NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I don`t know what is wrong with me the last few days. My head feels funny, I have a scarf wrapped around my neck. Head feels too heavy for my neck. I do have a slight neck problem so I suppose it could be that radiating up to my head. I also can `feel` noise in my head, not in my ears. I will try and mention it at the hospital tomorrow, they may have a solution. I will mention of course if it is still there tomorrow.

I feel like going to bed to have a sleep but then I may have a problem tonight and need to lbe at hospital by 9 and if the weather is as it has been I will have to get all the ice ans frost off the car first and will have to stick to the main roads instead of the lanes.

Mu sugars are a little high so could be that. I am going to have to stop eating as much fruit if it carries on. If I have - say - peaches in the evening my sugars are up in the morning. Mullerlights are 7% sugar so they are not good really. Often low fat equals high sugar.

I reckon when I go to look after the kids and I feel like this I put it down to tiredness of school runs etc. Maybe it isn`t. Better sugar checks for me I reckon.

I think I will get my old diabetic book out and look for some clues.
Anoither long post. Sorry if I boring but it does helo just to type it out. :)

Not boring at all - if it's on our minds I think we shd be able to post it - esp u - it's ur diary after all! Headaches are a nuisance - make us feel strange at times - hope it passes soon and perhaps u shd mention it - just to check. Also ur blood sugars do warrant a check too? Hard when fruit and mullerlights contribute too. Let us know jow u get on at ur appointment- I'll pop in to check on u - hope u feel better in the morning Doreen xx

I am going to have to look into my food, I had a peek at the scales today and have only lost 1/2. That was about 12 noon and I had not eaten or drunk up to the point because of the blood test. Got to cut down somewhere me thinks.

Maybe 1 egg and 1 bread and mushrooms or beans. Hospital tomorrow for my eyes so may start tomorrow. I can take a banana with me in case I get peckish. Have today to think about it.

I'm the same Doreen - not had the best day today - see what u think!

RED DAY

b: apple and banana
l: at a cafe - bowl of veg soup and half a bap filled with ham & cheese ( my friend and i went to a deli which has a cafe & they sell that duo as a special! but why did I choose it?)
Not sure how many syns in the soup, also whilst the bread wd be a heb, cheese a hea, but ? syns in the butter/marg - why didn't ask for none? had a black coffee with just a splash of milk at least no dessert!
t: chicken, baked potato, lettuce, cherrytoms, cucumber (same as yest!)
tiny piece if choc brownie, 2 tsps ice cream syns? so small not really worth it!
snack: orange, banana, then just now I had 2 slices of bread toasted with apricot jam (no butter) why??

oh dear another SW day down the drain! Feel fatter too esp around my tum! 2moro's another day!

hexa milk hexb 60g wm bread

Bi breakfast - blood test 10.30

L; 2 eggs, 2 bacon lots mushroom. toast.

S: pear & coffee when I got up.

D: Minced beef with carrots & onion, broccoli & small spud.
Banana,

2 pears & mullerlight.

bread was xtra 5g so (1/2 syn)

A really good day Doreen - only half a syn too - you'll see from my post I had loads - perhaps I could have ur 14.5 remaining syns please lol! xx

They sound interesting.... will bear it in mind if I need a free snack, or are they counted as syns? I seem to recall a discussion on that kind of thing a while back but cant' remember what.
When I was going to SW class the were free - don't think it'd be classed as 'food abuse' as u can't really eat raw potato - not even me on a bad day!xx

Morning all.
Just a quickie. Hurrah no ice or heavy frost here this morning, no cleaning of the car then. Wow just seen some tv. Lots of snow in Sheffield. Please please don`t send it down here.

Will pop back when I get back from hospital.

Morning Doreen, hope the snow stays away for you.. we haven't had any either thankfully but it is forecast.
Hope it goes well at the hospital :) x

Funny you should say that - just posting about them was enough to make me make some - they're flipping lovely - but a pain to make - I made 1 potato's worth (average size that I'd use for a baked potato) and got a heaped cereal bowl full - so about the size of a pack of crisps or more maybe?

but even tho I sliced them as thin as I could I ended up cooking them for 3 mins then turned them (they stick otherwise) at first cooking for 1 further minute and turning them - but got fed up so cooked them for 2 mins a time - took about 30 mins in the end cos when they were raw/sliced - they filled 2 dinner plates full - but worth it!!

