NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi Ladies. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Love Wales, Sammyanth! Just hope the rain stops for you. Such a pain after all the lovely weather we've had!

What a clever boy, Flynn is, Doreen! Boys, especially, aren't always keen on reading, are they? It's the key that will help him so much with his overall learning too so, that's great, that he's top of the class. :) Gosh! Just realised how text bookish that sounds. Sorry! :D
Sounds like you've been very busy in your garden, Doreen. Makes such a difference when it's all tidied up.
Sorry to hear you've gone a bit mad Syn wise. Hope you enjoyed it though! :D I'm sure you'll manage to pull it back though, before your next WI. I've stayed the same this week, which I'm also disappointed about. I know it's not a gain but I've really stuck to plan. It does this every time, though, which is why it always takes me ages to reach my target weight. Such a nuisance! Just wish it went on as slowly as it comes off!! Pete lost 1lb so he's lost half a stone now, in the three weeks he's been doing it. Really pleased for him, as his job as a driving instructor doesn't help. :7600:

Hope you're enjoying your weekend with your family, Linda. So tricky to stick to plan when friends and family require feeding. I'm sure you'll soon be back on track though. Enjoy your time with them.

Hi to Ann too. Hope you're having a good, extended weekend. :) xx

I was sorry to read that your mouth still hurts - but hope you've seen some improvement during the day? Had a little giggle at your 'near punch' your class sounds fun! Yes as you say your loss shd next week - I thought that your food had been good too!! Glad you're seeing the family - that'll give you a boost I hope Faye enjoys the dancing and the audition goes well. Enjoying the weekend - too much food wise - oh dear. Look after yourself and I hope your mouth improves with those last few tablets. xx

Yes Amy does sound like a hard worker and helping her out will pay dividends I'm sure - not long to go now!! Your meal with Pete's Mum sounds fab - no wonder she felt it was a treat cos it was!! You may have seen that I'm not on plan even after all my planning xx

Clever little Flynn - must get in from his clever Nanny I reckon!! Like you I've overdone the food this weekend so far. xx

Blimey that's a lot of digging plus your walk - excellent body magic Doreen - weather here has been cold and it's rained for most of the day - typical Bank Hol really!!xx

Thanks - enjoying myself and the food too much!! Hope you're having a good time at the van. xx
Wow Doreen - grass cutting, more digging and weeding - tha garden will look good and you'll look great with your toned muscles!! xx

Nice to get the call from your consultant and your syns are much better than mine - I'm past counting - oh dear........ actually I should have said you're doing great with your food and body magic Doreen - well done - how do you fancy coming to live with me for a month - I'd learn a lot but ............perhaps I'd be a bad influence on you!! :eek:xxx

Mouth is so much better today thank you. It is a possibility I may lose the tooth. Abscess gone but still some discomfort. Nothing like it was thank goodness.

The audition Faye did was brilliant. She did the song `Quiet` from Matilda. The applause was fantastic. What they do now, as they have other auditions to do, it pick 22 from the ones that go through and they will go to the final. Good luck Faye.

Flynn is doing so well at school. He is doing tennis instead of Kung Fu now. Hed also does breakfast club at 8am which is mostly games. He loves it.

I thought my food was good enough to lose weight, never mind. I don`t know about you being a bad influence on me. Well if you have cake and biscuits around you would.
:D

Last edited:
Hi Ladies. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Love Wales, Sammyanth! Just hope the rain stops for you. Such a pain after all the lovely weather we've had!

What a clever boy, Flynn is, Doreen! Boys, especially, aren't always keen on reading, are they? It's the key that will help him so much with his overall learning too so, that's great, that he's top of the class. :) Gosh! Just realised how text bookish that sounds. Sorry! :D
Sounds like you've been very busy in your garden, Doreen. Makes such a difference when it's all tidied up.
Sorry to hear you've gone a bit mad Syn wise. Hope you enjoyed it though! :D I'm sure you'll manage to pull it back though, before your next WI. I've stayed the same this week, which I'm also disappointed about. I know it's not a gain but I've really stuck to plan. It does this every time, though, which is why it always takes me ages to reach my target weight. Such a nuisance! Just wish it went on as slowly as it comes off!! Pete lost 1lb so he's lost half a stone now, in the three weeks he's been doing it. Really pleased for him, as his job as a driving instructor doesn't help. :7600:

Hope you're enjoying your weekend with your family, Linda. So tricky to stick to plan when friends and family require feeding. I'm sure you'll soon be back on track though. Enjoy your time with them.

