NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Thx - lol about the curry! I had another HEB so will edit my food now - so will count today as a Red day. Hope you have a restful night and that the clock change doesn't affect you.

Hubby changed two clocks upstairs earlier so it wasn't noisy later before bed and wakes the baby. Ten mins later, one fell off the wall with an enormous crash, the hook bit on the back had broken. The clock is fine and didn't damage anything, just made us all jump but luckily, didn't wake the baby lol.

You've done really well today.... I'm SO pleased :). Have you got tomorrow planned out too?

Hubby changed two clocks upstairs earlier so it wasn't noisy later before bed and wakes the baby. Ten mins later, one fell off the wall with an enormous crash, the hook bit on the back had broken. The clock is fine and didn't damage anything, just made us all jump but luckily, didn't wake the baby lol.

You've done really well today.... I'm SO pleased :). Have you got tomorrow planned out too?

Glad the clock's ok - better to fall now than in the middle of the night! Yes 2moro planned and feel confident I'll be ok - but don't want to get too cocky!!

Hello everyone. I've just caught up on the thread. We'll done Linda for getting back on track . It is so hard to get back on the wagon. Cloudy I really enjoy your posts. Hope Doreen is fine. Mo

Hello everyone. I've just caught up on the thread. We'll done Linda for getting back on track . It is so hard to get back on the wagon. Cloudy I really enjoy your posts. Hope Doreen is fine. Mo

good to hear from u - hope u will be on plan this week and get the weight loss going again! Yes I now have 1.75 on plan days in the bag - it's a relief and I feel so much better! Xx

Linda is doing fab isn't she?! She's got to stay strong this week, she's representing the Linda contingent at a meet at the weekend :)
Glad you don't find my posts too boring Mo, I do natter a lot about nothing much! ;)
I agree, hope Doreen is having a super early birthday weekend :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

So Linda, was it another good day? Mines been exhausting and my joints are giving me a lot of pain atm but hoping a dose of my 'emergency' meds will kick that into touch.
We're out all day tomorrow, going to visit my mother-in-law and take her to get some shopping, so I can't afford to be hindered by blinkin' knees giving way. Ending up on my backside in the middle of M & S isn't a cool look :(

Good luck with the shopping trip Cloudy. Linda have you had a good day?

Hope everyone's had a good day whatever ur up to! My second day on plan went like this:

B: yog and berries
Snack: Apple
L: Cloudy's pea soup leftover from yest
Snack: Felt hungry so had (HEB) toast with (HEA) cheese and tomatoes
T: Chilli and rice - Rosemary Conley's recipe - delicious - best recipe I've tasted and hubby made it today so even nicer not having cooked it! Followed by a massive fruit fest - berries, grapes, satsumas, apple topped with a yogurt!
No syns - daren't have any treats in the house, too lazy to go to shop but I did have big portions today and all that fruit!

Syns for the week - 13/ 92 remaining

Last edited:

Thanks for asking - yes pleased to say I was on plan - but you'll see above I didn't stint myself!! Hope you had a good day - or perhaps u'll be starting 2moro as you've been away?

Last edited:
So Linda, was it another good day? Mines been exhausting and my joints are giving me a lot of pain atm but hoping a dose of my 'emergency' meds will kick that into touch.
We're out all day tomorrow, going to visit my mother-in-law and take her to get some shopping, so I can't afford to be hindered by blinkin' knees giving way. Ending up on my backside in the middle of M & S isn't a cool look :(

I saw you've been on the tens machine on your thread - sorry you've had pain today - hope the meds kick in and the pain won't interfere with your sleep. Hope too you can enjoy your day out 2moro - hang on to your daughter/hubby/the pram (or whoever's with you!) we can't have you falling over!

Yes you'll see my post above and altho' the portions were plentiful - I stuck to the plan. Been wondering if I restrict myself too much sometimes - then rebel by stuffing myself! So don't mind eating lots of free stuff at the mo - will have to rethink that strategy if I don't lose tho'! Take care xx

Well done Linda!! Brilliant! I stuck to my diet while away as best I could while still enjoying mini break and weighed this morning and no gain so pleased. Cloudy have a great day out today.

Well done Linda!! Brilliant! I stuck to my diet while away as best I could while still enjoying mini break and weighed this morning and no gain so pleased. Cloudy have a great day out today.

Thanks and well done on sts! That's really good with ur time away - I'm sure I wd have put on!

Morning Doreen - hope ur well and enjoyed ur early b'day treat!

Lots of October b'days in my circle - you, me, my middle son, his wife, my friend, my brother in law, my nephew, sis in law.

Last edited:
Hope you're all happy with your day? Mine went ok - only day 3 on plan - seems like longer and feel happier about my eating than I have been for a while - but u know what they say about counting your chickens ..........ok

b: yog, banana, 10 hazelnuts half a HEB, choc shot - 2 tsps I'd say 2 Syns - it's been in the cupboard for a while - don't like it very much but feel I shd finish the bottle cos it's not cheap!
l: leftover chilli, salad leaves, beet, pickled onions and bit of chopped onion
t: Broccoli soup, Pork, carrots and peas yog, banana, half HEB nuts, choc shot 2 Syns - bit repetitive - need to do a shop! Found the choc shot a bit more palatable when gently swirled into the yog but won't buy it again!

part HEA ss milk in 1 coffee

Drank more today too - think it fills me up - 1.9L so far!

did 30 mins exercise video (old one but nowhere near worn out cos I've not played it v much!)

only 4 Syns today but I'm going to try to save some for Saturday's Minis meet!

Edited: had an apple and 3 satsumas tonight - wasn't really hungry - just wanted something to chomp on! But better than choc!