I'm no potato expert but have been told you have to use potatoes that chip well - I used those red skinned Rooster potatoes tonight and they were fine but remember ages ago using new potatoes and they didn't work.

How bad is that tho' - just came on Minis to say hello - then planned to go to bed - now eaten crisps and late for bed! Hope they work for you.

Yes they do taste like ready salted - but more like the good quality ones probably cos I cdn't slice them as thin as the W----r's etc brands. Wow what a long post!xx

Lol dont worry xx will try these later today i think x

Morning Doreen, hope the snow stays away for you.. we haven't had any either thankfully but it is forecast.
Hope it goes well at the hospital :) x

No snow and no sun which is good as I have my eye dilated for the test. I did get seen very quickly but I have to go back on 4th Feb for some lasering on my right eye as it is leaking. Could not be done today as I was seen before my time I would have had to wait a very long time. The doc said he was going to put on my notes that I get very anxious and must have early appointments.

The one on the 4th is 9.20. Ihad to be seen within 6 weeks. I will be seen 2nd which is really good.

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

Just joined the site, looking to Join Slimming World soon, Fab work and encouragement to join the band wagon!
Great thread! Look forward to joining in!
Have a fab day!
Stacey

Hey Ladies,

Just joined the site, looking to Join Slimming World soon, Fab work and encouragement to join the band wagon!
Have a fab day!
Stacey

As u'll have seen - it's Doreen's thread - she'll give a great welcome and looks after us all! Welcome xx

No snow and no sun which is good as I have my eye dilated for the test. I did get seen very quickly but I have to go back on 4th Feb for some lasering on my right eye as it is leaking. Could not be done today as I was seen before my time I would have had to wait a very long time. The doc said he was going to put on my notes that I get very anxious and must have early appointments.

The one on the 4th is 9.20. Ihad to be seen within 6 weeks. I will be seen 2nd which is really good.

Hi Doreen - glad that's over for u - and that u have an early appointment next time - good too that the weather suited you - will pop in later xx

Last edited:
As u'll have seen - it's Doreen's thread - she'll give a great welcome and looks after us all! Welcome xx

Thanks! Random question, But on most threads I've read there is nothing about the amount of water people drink. I religously try to drink 2 litres of water aday. When I stop drinking water I start putting weight back on. Do any of you fab Slimming world'ers calculate your water intake too?
Stacey :)

Hey Ladies,

Have a fab day!
Stacey

Welcome Stacey. Look forward to hearing about your journey. Pop in anytime please. xx

Doreen

Thanks! Random question, But on most threads I've read there is nothing about the amount of water people drink. I religously try to drink 2 litres of water aday. When I stop drinking water I start putting weight back on. Do any of you fab Slimming world'ers calculate your water intake too?
Stacey :)

The short answer from me is no. I think I should but I usually drink coffee all day long with diet lemonade sometimes.
I drink more water in the summer but don`t even think about it most of the time,. Maybe I should even if only 1 litre. Good point tho Stacey.

I am just going to settle with a coffee. :rolleyes:

Hi Doreen - glad that's over for u - and that u have an early appointment next time - good too that the weather suited you - wil pop in later xx

I was supposed to go to a meeting tonight at 5pm. When I was leaving the house it was not quite dark but I could not see because of the lights on the other cars. My eye had to be dilated as I said and they have not closed properly yet and it would have been too dangerous to drive, if fact I could not drive.. I expect they will phone me in the morning, I am supposed to attend for 5 weeks. oh well..

I.used to drink loads but now i dont lol more to do with increased toilet trips lol

I.used to drink loads but now i dont lol more to do with increased toilet trips lol

Lol oh i remember these so well, Especially when i jumped on the lemon water band wagon which was fab, but I just never managed to make it a permanet habit! Once I got into routine of drinking the water loo visits slowed down. Now i normally only have constant trips if I haven't eaten enough!

I have strict 1 in 1 out rule with my drinks! Lol x

Back