NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yes it is really sad - luckily my son and his family have 2 others but of course they don't take the place of Mutley :(

Ooh I love thinking of ideas for the garden - always something to do in them isn't there - have you thought of any ideas yet? We'll need pics when it's finished!

Hope you don't get too hot in work.

Cleaning a school in this heat isn't very pleasant. I don't very often get hot but vacuuming and mopping sure makes you sweat.:classic_frown:

The garden is just going to be left to go wild.:classic_eek:

I can imagine it's tough cleaning a school in this weather.

Love a wild flower garden - I even like dandelions - they have pretty flowers too and I still enjoy blowing the dandelion 'clocks' :)

Last edited:
Well another sunny day here - for the first time in ages I went in the garden this morning and felt pleased with it - I usually seeing lots of things that need doing that spoil the look of it - always something to do of course - today's job is to transplant seedlings about 40 cabbages, 60 broccoli and lots of flowers - I'll enjoy it and a bit of exercise with all the bending and walking - it's not a big garden but I wander around and mess about it on for hours :) Also need to do some housework at some point :(

I went to the chemist to buy a cystitis treatment this morning - hope it works! Tonight I'm meeting a friend I was in college with many moons ago - I know the place we're going - they'll happily put more veg on the plate with no potatoes/sauce etc but I may have a pud - I'll guesstimate and choose the one with the lowest syns - I'll have diet drinks tho!

Hoping Doreen will pop in today.

Overcast day here. No out in the garden for me.

Went Morrisons at 7 am to do a food shop. Feels like I haven't slept as OH fainted at 12.15 am so I didn't sleep too well. He seems ok now. Any excuse for a day off work.:classic_wink:

Ooh hope your OH is ok now - that must have been a shock.

That was an early shop but a good time to go to avoid the crowds!

It was cooler here today too but I still did a stint in the garden - bending, lifting etc soon got me warmed up ;) I have got tons of small cabbages, broccoli & salad stuff - should shave a bit off my food bill if tey all survive and hopefully looking after them will burn a few calories off too!

No Doreen again - hope she's ok - I can't remember her being away this long in all the years I've followed her.

Last edited:
Glad to read your OH seems ok and he's taken more time off - hope he'll be off now for the long weekend. Work pressure isn't good for us but sometimes it's difficult to do anything about it.

How did you get on at the ENT clinic?

Not much gardening done today - we had a few light showers so didn't need to water anything either!

Last edited:
Well we had lunch in the pub with some friends today - had lamb and veg (again & v nice!) also had a choc brownie/ice cream - naughty but very nice - just had a couple of diet cokes drink-wise .

We're off to Abergavenny 2moro for a couple of nights to see our eldest son and his family - looking forward to it - the children at 2 and 6 :)

Then we're going on to Cardiff for a few nights - so looking forward to that - will try to be sensible with my food! So I probably won't get a chance to be post till we get back

Still no Doreen - hope she's ok and just busy and having fun.

Last edited:
Hope your enjoying your time away. I was in Devon for a couple of days and the weather was a bit hit and miss. :classic_roll_eyes:

ENT went well and I have my smell back again. For how long no one knows so I'm going round smelling everything.:classic_smile:

Doreen is ok. Have been shirking my plan. Am coming home today. And will endeavour to do what I should be doing.
I hope Linda is ok. Have not read back through posts yet.

I did thanks but I ate too much. Lots of bits about ,naughty me.

Food wed.

Large wholemeal slice heb
4 eggs scrambled.

3 sausages 3 syns bakes beans.
2 Muller's

3 Satsumas
Then I had a pkt rice that I didn't need then threw some of it away
Can cider 9syns
Today Thursday.

Nothing g until dinner except coffee. Weigh day tomorrow.

D two burgers. 2 syns
Peppers. Toms. Onion. Tinned spuds roasted.
Muller.

Last edited:
Food for today.

B. Scan bran heb. Muller. Sweetener 1syn. Coffee Hea.

L. ? Probably scrambled eggs , toms

D. Chicken thighs. Pkt rice 2 syns. Tomatoes. Pepper

Food for today.