Don`t apologise Kathy it is nice to hear what you think too. He seems to pick things up so quiickly. I know he is 6 but he is really proud of himself because he sleeps in his own bed all night. No DVD`s first. He says he just lies down and goes to sleep. Mind you three days of school are 8am to 4.30 pm must make him more sleepy. He has told me when I go to his house and sleep, I am allowed to tell him a story but he won`t sleep with me. His mum told me he won`t go back to his own bed when I have been there. I don`t mind it is a small bed.

I was annoyed that I had all those syns but am counteracting well as you will see from my food for today. I really need to see a loss this week. As you say we don`t want STS do we. Hope you get a loss next week too. Men, they always seem to do much better than us girls.

Enjoy rest of the weekend Kathy

Sunday 3rd May

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 tin baked beans, 1/2 triangle cheese (1/2)
2 eggs. coffee
L; banana, satsuma.
D: 2 small pork loin chops, roast spud, broccoli, cauli, processed peas. Gravy (2)
later Fruit and had 4 slices of ham with my fruit
.Syn today 2.1/2. . Weekly syns 43.5/45

Last edited:
Thanks, Doreen. Yes, hope we both see the scales move in the right direction next week. Can tell I'm on the verge of eating something I shouldn't today! Not because of the STS but I just feel in one of those picking moods. Just seen the pizza van pull up across the Close too and I've just said to Pete - how lovely to just sit watching telly with some tasty comfort food, like that, this evening, while it's dull and chilly outside. Instead, I've got to go into the kitchen very soon and prepare the chicken and chorizo risotto we're having tonight! I'm sure I'll feel differently when I've eaten it - just don't feel in the mood for cooking today. :(

Right, enough moaning! Sounds like Faye is doing amazingly well in all her activities too. What clever little grand-children you have, Doreen! You must be very proud. Made me laugh about Flynn's sleeping arrangements! :D

Off to put my Gordon Ramsey hat on now and try to stop thinking about pizza and steaming hot, crunchy, golden chips. Ahem. :) xx

I'd eat pizza and steaming hot chips - glad there's no smells coming from my kitchen right now

Ha ha, Clouddog! :D I've been angelic - the risotto is simmering away, as I type! :) If I don't lose next week though, guess what I'll be scoffing for next Sunday's tea!!

Hi Maria. Hope everything's good with you. :)

Kathy x

Last edited:

Hello ladies - hope you're all well and enjoyed the weekend so far - Kathy I felt for you with your weigh in - then having the pizza delivery so tantalisingly close by - well done for sticking to your planned meal - I'm sure you enjoyed it but just sometimes it's good to have a takeaway isn't it??

I'm late coming on today - it's been a busy one - 12 of us here today - 13 if you count my youngest son's new little daschund puppy!! My hubby - I shd call him by his name - Phil - will do from no on - Phil cooked a spag bol and a veg pasta bake for the 2 veggies (at least one has changed from vegan which was harder to cater for) but we're sitting with Owen now - everyone's gone home and his parents have gone out to meet friends.

My food has been ridiculously high in syns today - but will try to get back on plan 2moro - now Phil has retired he'd like to lose a stone or so - so hopefully that will help me!! Here's some flowers for you for being on plan and those scales not rewarding you :flowers: :girlpower:

Mouth is so much better today thank you. It is a possibility I may lose the tooth. Abscess gone but still some discomfort. Nothing like it was thank goodness.

The audition Faye did was brilliant. She did the song `Quiet` from Matilda. The applause was fantastic. What they do now, as they have other auditions to do, it pick 22 from the ones that go through and they will go to the final. Good luck Faye.

Flynn is doing so well at school. He is doing tennis instead of Kung Fu now. Hed also does breakfast club at 8am which is mostly games. He loves it.

I thought my food was good enough to lose weight, never mind. I don`t know about you being a bad influence on me. Well if you have cake and biscuits around you would.
:D

Glad Faye did so well - good luck for the next stage!! Flynn's doing his bit too - no wonder you're so proud of them - well I would have been a reallly naughty influence on you today and if you'd have copied me your syns wd have been 200.5 not 2,5 which was fantastic Doreen - go you - I hope to be joining you on the the straight and narrow 2moro - and Phil and I are planning a bike ride in the week - so hope to burn some of the naughtiness off!! xx

Don`t apologise Kathy it is nice to hear what you think too. He seems to pick things up so quiickly. I know he is 6 but he is really proud of himself because he sleeps in his own bed all night. No DVD`s first. He says he just lies down and goes to sleep. Mind you three days of school are 8am to 4.30 pm must make him more sleepy. He has told me when I go to his house and sleep, I am allowed to tell him a story but he won`t sleep with me. His mum told me he won`t go back to his own bed when I have been there. I don`t mind it is a small bed.

