melon
D: Sausage casserole made with Linda McCartney's red pepper and chorizo sausages - 3 @ half syn each - 1.5 syns and lots of veg and perhaps with brown rice or pasta. Had a nice surprise in the garden today - I still have a few cabbages and kale growing in a place I'd forgotten - so will use some of that. SF jelly & skyr 1.5 syns
Drinks: fruit teas, water, maybe a coffee with ss milk

Forgot to say yest - that I remembered a tip to be more aware of how much/little we drink - think it's recommended that we drink 1.5 - 2 litres a day - so say a mug takes 250ml of fluid - we need to have 6-8 mugsful a day - so the tip suggests we put 6-8 pennies and a small dish by kitchen tap and every time we have a drink we put a penny in the dish - I've tried it a few times and it works when I remember! Will do again today.

Feel bloated this morning :classic_frown: and WI 2moro :classic_confused: but I have to accept that 4 or 5 days dieting can't wipe out 10 or 11 days of naughtiness :classic_err_what: but I'm determined not to binge 2moro whatever happens!

Will need to do 45 mins aerobic exercise and a strength session to complete the week's plan esp as I didn't make it last week o_O no slacking - need to get back in target! x

Last edited:
Thanks - I feel better now I'm back on track - Sunday's been on plan too - spent 3 hours gardening - it was hard work! x
Hi hun wowww 3 hours gardening I would be done in after 1 when do u weigh in Hun u will soon be in ur size 12 jeans Hun u are doing great x

EDITED:

NEED TO BE ANGELIC TODAY - WI COMING UP FAST :eek:

Hope everyone's set for a good day - know Doreen will be busy with the children - Phil on bathroom repair so I'll do a few house jobs and a bit more in the garden - weather's good at the mo but rain's forecast later.

B: omelette, mushrooms, melon
L: carrot and coriander soup, toast - no butter HEB, melon
D: Sausage casserole made with Linda McCartney's red pepper and chorizo sausages - 3 @ half syn each - 1.5 syns and lots of veg and perhaps with brown rice or pasta. Had a nice surprise in the garden today - I still have a few cabbages and kale growing in a place I'd forgotten - so will use some of that. SF jelly & skyr 1.5 syns
Drinks: fruit teas, water, maybe a coffee with ss milk

Forgot to say yest - that I remembered a tip to be more aware of how much/little we drink - think it's recommended that we drink 1.5 - 2 litres a day - so say a mug takes 250ml of fluid - we need to have 6-8 mugsful a day - so the tip suggests we put 6-8 pennies and a small dish by kitchen tap and every time we have a drink we put a penny in the dish - I've tried it a few times and it works when I remember! Will do again today.

Feel bloated this morning :classic_frown: and WI 2moro :classic_confused: but I have to accept that 4 or 5 days dieting can't wipe out 10 or 11 days of naughtiness :classic_err_what: but I'm determined not to binge 2moro whatever happens!

Will need to do 45 mins aerobic exercise and a strength session to complete the week's plan esp as I didn't make it last week o_O no slacking - need to get back in target! x
Hi Hun ur breakfast looks like something I would like myself i can never master omelette good luck for weigh in xx

When I saw my nutritionist back along I got talking about how much liquid we should drink and she said you don't need to drink 2 litres as you also get it from your food.Also little and often is better than drinking a large amount at any one time.

How did WI go?

I have been busy with the children. They are going home this afternoon. It is not long enough.
We went to Jumpcity yesterday as it was raining. Then to KFC for Faye. Sarni for Flynn.

When we got home we played with Hama beads.

Today I took children swimming. I don't swim but they had fun.

Home for lunch.

Shame but the weather was better and we could have gone to Paradise Park. Hopefully next time.

My food has really been rubbish. Today not been good either. Chips etc going back with Davina.

I think I have put on 2lbs. Will cook properly tonight.

I hope you were ok at weigh in Linda. Will check later.

Last edited:
Hi hun wowww 3 hours gardening I would be done in after 1 when do u weigh in Hun u will soon be in ur size 12 jeans Hun u are doing great x

Thanks - I love gardening - not keen on flowers but have a few to make it look pretty :) but love growing veg, salad etc - so when I'm digging or doing the heavy work it's lovely that it's ticking off the exercise box too!

I gained 2lbs today - bit cross with me but I deserved that after my Easter naughtiness! But I've been ok for 4/5 days so I've avoided a bigger gain I guess! I'll not be bingeing today either - I'll have a few treats tho then stick to 10 syns a day the rest of the week.

B: 2 SW bars - no fruit in the house till I do the shop later ;)
L: cake treat :)
D: bacon butty HEB and chips or baked potato & cheese HEA , SF jelly and skyr and fruit
Fruit teas, water, 1 coffee 1 syn for milk?

Walked for about 30 mins today - not that pleasant it was cold and started to rain! xx

Hi Hun ur breakfast looks like something I would like myself i can never master omelette good luck for weigh in xx

Hee Hee - thanks - my omelette's aren't fancy :)

I just heat the frying pan and add frylight or oil (part HEB) - mix 2 eggs with a fork in a mug - add cheese or mushrooms, bacon, ham or whatever and cook one side till it's ready to turn over then cook the other side - yummy and quick and cheap!

When I saw my nutritionist back along I got talking about how much liquid we should drink and she said you don't need to drink 2 litres as you also get it from your food.Also little and often is better than drinking a large amount at any one time.

How did WI go?