I did thanks but I ate too much. Lots of bits about ,naughty me.

Food wed.

Large wholemeal slice heb
4 eggs scrambled.

3 sausages 3 syns bakes beans.
2 Muller's

3 Satsumas
Then I had a pkt rice that I didn't need then threw some of it away
Can cider 9syns
Today Thursday.

Nothing g until dinner except coffee. Weigh day tomorrow.

D two burgers. 2 syns
Peppers. Toms. Onion. Tinned spuds roasted.
Muller.
Food for today.

Well done for getting back on plan and being rewarded with a loss!

Hope your enjoying your time away. I was in Devon for a couple of days and the weather was a bit hit and miss. :classic_roll_eyes:

ENT went well and I have my smell back again. For how long no one knows so I'm going round smelling everything.:classic_smile:

Really glad to hear your ENT went so well and hope the effect is long lasting and you enjoyed your break in Devon - it's a lovely part of the world.

Yes we had a good time away - weather was kind and I feel better for it but eaten too much :classic_confused:

Last edited:
Back on plan today - I've come back with a cold but bravely plodding on :classic_smile: it's Phil's 65th b'day on Monday - he says he doesn't want a party or any fuss but our youngest son who lives in Manchester is coming up 2moro & we're having Sunday lunch at the pub.

Then Monday I'm taking Phil out for lunch to a pub near to where we lived when we first got married - I'll be trying to choose carefully both times and definitely no dessert and only diet drinks :classic_roll_eyes:

You probably know I love growing stuff but for years I've struggled to grow basil - I've tried everything - followed all the tips etc but last year I finally had success and it even lasted over the winter and now I have tons of the lovely stuff - so I'm drying it and giving it away!

B: cheese on HEB slice toast
L: tomato & basil soup
D: gammon, egg and salad

Drinks: fruit teas, water, coffee with almond milk, low cal drinking choc 2 syns

Last edited:
Happy birthday for Monday Phil. 📣📣📣.
Well done growing veg. So good to take it from the garden. Tastes better. Good ol' basil 😉.

Food really good there Linda. Did you make the soup? I haven't made any for a long time.
Salad with the gammon and eggs, I would have to had chips I think.

My food for Sat.

B. 4 egg omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes and 6 small tinned spuds sliced. Very filling.
L. None as yet.
D. Plan two burgers 2syns. Pepper, onion, toms plus SW chips.

My spuds are growing roots so thought I had best use them. Been having rice or tinned spuds.

If want anything later I may do a scan bran cake heb. 1 syn for sweetener.

3 syns but maybe a can of cider later which will be 8. Will check that.

Saw my older Bruv Richard today. We have been having some lovely chats, we are also making sure we visit Albert at least once a week each.
He is not good. I know I moan and say he is a big pain, but I do care about him.
Richard does not think Albert will be around much longer. Then I will feel guilty about moaning about him.
I only do it to get it out of my head.

Oh that sounds sorrowfull. Off my chest for now.

Carry on enjoying this lovely sunny day.

Your food's looking tasty and very much on plan too!

Sorry to read that Albert's not good - a worry for you. Nice though that you see Richard so often now.

Reading your food has made me fancy SW chips now - Phil fancies going tot he chippy tonight but I'm going to resist - I want to get back on plan! :innocent0001:

I'll pass your birthday wishes on to Phil!

Cos the weather's been cold and wet I've sown my veg seeds late this year but the clever little things are catching up well - everything's grown whilst we were away and think we'll be eating the salad stuff in the next week or so.

Yes I made the soup but had to tweak it cos it tasted bland at first! It usually tastes better the next day I think!

I should do some exercise but feel tired somehow - did I say I started with a cold whilst we were away?

Last edited:
Mmm. Colds are a pain. Always make me tired. Having a problem with sugars. New pills not doing as they should and diabetic nurse on hols. Trouble is that makes me tired too.

I did cut the grass today so that is more exercise than I usually do.
We have been really lucky with the weather. The little rain we have had has been overnight.

Hey, let us know if you you are able to resist chippy chips. I don't know that I could.

Good luck x

Back