NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi Nanny,

can I join the fun please? You can Upndown has kindly gave me your link. I won't pester you much just take all your lovely ideas onboard. ;)

Im sorry to read about Nancy, its heart breaking. Take care of yourself and the family too. x

Hi Nanny,

can I join the fun please? You can Upndown has kindly gave me your link. I won't pester you much just take all your lovely ideas onboard. ;)

Im sorry to read about Nancy, its heart breaking. Take care of yourself and the family too. x
Hi Bubble - nice to see u here! Xx

Haven`t made it to the pictures today -- 1 front door being painted and it has to be left open. 2. The dog is very quiet and does not look well. She not really interested in eating either. Bad sign. They think they will be seeing the vet on Friday. They are both off work and think the time as come to have Nancy put to sleep. :cry:
Sorry u didn't get to pics and sorrier to hear about the dog but she has been suffering hasn't she? But they are so loyal and loving they become family members v quickly so v sad when we lose themxx

Well Friday was not a good day. Ate toast and butter in the evening. This morning Saturday lots of cheese biscuits.

Thats it now. I am going to syn them and be good from now.

So Saturday 21sy June

Milk and bread for hexs

B: bacon, eggs, mushrooms 3 toast

L; 7 bags cheese biscuits. Grapes.

D: minced beef hash with carrots onions and potatoes in it.
Have some strawberries and yogurt for afters.

Mini cheddars 6.1\2 per pk x 7 = 45.1/2

48.1/2 for the day.
Well done for drawing a line early on and I'm impressed u counted those Syns - I stick my head in the sand once I've counted no. 15!!

as u know we're away this wkend and here's my food - not on plan but not gone completely bonkers!!

B: banana and grapes - impressed or what??

Snack: small carrot cake

L: ham salad sandwich but didn't like the bread so left a lot! Then had an apple and banana

D: starter - nuts and seed mix - unusual but nice

main - steak, salad and a few chips

no dessert - too full

had 3 Pimms - v nice!!

Hi - hope ur ok? And that u enjoyed ur weekend - hope too u managed to spend some time with the family? The weather seems to have been good across the country so hope u had some sunshine? I've been thinking about the poor dog - it's going to be a difficult week for the family but they're doing the best thing I think.

Day 2 of my weekend away was much the same as the first - but with a few more treats :eek: hope to be good 2moro - then going to WW on Tues - so shd be back on plan with a venegeance!!

But did I say I'm really only going to WW cos my friend is switching from SW and struggles to walk so need to give her a lift - but think I'm going to ring the changes between WW, SW Red, Green, Extra Easy & Success Express and possibly calorie counting - need to shake things up - going on hols in 6 weeks time and shd be able to get to target by then (based on past performance) keep everything crossed for me!!

Now thats a challenge! CC WW and SW? Good luck with that one. Propoints, syns and Calories which will prevail? Ill be watching Upndown.

Hi Nanny! Hope your well. xxx

Popping in to say hello Doreen = hope ur having a good day and enjoying the weather? :)

Well no Doreen - hope ur ok? Here's my food - not sure what diet I've been on today - just eating what we have in!!

No b'fast - not a good start

L: salmon with a big salad - 1 tsp mayo/vinegar

Snack: peach

T: haddock, baked potato with half reduced fat & half parmesan cheese (1 ounce) and salad with balsamic vinegar

Popped in to say night, night - hope to 'see' u 2moro - Doreen xx

Well it is quiet here - hope all is well - here's my first WW day on the Simple Start plan:

B: porage, berries and fat free yog
L: Ham, salad sandwich and a peach
T: roast dinner with lots of veg & a mini Yorkshire pud (treat) - dessert - strawbs, grapes and fat free yogurt
Snack 2 Jaffa cakes (treat)

skimmed milk in coffee, water and fruit teas and went for a walk for the exercise - WW feels a bit strange after doing SW for so long - but they say that a change is as good as a rest!

Hello Everyone. I just came to say hello and hope that everyone is fine. I've missed the contact the last few weeks. I've been completely off track for a month and really can feel the difference. I went swimming today which was great. My partner goes back to sea on Tuesday so I hope to get back on plan and seriously focused. I hope everyone is fine. Mo

Nice to have u back Doreen and Mo xx

Here's my food - Weds 25 June

B: porage oats, berries & fat free yog
L: 1 slice toast - half an ounce of parmesan shd be all reduced fat cheese but like some flavour! and half and ounce of fat reduced cheese on toast with salad and strawbs and fat free yog
D: chicken roast dinner with lots of veg followed by crumpet (shd have been a WW one but wasn't :rolleyes:) and cheese as above
Snacks: banana, stuffing which is not on WW list for 1st week but only a small amount!!

