NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi Mandy, My heathers don`t look any different since the day I put them in. I do have quite a few perenials in the garden that need splitting but the guy in the garden centre said not to split till they stop flowering. So have just deheaded what needed deheading and left the rest.

Goiing up to see the grandkids next weekend, Mum is working and I am going to dance classed with them. While Faye is dancing me and Flynn will be doing our own thing and drinking coffee. My son rang and asked me to go.

Since that phone call, just had another from same son, Nik. His wife has had a phone call from her Mum. DIL`s eldest sister Mandys husband David was driving home with their son, about 9yrs old, and he stopped the car because he was having chest pain - had a heart attack & died. He was only 50yrs old. What a shock eh.

I may be needed tomorrow, don`t know yet. Faye is upset about it all and would probably go with her Mum and Dad tosee Mandy, but Flynn doesn`t know, he worries if death is mentioned and asks if he will die.

Good job fridge is coming by 7.30am in the morning in case I need to go.

Feel for Mandy and her son, but don`t feel anything about David. He was not a very liked person unfortunately. That may sound hard but symphathy where needed.

On a LIGHTER note, really enjoyed my dinner tonight. phone ringing - must go. It was DIL`s mum making sure I knew.

Plan to do roast tomorrow if home,gonna try some yorkshire puds.

Keep well Mandy and no more invisible fridays. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Scary isn't it? Did he seem to be in good health? Rob is 50 this year, irritating as he is, I really can't imagine life without him.
I wasn't really bad on Friday, just a little bit bad, honest.... ;-)

I believe you :cool:

David apparently had had some chest pain around Xmas and his stepmum said he should go to docs, but he chose not to. Other than that he seemed reasonably healthy as far as I know. He was overweight but not very badly. Yes a bit scary.

I am going to look after the kids in the morning after FF is delivered.

Probably back Monday. Dentist at 12.30.

Will let you know.

Well, David was 57 not 50. Alsohe had been to the doc who sent him for an ECG. It seems he got a letter Friday giving him an appointment to see heart doctor at the hospital - tomorrow would you believe.

Apparently for a while when it has been cold he could feel the cold air going down into his chest and it was sort if painful/uncomfortable. According to the internet if you get these symptons you must get medical help immediately.

He was driving himself & son home from footy on Sat. He got to the roundabout and stopped. Drivers were beeping as they went past him. then someone stopped. He was dead in the front seat. Apparently 9yr Alex dialled 999 and said his dad was asleep in the front of the car with his eyes open. .......... Then one of the people who stopped took over the call. My god how is he going to get over that.

Alex does have a slight problem, the name of which escapes me at the moment. He is asking how his dad could fall asleep with his eyes open and when is he coming home. He is also asking will his dad be going to the funeral. He knows dad had a heart attack but is asking if he did it because he has a habit of climbing over the back of sofa and scaring his dad, then dad would say `stop it Alex you will give me a heart attack`.

It is so awful!! Poor Mum and Alex. So sad.

Sorry to be so dismal but had to write it down. Have to keep chin up when with the children and DIL.

That is all so sad. I have tear in my eye reading it and I don't even know them, that poor little lad.
Hugs to you Doreen, because I know you'll be giving them to everyone else xx

Sunday 10th January There`s a sorry tale about food

hexa - 350ml milk
hexb - 2 bread

Brekkie
Eggs and beans on 3 toast (2.1/2)

Lunch
3 light choice sausages - 3
Tomato x 2 . 2 boiled eggs.

Dinner
Rest of the pack of sausages with potato & onion all boiled in a saucepan.
Light choice salad cream - Banana

Now that was not too bad. But me and the kids made cakes.
20syns at least for me I would say

Syns 30.1/2

1 bread - 2.1/2
3 sausages - 3
5 - sausages - 5
Cakes - 20. Probably more!!!!
Salad cream 3 tbs - 3

MONDAY 13TH JANUARY

hexa - 350ml milk
hexb - 2 bread

brekkie
2 cups coffee

Lunch
Eggs bacon mushrooms tomatoes 3 toast 2.1/2 syns

Dinner
chicken thighs, red & yellow peppers, corgette, tomato sweetcorn, sw chipped potato & BNS

Lots munches. 2 muller with underlay (3)
Then probably 6 mullers and 4 bananas.

Syns 5.5
1 bread - 2.1/2
Muller wth underlay x 2 - 3

Very early, not much sleep for 2 nights

Last edited:
That is all so sad. I have tear in my eye reading it and I don't even know them, that poor little lad.
Hugs to you Doreen, because I know you'll be giving them to everyone else xx

Thanks for that Mandy. It is unbelievably sad. I don`t know how they re coping. Mandy has her Dad, Stepmum and MIL with her. I am glad for that.

Thanks for you hugs xxx Much appreciated xxx

I'm also sending (((hugs))) your way... What a sad thing to happen.. And his poor son... I can't imagine what the family must be going through right now xxx

Tuesday 14th January

hexa - 350ml milk
hexb - 2 slices wm bread

Breakfast

1/2 tin beans 2 toast. 2 coffee

Lunch
Pasta in tom & herb sauce with chicken bits in it. (did not eat it all)
Made some BNS & carrot soup - nice but hot - put too much chilli flakes in it. Won`t do that again
frozen berries. yogurt & rice coffee

Dinner
Beef casserole - carrots onion & mushroom in it.
Boiled baby spuds & greens
Fresh pineapple. coffee

Supper
2 bread (5) and ham
white optons (2)

Syns 7

2 bread - 5
1 options - 2

Last edited:
Hi Doreen
How are you today?
Your food is looking good x

Thanks Mandy. I am trying to keep busy because I keep thinkng of poor Alex. Am good though, bedding washed and bed remade. BNS & carrot soup nearly finished. Then am going out to post some sw leaflets. Never got to finish them at the weekend. I will carry on down the road and pop into garden centre for cuppa T.

Hope you ok too.

Wednesday 15th January Green Day
hexa - 350ml skimmed milk
hexa - 75g ex lite soft cheese
hexb - 2 bread
hexb = 90g bacon

Breakfast
potato & mushroom omelette and 2 toast

Lunch
5 scan bran (5) 2 bananas & 1 cherry underlay muller (1.1/2)

Dinner
Mushrooms, corgette. onion, pepper, 90g bacon (h/e)
sft cheese (h/e) tagliatelli.
Banana, 2 mullerlight yogurt.

Syns 6 1/2

5 scanbran - 5
1 muller with underlay - 1.1/2

First green day for a long time. Enjoyed it.

Last edited:
This is weigh day.:fingerscrossed:

Thursday Jan 16th .......... yes lost 1.1/2.

hexa milk

hexb 2 bread

Breakfast
3 bananas and 2 coffee at class

Lunch
1/2 tin beans, 2 eggs and 2 toast

Dinner
Minced beef with onions, swede & carrot mash and small boiled spuds. MAYBE
Frozen fruits & mullerlight cherry.

DIDN`T HAVE THIS ENDED UP AT THE CHPPY BATTERED SAUSAGES & CHIPS. FELL ASLEEP IN THE ARMCHAR AND DID NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING ELSE.

CAN`T COUNT IT SO SYNS FOR TODAY GONE AND MAYBE CUT DOWN DURING THE WEEK.

NO PANIC

Last edited:
Back