NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yes awful weather here too :(

Those Linda McCartney sausages are half a syn each :woohoo:I like them cold, hot and my fave is in a casserole with stock cube, dried mixed herbs, tin tomatoes, onion, carrots and anything else I have in - also like that in the casserole they swell up and end up nice and big plus it lasts a couple of days for tea for hubby and me!

I wasn't at all keen on Linda McC pulled pork burgers - in fact I had one bite and put it in the bin - then threw the other one away :classic_eek: what a waste eh? Not tried the ordinary burgers - will do soon cos they might be as good as the the sausages.

Enjoy your meals today! Here's the start of a new week! xx

Last edited:
Wet again here today - more bathroom work by Phil and housework for me - happy days ;)

Doreen hope if you're able to go to WI - you're happy or at least ok with whatever the scales say.

Saw this - not read it yet but thought I'd share.

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/category/meal-plans/extra-easy-slimming-world-weekly-meal-plans

Didn't do any exercise yesterday so must today.

B: omelette, bacon, plums and raw sugarsnap peas
L: veg soup, baby corn on the cob (no butter :( )
Snack: plums, 1 party ring biscuit 1 syn,
D: SW chilli and brown rice - lots of speed, SF jelly 1 syn sweetened quark
Drinks: fruit teas, water, a low cal hot choc 2 syns coffee with ss milk part HEA
Syns: Fibre One 4 syns
Syns planned so far: 8

Last edited:
Thanks for checking up on me - someone needs too :classic_err_what: I didn't do an an exercise dvd as I intended cos hubby needed unskilled helper ;) on the bathroom work - he's doing well but still a fair bit to do.

Then I spent the rest of the day - cleaning - so much dust! Then tackled the cooker - it was a disgrace - -why did I buy one with 2 ovens and 8 rings? - then the kitchen units - so I was on my feet from about 10am until 7pm with a couple of short tea breaks and a short one for lunch - know it's not as good as aerobic exercise tho!

Going out walking with a friend in the morning so that'll be better.

Getting there now - the bath's in and useable but it has to come out sometimes so hubby can do things to join up the plumbing to pipes under the bath, all the plastic & copper pipes are sorted now, drainage corrected, same with electrics, he's redone some of the walls, shower tray in - that was a big job cos the builder's had bodged the space and there wasn't enough room to accommodate the s/tray!

He's started to put the bathroom units in, loo and sink next then the radiator, then redo the door frame & hang the door (builders did it twice & door still doesn't fit) so we had to buy another door frame!

Then plastering the walls, tiling, fit glass shower panel/door, flooring, redo part of the coving - maybe more too - bet you're sorry you asked now ;)

How's your garden coming on after your builders?

You still have a lot to do then.

My builders came today to finish off. Just got a door strip to replace as they broke one. And we noticed the other day that one of the windows glass is wavy so they are changing it. Everything looks distorted when looking at it.

Oh blimey - wonder if any builders ever do a proper job - if so they're like hen's teeth & must be worth their weight in gold!

Yes lots more work to and I encourage hubby to take at least half a day off sometimes - so that's stretching it out a bit but he can't work 7 days a week - he's been at it for 4 weeks now poor thing :O

Yes I'm afraid it has :( he is well and truly fed up but determined to finish it - he does take breaks but even then he's working out how to fit certain bathroom things! We've decided to have a long weekend break when it's finished and plan our summer holidays!

Lovely morning here - going out walking with a friend this morning - then will be sowing some veg/salad/herb seeds - late this year cos of the cold weather but clever little things will catch up soon!

No Doreen again :( hope all's well.

B: omelette, bacon, brown sauce 2 syns? plums and satsuma
L: carrot & coriander soup in cafe - not sure if it needs syns but will keep them low today in case ;)
D: chilli and brown rice (lots of speed) SF jelly half or 1 syn, skyr and more of those 20p a punnet plums!
Drinks: fruit teas, 1 coffee & 2 teas part HEA
Snacks: will try to keep them as low as poss - plenty to eat above - really want a nice loss on Tues :classic_roll_eyes:

Last edited:
Hiya. I have been hiding. I went to my café to celebrate my 4.1/2st. Very nice but once I started eating I find it hard to stop. Well impossible or to stop.

I knew if I came on here I would need to write my food down. I enjoyed all the rolls and cakes etc I have eaten.
Then weighed in Friday knowing approx how mush it would be.
I put on 7.1/2lbs!!

I was not upset, I knew what I was doing. I accepted the consequences.