WW treats - crumpet & stuffing as above - whoops just realised cheese is a treat not a H Extra! had 2 lots!! Will try to have only one treat over next 2 days :eek: have felt full so far - so hopefully I'll manage that! :fingerscrossed:

I know I shd be 100% on WW esp the first week but pleased I'm back in control and I'm happy with a slower weight loss and staying on plan & enjoying my food rather than going obsessive (which I've done in the past then gone into binge mode!!)

Plus I'd need to go to a few shops to get the right brands, types of food etc - exercise I suppose but don't partic enjoy food shopping esp if I have the children in tow cos they ask me to buy crisps, biccies etc :eek: and I can't refuse them (good job they like fruit, salad and veg too!!)

Last edited:
Hi Upndown, Mo and Bubble. Great to see everyone on here. Good for keeping up the swimming Mo. Does poppy continue to improve Upndown?

I didn`t get back on track until Tuesday. Thought I would, but didn`t. Dear old Nancy was bad Saturday but Sunday she was up the park with us all no problem. Son rang the vet and he assures them that. like humans, when animals have a good busy day they usually have a bad day or two afterwards. That seems to be the case here. She was very quite Sunday evening and Monday, but was back to herself apparently Tuesday.

I should have come home on Sunday but didn`t come home till Monday evening as I was not feeling too well. Went to the chippy on the way home.

I don`t really now why I didn`t come on here -------- Oh I guess if I am on here I need to really admit what I am doing. Never mind, off we go again..

Last edited:
My food for Tuesday and Wednesday which I had put on my phone.

Tuesday
B: eggs bacon mush toms 2 bread.
L: chicken thighs toms. 2 bananas
S: 2 pears
D: chicken thigh, 2 small pork chops, tomatoes.
4 pears

Freezer door was not shut properly while I was away so had to cook some meat & poultry and throw somestuff away. Never mind,

Wednesday
B: 2 eggs, mush bacon toms 2 toast
L; SW minced beef hash - carrots & spuds tom puree. 2 bananas
D: 2 precooked pork chops, tomatoes, boiled spud with low fat salad cream (2)

Normal service resumes Thursday. Hospital at 11.15 diabetic eye screening.

Hi Upndown, Mo and Bubble. Great to see everyone on here. Good for keeping up the swimming Mo. Does poppy continue to improve Upndown?

I didn`t get back on track until Tuesday. Thought I would, but didn`t. Dear old Nancy was bad Saturday but Sunday she was up the park with us all no problem. Son rang the vet and he assures them that. like humans, when animals have a good busy day they usually have a bad day or two afterwards. That seems to be the case here. She was very quite Sunday evening and Monday, but was back to herself apparently Tuesday.

I should have come home on Sunday but didn`t come home till Monday evening as I was not feeling too well. Went to the chippy on the way home.

I don`t really now why I didn`t come on here -------- Oh I guess if I am on here I need to really admit what I am doing. Never mind, off we go again..

Welcome home Doreen :553:nice to have u back! Sorry to hear u weren't feeling too good - hope ur ok now? Poor dog - it's horrible when they're not well - at least he's had some fun by the sound of it?

Never mind about going off track - it's hard when we're away isn't it? As Bubble always says - draw a line under it and here's one for u ______________________________ !!

Well that's all of us had a wobble recently - You, Bubble, Mo and me - so let's team up and get on with the job now - good luck to us all!!!!

My food for Tuesday and Wednesday which I had put on my phone.

Tuesday
B: eggs bacon mush toms 2 bread.
L: chicken thighs toms. 2 bananas
S: 2 pears
D: chicken thigh, 2 small pork chops, tomatoes.
4 pears

Freezer door was not shut properly while I was away so had to cook some meat & poultry and throw somestuff away. Never mind,

Wednesday
B: 2 eggs, mush bacon toms 2 toast
L; SW minced beef hash - carrots & spuds tom puree. 2 bananas
D: 2 precooked pork chops, tomatoes, boiled spud with low fat salad cream (2)

Normal service resumes Thursday. Hospital at 11.15 diabetic eye screening.

Two good and tasty days there Doreen - I hope all's well at ur screeining x

Thanks so much for the line Upndown. I was going to do one but my pen had run out. Thanks also for the balloons. :D

Hello Doreen' Good luck for your appointment tomorrow. Your food sounded very good to me. yes being on here makes us admit to what we have been eating. Ididnt want to write down the fooid I had had:mad:

Back