NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yep, I think we're all best looking at it one day at a time :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Woe Nanny that's fantastic. Theres some great losses this week there is something in the air lets hope it stays with us all. x

Wow!! Well done, Doreen! Fantastic news! It just gives you such a lift when you get Slimmer of the Week, doesn't it? So pleased for you. :)

Kathy xx

Wow thats wonderful Doreen! Congratulations slimmer of the week!! Brilliant!! Yes I was shocked when I found out. I am taking the slw release metformin twice a day. The low carb high fat is certainly different but Im quite enjoying it and Ive started to lose weight again. Yes lots of body magic looking after OH. Thank you Cloudy for the kind message. It s good to be back posting on your thread. Thank you Doreen. :)

Morning Nanny have yourself a great weekend. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That upndown is very quiet! I do hope she's not eaten too many yummy French gateau and then been stopped by the Gendarmes for running around naked!! ;)

I'm rather stuffed but not with cake. My neighbour kindly gave us a big box of apples and pears from their trees and the pears are delicious. A few are a bit bruised and won't keep long, so I've eaten three (minus the battered bits). My tum is going to be gurgly all afternoon now! X

I made a big boo boo yesterday. I bought six pack of hi fi bars rocky road. Plus there was a six syn bar in the slimmer of week basket. I bought the rocky road thinking I could have one as h/eb in the evening. Well I did, but I ate them all. :eek:

Ended up having 25syns. Will cover that extra 10 within 3 days. Oh dear.

Saturday 30th August ---------- RED DAY

Hexa 1 350ml milk. hexa 2 20g l/f cheese (1/2/H/E) + other half
hexb 1 230g potatoes with skin

B: bacon, eggs, large mushroom and 20g black pudding (3 syns)

3 bananas yogurt

L: lettuce, sliced onion & pineapple with 30ml x/l mayo. (1 syn) Baby beets, pickled onion, boiled eggs, ham & crab sticks. 20g finely grated l/f cheese.1/2 h/e A. Followed by banana & 1\2 mullerlight.
(SEE THIS CLOUDY - SALAD)

D: Pork chop, boiled spuds, broccoli. runner. 20g lf cheese (1/2 h/ea) Apple sauce (60g 1 syn) home made
2 bananas and mullerlight. Pineapple.

Rest if any later
Syns so far 9

30 syns in 2 day............... make that 34. Baileys coffee

Last edited:
Oh dear re the hifi bars Doreen! That is the problem with stocking up. It could have been a lot worse with chocolate though, at least they're fairly low syn.
All that fibre should get your system moving today!!! :)

Ooh get you, MORE salad lady. Are you getting to like it? Do you find it takes longer to eat and keeps you feeling fuller longer?

Yes it does fill me up morthan I thought. I was quite surprised. I bought some shredded lettuce for pence in the reduced box, very handy. What I did like was little pieces of pineapple mixed in the lettuce with the mayo. Got the pineapple in the reduced box too. It is likely I will have salad again tomorrow. Got lots left and of course I can do the same on green days.

Yes it does fill me up morthan I thought. I was quite surprised. I bought some shredded lettuce for pence in the reduced box, very handy. What I did like was little pieces of pineapple mixed in the lettuce with the mayo. Got the pineapple in the reduced box too. It is likely I will have salad again tomorrow. Got lots left and of course I can do the same on green days.

I'll convert you yet hehe. I put all kinds of herbs from the garden in with mine sometimes, just a little but it's surprising how it livens it up. I personally don't like sweet with savoury in any form, so wouldn't like the pineapple but you could try other fruit, apple, raspberries, pomegranate seeds? Loads of combinations. I'm glad you enjoyed it xx

Just give me any salad ideas you have and I will give it a try. No radishes though. :eek:

Morning just my 2pennies worth: Coriander is the best in salad!
Have a good day nanny and all. X

Morning just my 2pennies worth: Coriander is the best in salad!
Have a good day nanny and all. X

Yep, I love coriander too. If you don't already grow it you can usually buy one of those pots in the supermarket and keep it going on the windowsill for ages.

Ooh yes mustard & cress, good idea, never ever thought about raw mushrooms .

Sunday 30th August ............. RED DAY

Hexa 1, milk. hexa 2 - 20g low far cheese .
hexb 230g spud, 150g baked beans

B: Sainsbury sausage (1syn) bacon, large mushroom, eggs and toms

L: Salad. lettuce, toms, spring onions, ham, egg, peppers, pineapple, balsamic vinegar & 20g cheese 1/2 h/e A

D: Minced beef & onion made into burgers, runner beans, baked beans h/e B., onion gravy (bisto powder 1 syn)
followed by frozen fruit & Yogurt.

Orange jelly and orange mullerlight later. (1.1/2 syns)

Syns 3.1/2.
Reckon I have made up the syns for Friday. No Baileys tonight, early night.

Ended up having crab sticks then strawberries before bed. Wasn1t hungry but fancied eating.

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed my food today. Need some carbs for breakfast when working about as my blood sugars go down and I get shaky.

Great food and well done on making up on syns. No more multi-pack buying (or eating!). I am not and never have been a big fan of breakfast but since starting slimming world I've made sure I've had at least yogurt and fruit every single morning. Occasionally I have toast but I prefer to keep my hex b for later on in the day. We all find what suits us best though and I think that is the key to sticking with it.... plan ahead, ring the changes and eat things you actually like!
Having said that I've never been able to stomach cottage cheese, more the texture than the taste. I have bought some this week with a view to blending it and mixing with an egg to make a sauce topping for brocoli/cauliflower cheese and am hoping its ok, topped with my hexA allowance of grated lower fat cheddar. We shall see :)

Back