I was annoyed that I had all those syns but am counteracting well as you will see from my food for today. I really need to see a loss this week. As you say we don`t want STS do we. Hope you get a loss next week too. Men, they always seem to do much better than us girls.

Enjoy rest of the weekend Kathy
Well you're back on track now Doreen and very low syns indeed - very improessive. No we never welcome an sts esp when we've been on plan - but it happens sometimes SOOOOO annoying!!xx

Sunday 3rd May

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 tin baked beans, 1/2 triangle cheese (1/2)
2 eggs. coffee
L; banana, satsuma.
D: 2 small pork loin chops, roast spud, broccoli, cauli, processed peas. Gravy (2)
Fruit
.Syn today 2.1/2. . Weekly syns 43.5/45

Brilliant day Doreen - extra specially good as it's a Bank Hol!! Well done you :angel09::winner:xxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Doreen. Yes, hope we both see the scales move in the right direction next week. Can tell I'm on the verge of eating something I shouldn't today! Not because of the STS but I just feel in one of those picking moods. Just seen the pizza van pull up across the Close too and I've just said to Pete - how lovely to just sit watching telly with some tasty comfort food, like that, this evening, while it's dull and chilly outside. Instead, I've got to go into the kitchen very soon and prepare the chicken and chorizo risotto we're having tonight! I'm sure I'll feel differently when I've eaten it - just don't feel in the mood for cooking today. :(

Right, enough moaning! Sounds like Faye is doing amazingly well in all her activities too. What clever little grand-children you have, Doreen! You must be very proud. Made me laugh about Flynn's sleeping arrangements! :D

Off to put my Gordon Ramsey hat on now and try to stop thinking about pizza and steaming hot, crunchy, golden chips. Ahem. :) xx

Hope you enjoyed your meal Kathy - you will when you get on those scales I'm sure xxx

Thanks for the beautiful flowers and all the encouragement, Linda. :) I did actually, REALLY enjoy the risotto! I'd forgotten how tasty it is. We had a bowl of strawberries after so, all in all, a good meal.

At least the spag bol should have been ok for you, wasn't it? How good of Phil to do the cooking. Pete made a meal for myself and my two 'children' (Philip - 30, Amy - 28) years ago and, to be honest, it was painful! Can't remember now what it was he cooked but he had each ingredient weighed out in separate dishes, as they do on the cookery programmes, he drained the potatoes in a colander, instead of with the pan lid and created a total mess in the kitchen, with lots of washing up! It took absolutely ages too and every time I went into the kitchen, I was itching to take over or, at least, to tidy up but I had to control myself. :) Eventually, when the meal was finally ready, after practically every mouthful, he asked us all if it was ok! I remember saying to him how it just showed what a novelty it was for him to cook! :D To be honest though now, he's so ridiculously busy, that it's easier for me to do all the cooking because he's never in much before 9 o'clock.

Glad your weekend sounds to have gone very well though, Linda. Forget the excessive Syns. Sometimes they just can't be avoided, can they? I'm sure you'll soon be back on track. Ooh, a little daschund puppy - how cute! :) Lots of cuddles! Have a good day tomorrow, Linda. xx

I love those little sausagedog puppies.

Kathy thw story of Phil doing the cooking for the `children` reminded me of a trip to my see my Sister.

She does lovely cooking, but never gives big portions and always a pudding, ww style for me. "I said to her hubby that he was so lucky to have Janet cook a meal every day for him. My sister said he can cook but doesn`t. He told me that when he is cooking Janet keeps popping in and telling how he should be doing it because he is doing it wrong.
I remember her taking a boiled egg off of me which I was having trouble peeling and said "Don`t you watch Jamie Oliver? This is how you shell an egg"

Don`t get me wrong she is lovely, she just cannot not say anything if not being done `her way`.
Of course when Trev was telling me she pulled a face and said she does not do that. Miss Bossy Boots.

Glad you enjoyed your paella, I have only had mushroom paella with my Andy (NZ) cooked for me. Looked like too much trouble. But was lovely. Much better than the pizza van though so well done you.

I added yesterday with my evening fruit 4 slices of ham. Was not hungry but wanted to eat.
Dinner today will be either chilli con carni of lasagne. Not sure yet.