Interesting - there's so much conflicting out there isn't there? I notice that when I drink more I eat less cos I feel fuller

I have been busy with the children. They are going home this afternoon. It is not long enough.
We went to Jumpcity yesterday as it was raining. Then to KFC for Faye. Sarni for Flynn.

When we got home we played with Hama beads.

Today I took children swimming. I don't swim but they had fun.

Home for lunch.

Shame but the weather was better and we could have gone to Paradise Park. Hopefully next time.

My food has really been rubbish. Today not been good either. Chips etc going back with Davina.

I think I have put on 2lbs. Will cook properly tonight.

I hope you were ok at weigh in Linda. Will check later.

Ah sounds like you've had a lovely time with the children - lots of exercise too by the sound of it!

Forget about the small gain - hopefully you'll lose that 2lbs if you're a good girl up to Friday ;) - as you'll see above - I got the WI I deserved - 2lbs on o_O but as you know if I can get thro to today without a binge that'll be a big victory for me! xx

Last edited:
I'm fine thanks - I'll pop over to you in a mo! x

Hope everyone's had a good day - enjoyed my busy one - took Poppy to and from school then we did some shopping - she's a shopoholic - I'm not! Did some community work with the police and had a 4 mile walk,

B: 2 egg omelette, mushrooms, brown sauce, plum & satsuma 1 syn
L: 2 L McCartney sausages 1.5 syn 2 satsumas, banana, 2 plums - odd lunch & snack cos I was doing the community work & that was the best I cd do!
Snack: fruit salad, hifi bar HEB, Fibre One choc brownie 4.5 syns flipping lovely - well worth the syns!
D: carrot soup, 15g cheese part HEASF jelly, skyr
Drinks: fruit teas, diet coke, water, 1 coffee part HEA, low cal drink choc 3 syns
SYNS: 10

Last edited:
Hope everyone's had a good day - enjoyed my busy one - took Poppy to and from school then we did some shopping - she's a shopoholic - I'm not! Did some community work with the police and had a 4 mile walk,

B: 2 egg omelette, mushrooms, brown sauce, plum & satsuma 1 syn
L: 2 Linda McCartney sausages 1 syn 2 satsumas, banana
Snack: fruit salad, Fibre x choc brown 4.5 syns flipping lovely!
D: carrot soup, 15g cheese part HEASF jelly, skyr
Drinks: fruit teas, diet coke, water, 1 coffee part HEA
That is a brilliant day are the sausages nice Hun Andre has 2 every morning with a piece of toast I am scare to buy cheese as I love it and could just slice it of the block and eat it lol x

That is a brilliant day are the sausages nice Hun Andre has 2 every morning with a piece of toast I am scare to buy cheese as I love it and could just slice it of the block and eat it lol x

Thanks I was chuffed with yesterday - enjoyed my food and wasn't hungry and within syns - why doesn't that happen all the time :p

The Linda McCartney red pepper and chorizo sausages were really lovely esp for half a syn each - I like them hot or cold.

Doreen's also wary of buying cheese but she goes to places where they cut it as you want it and buys a small amount each time :)

Quiet here again :( hope all's well? Not much on today apart from boring housework - will do some exercise and that'll be it I think :)

Ooh bathroom fitters have accepted our reduced offer for their rubbish efforts without a quibble and said they'll also send us the gas and electrical certificates - so once we have those & the bath and skip are off the drive we'll pay the them.

So I rang to tell them all that and they asked me ring the skip company! I was about to tell him that was their job but decided it'd be better/quicker for me to do it - so once the skip/bath have gone - we'll happily pay them and draw a line under this unpleasant episode. .........Meanwhile Phil's still working on the damn bathroom grrr........

B: plain 2 egg omelette, 2 plums
L: veg soup, HEA cheese on HEB toast, 3 plums
D: Didn't fancy the pasta bake - got a headache but managed the SF Jelly half syn, sweetened quark and 3 plums - bought 4 punnets @ 20p each ;) so must eat them up!
Drinks: Fruit Teas, water,
Syns: Fibre 1 choc brownie 4 syns - if you like brownies think you'd like it - v similar to the real thing, hifi bar 3 syns = 7.5

Last edited:
Thanks - us too! :banana_dancer:

Thanks - us too
Thanks I was chuffed with yesterday - enjoyed my food and wasn't hungry and within syns - why doesn't that happen all the time :p

The Linda McCartney red pepper and chorizo sausages were really lovely esp for half a syn each - I like them hot or cold.

Doreen's also wary of buying cheese but she goes to places where they cut it as you want it and buys a small amount each time :)
i will have to invest in the sausages would be good if my baby likes them to ohh that is good about the cheese I had some lovely cheese on toast from the cafe I can only imagine the syns also cheese walkers now am getting hungry lol better go to sleep before I eat my baby's quavers lol xx

Hey - no eating your little one's Quavers!

Yes those sausages were good - hope you like them - I got mine in Iceland they were £1.75 for 6 but worth it I thought - seem to be £2 everywhere else and still worth it I reckon - cos most 'ordinary' sausages are 4 or 5 syns each - I had 2 for 1 syn and they filled me! xx

Hey - no eating your little one's Quavers!

Yes those sausages were good - hope you like them - I got mine in Iceland they were £1.75 for 6 but worth it I thought - seem to be £2 everywhere else and still worth it I reckon - cos most 'ordinary' sausages are 4 or 5 syns each - I had 2 for 1 syn and they filled me! xx
I didn't eat them stayed in bed had a vew games of bingo then went to sleep 🙂 I saw some Linda McCartney sausages and burgers I just need to see the syns on the sw app weather is awefull yet again hope u have something tasty for breakfast x

Back