Going ok so far but now on Tuesday at the funeral of my brother's wife there will be all sorts. Lasagne, chilli, sweet and savoury pies. Will just have to do my best. May take some fruit to alleviate the hunger.
Now do I have breakfast before I go or not. 10,000 dollar question,. 😋

Food for Friday. All written down

L. Scan bran cake, heb. egg Muller sweetener. 1/2syn.

D. 2 chicken thighs, swede and carrot mash cabbage and gravy. 2 syns.
Mullerlight.

Saturday

B. Bacon eggs mushrooms.

L. Salad with brother. Lettuce etc. 1 slice bread Heb

Only been home a short while but am hungry. Gonna have scan bran cake. 5syns + 1 for sweetener..

Promise I will be back tomorrow Linda. Xx

Hiya. I have been hiding. I went to my café to celebrate my 4.1/2st. Very nice but once I started eating I find it hard to stop. Well impossible or to stop.

I knew if I came on here I would need to write my food down. I enjoyed all the rolls and cakes etc I have eaten.
I put on 7.1/2lbs!!

Going ok so far but now on Tuesday at the funeral of my brother's wife there will be all sorts. Lasagne, chilli, sweet and savoury pies. Will just have to do my best. May take some fruit to alleviate the hunger.

Your cafe celebration sounds fab - pity you're so far away - you could have invited a few of us to join you :classic_smile: Ah I fully understand why you didn't come on here but no-one here would have pressured you to post your food - certainly not me - cos as you know - I've been there myself too many times :classic_err_what:

Whilst you've had that gain - as you put it on quickly I think some of that will be water retention - so hopefully you'll lose it pretty quickly now you'e back on plan - you did really well to go to class - not like cowardy cat me 2 weeks ago :classic_wink: glad you weren't upset - just do what you can at the funeral - good idea to take some fruit - I'd suggest including a big banana to fill you up and perhaps some scan bran cake? You'll do really well to keep on plan but don't put yourself under too much pressure.

It might be a good idea to prevent hunger to have b'fast before the funeral but see how you feel on the day.

I put on 7.1/2lbs!!

I am so sorry to hear about ur brothers wife's passing big hugs Hun xx

Good morning all.
Quite a sunny day but a little windy. Popping to the café in about an hour. Just one lot of washing to do first.

I am usually too scared NOT to get weighed Linda. Always put more on when I did that. Let's hope I get a good loss this week.

Plan for food today.

B. 1 bacon, 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms and 20g parmesan cheese 2syns.

L. Probably scan bran cake heb.1 syn for sweetener

D. 5% mince mixed veg Oxo Tom puree. Cabbage and swede & carrot mash.
Gonna pick up some berries and have them with ft Greek yogurt.

That's only 3 syns. Feeling I do better with more.

Maybe some oats later. Will check the syns first.

Flynn comes back today after being away with the Cubs. He is getting brave, second time now.

Hee Hee - it's good you feel that way about stepping on those scales :)

A great day's food - when we plan our food - it's amazing what we can eat on SW - so why don't I do it properly all then time? :classic_roll_eyes: I think lots of us do better when we eat more of the right foods - in my case when I put the effort in to do SW properly I'm full and don't start picking or grabbing the wrong stuff!

Well done Flynn - he's growing up and finding out being independent can be fun!

Last edited:
EDITED: COS OF THE CHEESE HICCUP & CHANGE OF PLAN!

Been in the garden already - I love this time of year - lots to do - so it keeps me out of mischief :classic_roll_eyes: Phil's taking today off the bathroom - so will go out at some point - Phil's tired so we decided to stay in - poor thing.

B: omelette, cheese HEA & 5 syns, onion, pear and plum - well I only had a smallish piece of cheese in the fridge so cut a piece off and weighed it - it was 33g so thought I'd have it even if tho it was 3g over my HEA and I'd count 1 syn for it - then I chopped up the cheese & cooked it in the omelette - then I noticed that I'd cooked the wrong piece of cheese - which was bigger than the one I weighed - it tasted better for it :classic_tongue: no idea how many more syns tho - so I'll say 5 plus not have my HEB today :classic_frown: and hope that's enough to compensate!
L: veg soup
D: chilli & brown rice, SF jelly half syn and skyr
Snacks: Fibre One cake - choc brownie 4 syns but well worth it, satsuma, pear, plum - must have a good loss this week :classic_err_what:
Drinks: fruit teas, low cal hot choc & ss milk 2.5 syns
Total syns: 12

Exercise in the garden again - might do some exercise in the house later.

Last edited:
That is a reason why I try not to go off plan @Nanny Doreen I'm not so bad now I have it fixed in my head that one day off has got to be that. I use to binge for days before then kicked myself as I was just back where I was weeks before.

You are back on it now so hopefully you will have a good result come Friday.:)

You're right Mary and I expect Doreen will agree - she doesn't usually binge in fairness but she'll be along to post about it soon I expect.

You done very well food wise since I've been reading your posts - as you know I've binged for a long time on WI day - but decided to stop last week - let's hope I can keep it up. :classic_roll_eyes:

Last edited:
Back