Did some more digging today and cut the grass twice so it is now nice and low as we are expecting rain tomorrow. It does say sunny in the afternoon though. Have the front to do now.
Just had dinner so when it has settled I will go out and give the garden a good sweep.
Spent 3 hours out today at the cafe (went in the car, this friend does not want to walk) having fruit tea then walking around the two garden centres.

My food for today.

Monday 4th May

hexa 1% milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 triangle cheese. beans, 1 egg 2 toast.
L: 2 cheeses, ham, tomatoes, satsumas.
D: Mince, bns, corgette, tomatoes Lasagne.
white sauce & topping 2 eggs & yogurt Plus 40g LF cheese and slimming world chips. Just a few.
Frozen berries & yogurt
2 apples, 2 satsumas

Syns. 2.1/2 triangle cheese - 2.5
cheese 40g - 5.5

Weekly syns 51/60

Half of the Lasagne I made will go in the freezer for another day.

Last edited:
Did some more digging today and cut the grass twice so it is now nice and low as we are expecting rain tomorrow. It does say sunny in the afternoon though. Have the front to do now. Just had dinner so when it has settled I will go out and give the garden a good sweep. Spent 3 hours out today at the cafe (went in the car, this friend does not want to walk) having fruit tea then walking around the two garden centres. My food for today. Monday 4th May hexa 1% milk. hexb 2 bread B: 1/2 triangle cheese. beans, 1 egg 2 toast. L: 2 cheeses, ham, tomatoes, satsumas. D: Mince, bns, corgette, tomatoes Lasagne. white sauce & topping 2 eggs & yogurt Plus 40g LF cheese and slimming world chips. Just a few. Frozen berries & yogurt 2 apples, 2 satsumas Syns. 2.1/2 triangle cheese - 2.5 cheese 40g - 5.5 Weekly syns 51/60 Half of the Lasagne I made will go in the freezer for another day.

I am jealous I have been unable to cut mine as it's been raining today x

Now i am going to have to make a Risotto

The one I made. clouddog, is so easy but totally delicious! I tried to upload a photo of it, to put with the recipe on mine and Doreen's thread but, no chance! I'll have to wait until Amy, my daughter, comes home again. She's already shown me how to do it but I can't remember the final bit. Oh well, you'll just have to believe when I say it was b.... gorgeous! :D

Glad you've had a good day, Doreen. We've been over to SCS to look at a sofa that looked lovely on the internet. Anyway, it was a wasted journey, as it looked nothing like, when we were there! Just making tea now. We're having balsamic chicken with baby roasts and veg today.

Have a good evening, all. :) xx

Hi ladies! love reading through your goings on this thread is so supporting at all times.
Ive not been in a great place but am working through and working through, Im beginning to teach myself that we all get bad days and it doesn't mean Im in need of the dreaded pills again I just need to look for the positives in life and keep on smiling. I think I am winning this time as I haven't needed to run to the docs, what I need is fresh air and light and exercise it really really lifts my mood. So hence the new regime is to train for the London marathon. Ive entered the ballot today so am going to train like I have been excepted and try not to be disappointed if Im not. Lets see if the weight falls off with the running...
Hope you all have a lovely week. xxx

Best of luck for the Marathon! are we talking 2016?

xxxxx

I did a bunch of halfs

Yep cloud dog im going for the 2016. 3 stone to lose to get to what i was when i last did the walking marathon. Hoping the training again will see it off. X

Yep cloud dog im going for the 2016. 3 stone to lose to get to what i was when i last did the walking marathon. Hoping the training again will see it off. X

Great motivation to lose weight Bubble - hope you get selected!!!xxx

Hi ladies! love reading through your goings on this thread is so supporting at all times.
Ive not been in a great place but am working through and working through, Im beginning to teach myself that we all get bad days and it doesn't mean Im in need of the dreaded pills again I just need to look for the positives in life and keep on smiling. I think I am winning this time as I haven't needed to run to the docs, what I need is fresh air and light and exercise it really really lifts my mood. So hence the new regime is to train for the London marathon. Ive entered the ballot today so am going to train like I have been excepted and try not to be disappointed if Im not. Lets see if the weight falls off with the running...
Hope you all have a lovely week. xxx

Lovely to see you posting here again Bubble - you're right it's a cosy, comfy place to be - no recriminations here only support and lots of fun - sometimes Doreen gets a bit cheeky with me - but I forgive her ;) and on a good day - I try to give a little back :rolleyes:

Sorry to read you've been feeling down - but great you managed not to go to the docs - as you say - we all have down days as part of life but you are busy with the family and work - I agree exercise lifts our mood and hopefully it'll be good for you and it'll surely burn off lots of calories - a win, win situation. Good luck xxx

Back