NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I do red and green because I want to . When I did it years ago I found I lost weight quicker. You are a little more restricted. That is good for me.
I found a site for Slimming World Red and Green plan. It is quite helpful. Of course I don't tell SW what I am doing.
I have still got my old book which is a help. Even so they have pretty much all you need on the site. You can download lists.
Of course it is not SW doing it, just some folk who prefer it. Xx
Oh ok, I'm with you, chucked out all my old books (a few times over) lol. The EE suits me but half tempted to try the EE SP, not sure I fully get it, but helps super-boost losses, not sure I could stick it for a whole week, but might incorporate it here and there. Just need to be prepared and have a meal plan organised in advance. Well if the RED/GREEN suits you and you are losing on it why not

Oh ok, I'm with you, chucked out all my old books (a few times over) lol. The EE suits me but half tempted to try the EE SP, not sure I fully get it, but helps super-boost losses, not sure I could stick it for a whole week, but might incorporate it here and there. Just need to be prepared and have a meal plan organised in advance. Well if the RED/GREEN suits you and you are losing on it why not

I tried SP. First time did not lose. Maybe didn't do it right. The next time I lost 4.1/2lb

I tried SP. First time did not lose. Maybe didn't do it right. The next time I lost 4.1/2lb
Did you do a full week of it Doreen? My consultant told me nothing about it, but noticed a few in my class were doing it and had great losses, I don't think breakfasts/lunches would be an issue but the dinners I would struggle with. Always have pasta/rice/noodles/potatoes at this time, so if could find alternatives to these that would help I think.

I did do a full week when I lost the 4.1/2 lbs. Not done it since. I missed rice and pasta. Especially pasta.
I think it would be difficult to find an alternative except cauliflower rice.

Thursday. Red . Day 19.

B. Egg, bacon 2 apples.
L. Scan bran Heb. Two bananas.
D. Marinated chicken thighs
Roasted with BNS, carrots and onions.
Sugar free jelly 1.1/2 syns

Frozen fat free NAT yogurt. Did not freeze for too long just a bit soft in middle. Lovely.
It was a big pot, so put in 2 containers. Put one in a fizzy drink. Was ok but should have froze it more to do that.

Always have pasta/rice/noodles/potatoes at this time, so if could find alternatives to these that would help I think.

Have you tried shirataki or konjac noodles? They smell a bit weird when you rinse them - but are good with a good sauce.

I haven't tried mashed cauliflower yet. Have you?

Have you tried shirataki or konjac noodles? They smell a bit weird when you rinse them - but are good with a good sauce.

No not tried any of those, need to have a further look for dinner ideas, I could have meat/fish most nights with lots vegetables, but hard to maintain for a whole week. My go to meals I cook every week are Chicken Curry, Bacon Pasta, Potatoes with meat and fish. going to have a look on website to see if can get inspired

I have had mashed cauliflower. Plenty of pepper. Sometimes I mash it into my mash too. I like it

Friday. Green day. Day 19

Semi milk Hea 1.
Brunch. Bacon 2 Heb. Eggs, mushrooms. Coffee
Dinner. Pasta and tin Ratatouille 2syns
Snack. 0% yogurt. 2 bananas

Last edited:
I did do a full week when I lost the 4.1/2 lbs. Not done it since. I missed rice and pasta. Especially pasta.
I think it would be difficult to find an alternative except cauliflower rice.
I might try it for a few days here and there, not sure I could do a full week, could do without the carbs for a few days, but would struggle to find an alternative that I like, there are a few menu ideas on SW online, might see what suits.

Saturday Red Day. Day 21

Hea. Semi milk.
B. Scrambled eggs and mushrooms.
L. This went a bit over the top
Scan bran Heb. Banana and cottage cheese
BUT THEN
I liked enjoyed it so much I got out some more scan bran .
Calling this 6 syns as I want Heb 2 for spuds.
GOSH I AM STUFFED.
Dinner will be Liver, bacon, onions, 200gspud heb2. Cabbage

Maybe a couple of apples later. Maybe not. Will come back later

Last edited:
Sunday. 15/9 green day.. Day ,,22

Semi milk Hea.
B. Eggs and baked beans.
L. Scan bran Heb 1. Bananas, cottage cheese pineapple 1.1/2 syns.
D. Mince Heb 2. Can Ratatouille 2.1/2 syns. Added carrot. Pasta. Fat free yogurt

Last edited:
Red day Monday Day 23

B eggs bacon coffee
L. Scan bran Heb bananas
D. 2 chicken thighs. Cabbage. Spuds Heb
Apples

Last edited:
Red day Tuesday. Day 24

B. Apples coffee hea.
L. Two bacon trimmed, two eggs. Coffee.
D. One Lambs heart. Trimmed a bit. Stuffing gravy. Syns? To be worked out Stuffing 20g 3 syns gravy grans 3 tspn 3 syns = 6 syns
Cabbage, carrots, 200g boiled spud. ,
Maybe later, scan ran Heb bananas. 2 ex.lite.cheess triangles 2 syns

8 syns total

Last edited:
Green Day Wednesday. Day 25.

Scales not looking too promising.

Plan?

B. Few baked beans, ,10g parmesan part hea. 2 eggs
L. Scan bran and bananas maybe a little yogurt
D. Ratatouille, 2 syns. . 20g Parmesan hea. I like this. Nice and easy extra parmesan 6 syns
Apples

Last edited:
Day 27. Red day. Friday

Skim milk hea
B. Coffee. 2 hifi bars Heb.
L. Scan bran Heb. Cottage cheese
D. 2 small pork chops. Cabbage cauli. Stuffing gravy 5 syns

Unfortunately today I was given a biggish lump of bread pudding. Did I eat it? Of course I did.
No idea how many syns it should be. Loads I know.
my plan is not to have anymore than 5sys each day. If possible none.
On top of that my neighbour fetched me some sweets home from her holiday. Sugar free yes.....but 17 syns for both packs

Last edited:
Back