Hope Linda has a peaceful night also Doreen and Mo - off to bed so night, night!

Syns for the week 17/88 remaining

Last edited:

Thanks Mo, we got the bits she needed and sorted out all her clocks. Will be glad when she moves (hopefully early next year) so she's a bit closer to us, the motorway was horrible tonight and took us ages to get home.

Hope you're all happy with your day? Mine went ok - only day 3 on plan - seems like longer and feel happier about my eating than I have been for a while - but u know what they say about counting your chickens ..........

b: yog, banana, 10 hazelnuts half a HEB, choc shot - 2 tsps I'd say 2 Syns - it's been in the cupboard for a while - don't like it very much but feel I shd finish the bottle cos it's not cheap!
l: leftover chilli, salad leaves, beet, pickled onions and bit of chopped onion
t: Broccoli soup, Pork, carrots and peas yog, banana, half HEB nuts, choc shot 2 Syns - bit repetitive - need to do a shop! Found the choc shot a bit more palatable when gently swirled into the yog but won't buy it again!

part HEA ss milk in 1 coffee

Drank more today too - think it fills me up - 1.9L so far!

did 30 mins exercise video (old one but nowhere near worn out cos I've not played it v much!)

only 4 Syns today but I'm going to try to save some for Saturday's Minis meet!

Good day for you, that's great. It's funny, Choc Shot seems to be a bit like Marmite, people either really like it or not, I do like it, well a little drizzled on my cherries and fromage frais :).
Day Three completed successfully, now you HAVE to stick at it.... you don't want to have wasted that willpower now, do you?
Earlier you said about maybe going too low on syns, treats etc.... I think that could be the case. Make sure you plan IN some things that *feel* naughty but make the most of your syns, so you don't need to feel guilty about them at all and it feels like you're not going without all the nice stuff. I'm going to make another scan bran cake tomorrow, it is really filling and with the cherries etc, not bad tasting or texture, so it feels more like an actual pudding, if you see what I mean. Not just one or two mouthfuls that just leave you wanting more and not worth the syns.
Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be keeping an eye out for you :)

Thanks Mo, we got the bits she needed and sorted out all her clocks. Will be glad when she moves (hopefully early next year) so she's a bit closer to us, the motorway was horrible tonight and took us ages to get home.

Good day for you, that's great. It's funny, Choc Shot seems to be a bit like Marmite, people either really like it or not, I do like it, well a little drizzled on my cherries and fromage frais :).
Day Three completed successfully, now you HAVE to stick at it.... you don't want to have wasted that willpower now, do you?
Earlier you said about maybe going too low on syns, treats etc.... I think that could be the case. Make sure you plan IN some things that *feel* naughty but make the most of your syns, so you don't need to feel guilty about them at all and it feels like you're not going without all the nice stuff. I'm going to make another scan bran cake tomorrow, it is really filling and with the cherries etc, not bad tasting or texture, so it feels more like an actual pudding, if you see what I mean. Not just one or two mouthfuls that just leave you wanting more and not worth the syns.
Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be keeping an eye out for you :)

Thanks for ur support and wise words - much appreciated! yes think I need to maximise what SW recommends over the week - proved that I can't cut corners in the longer term!

Did I tell u I like the lemon couscous cake - but made an awful one last week and cdn't eat it! I've had good and bad experiences with SB cakes but will try the cherry almond one - sounds lovely! There are plenty of things we can try - no excuses for boredom or being hungry that's for sure! I even have a few sheets of A4 with lots of SW recipes/treats/suggestions need to look at it each week b4 I do the food shop - to ring the changes!

Ah, trying to cut corners. I think that's a problem for me too.... its ingrained from previous diets that the lower you go, the quicker you'll lose. Ok, sometimes that works but we do actually know that slimming world works and we don't need to go too low, just to eat the right things and that includes plenty of free and of course, superfree foods plus use our syns, partly to make meals more interesting but also to have a small amount of chocolate, crisps or whatever we wish to use them on. :)

Yes, you have mentioned the couscous cake. I've not tried that or the weetabix cake, as I got some more scan bran and still have enough of that for three lots of cake/muffin making. I'm not sure I'd describe it as lovely but its not that bad, honest and if you like cherries, I really recommend trying the Sainsburys frozen cherries, they're amazing. Well I think so :rolleyes:

Ah, trying to cut corners. I think that's a problem for me too.... its ingrained from previous diets that the lower you go, the quicker you'll lose. Ok, sometimes that works but we do actually know that slimming world works and we don't need to go too low, just to eat the right things and that includes plenty of free and of course, superfree foods plus use our syns, partly to make meals more interesting but also to have a small amount of chocolate, crisps or whatever we wish to use them on. :)

Yes, you have mentioned the couscous cake. I've not tried that or the weetabix cake, as I got some more scan bran and still have enough of that for three lots of cake/muffin making. I'm not sure I'd describe it as lovely but its not that bad, honest and if you like cherries, I really recommend trying the Sainsburys frozen cherries, they're amazing. Well I think so :rolleyes:

Yes I think SW cakes are a good substitute but u can't beat the real thing! And I really do think it's better to fill up on free or super free than be hungry then pig out! In fact just did that tonight (eating lots of super free not binge!) so need to update my post!

must try the sainsbury cherries - love cherries and u only get a few in the mixed berry packs!

Good morning All. I went in search of frozen fruit about 2 weeks ago and only managed to find frozen raspberries. I will try Sainsburys for frozen cherries. Lovely! Hope you have a super day. Keep up the good work Upndown ! Ooh Cloudy I hate motorways when conditions aren't good. I hope her move closer comes soon for you.

Back