NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hello . Sorry you have not feeling to good.
I have since Friday been at my sister's house in Peterborough. Having a great time but wish we could have had some sun. It has been very windy and pretty cold.
Saturday I went to a Fellowship for mediums to one of their charity evenings. Fish up chip supper, a demonstration of mediumship by my sister.
Then a fifteen minute reading from another medium.
I won't go into all of it, but the first thing she came up with was about me crafting. She was mentioning sewing. I do cross stitch cards all year for the family. That was good.
Spent a few hours with some lovely people.

Earlier in the day my sister had me trying on clothes she can no longer wear. She has had a gastric bypass and so far lost 6 stones.
She even got me to try leggings. No of course I don't wear leggings. I do now. They looked so good and I looked good. 😁. If I say so myself. I have even got a couple of dresses. Jackie always said that my clothes where too big on me. I didn't think so but she has showed me how wrong I was.

I am going to see to of my grand children tomorrow then home Tuesday then back on the diet.

Was unable to get weighed Friday. I have done quite another of walking this week so hopefully this will show next week.
I have eaten all sorts so may start posting my food tomorrow or Tuesday.

Lovely post there Doreen - wow your sister's done well with her gastric band - sounds like you've had a lovely time and it'll be lovely to see the grandchildren 2moro too.

Interesting about the medium too it's fascinating isn't it - I've been a couple of times and lovely that you heard your sister doing the talk.

I know what you mean about clothes - at one time I had a sort of 'uniform' - mostly dark clothes that I felt 'ok' in and got in a rut with 'safe' styles too - you've lost so much weight now - it'll be good to wear different things and colours esp with the summer coming (well fingers crossed!)

Ooh leggings too - will they go with your new tops I wonder? Hope that'll give you a boost and keep you on the straight and narrow from Tuesday - I'll be checking your food carefully :classic_smile::classic_confused::classic_roll_eyes:

Weather's been quite good here - I was in the garden for a couple of hours yesterday - didn't need a jacket but felt rough today so stayed in.

Have a safe journey home. x

I could never have seen me in a dress and leggings. I borrowed one of my sister's bras , wow what a difference. We went to M&S with s couple of vouchers Jackie had and bought one for myself. They only had one of what I wanted so still have the voucher to buy another when I get home.
It really looked different. I am pretty happy at the moment.

Speak soon xx

Yes good fitting bras do make a difference and having a few new clothes that fit well do too - lifts our spirits somehow - you've come a long way Doreen - know you'll carry on - well done - I'm really pleased for you! :classic_smile:

Last edited:
I feel really rough today - Phil said I looked it too :classic_wink: so won't be doing much - don't have the energy - hopefully I'll feel better as the day goes on.

Edit: Still feel rough - just eaten bacon and cheese sarnies and some biscuits - that's all I fancy.

Last edited:
Thanks - hope your days going well - weather's dull and cold here too!

Edit: As the day's gone on - the weather's improved - blue sky and much warmer - even the birds are singing!

Last edited:
I live in leggings and haven't worn a dress since 2014 and only wore one then as it was a naming ceremony. Don't know why I did as no one else got dressed up for it.:classic_roll_eyes:

Sorry to read your still feeling unwell @upndown

Hee Hee Mary - just think - years ago our Mums would have worn dresses/jackets/hat & gloves & matching handbags to naming ceremonies/christenings in those days!

Less sinus pain now - so on the mend - just feel really tired! How's your sinus today?

Last edited:
Thanks - the sinuses are not as bad now - just feel tired but that'll go soon I'm sure! xx

Last edited:
No Doreen - hope you're ok?

Still feeling washed out so not going to class today - thought about doing an SP day but going to try doing some Red/Green days - I used to do well on those - it'll be a change too - Doreen please keep your eye on me and let me know if I'm doing things wrong - if my weight losses improve I'll buy the red/green books on eBay - expect I'll have to keep quiet about it at classes in case they put me in the naughty corner!

5pm and feeling very full - so far so good but I've had to spend a fair bit of time on the net to check what I'm doing!

7pm and feeling even fuller! I could have had all the above (and more!) on the Extra Easy Plan (the main plan offered by SW these days for non-SW-ers)

In fact I wouldn't have weighed the potato so probably (actually definitely wd have had a bigger one!) plus I'd have eaten the kidney beans and probably more fruit and possibly more free food just because we can on EE.

Yet what I had was plenty ;) and because I haven't done a Red day for a while I was checking each thing - so it was taking more time to prepare my food and think taking more time made me appreciate my food and somehow felt fuller sooner and longer - might be just a novelty at the moment!

But I'll definitely be sticking to Red & Green this week.

RED DAY

B: frozen berries (defrosted :classic_err_what: ) half a Mullerlight, 40g porage oats - HEB - lovely - not had that for a while!
(Had my b'fast late at about 11 and I was genuinely hungry again at 12.30 :classic_frown: will try that b'fast again but a pity if it doesn't fill me.)

L: small bowl of leftover speed veg soup, bacon, melted HEA cheese and mushrooms

D: SW chilli (lots of speed) and 230g potato (raw weight) HEB for slimming world SW chips - I'll pick out the kidney beans as I've used my 2 HEBs but not that keen on them anyway! Speed fruit salad for more speed with rest of Mullerlight & a third of an SF jelly half a syn.

Drinks: fruit teas, water, hot choc 2 syns with a splash of milk

TOTALS ~ 2.5 SYNS ~ 1 HEA + splash of SS milk ~ 2 HEBs

Last edited:
Yes I'm doing a Red day today - have had to check that I'm doing it right thro the day! Hope your day's going well.

Thanks - I remember a bit about red/green & found some stuff on the net - will keep looking to see if I can find everything I need.

I've enjoyed today's food - probably cos it's different 'rules'!

Hello there. Didn't in the end come home till Tuesday. Davina wanted me to pick children up from school. As I was staying went to see Mandy's house. (Davina's sister). Had a lovely chat then went to walk the dog together. Whoops I fell up a small step. Hurt my left knee quite badly, also landed on right arm. The last thing that hit the ground was my nose. Nose and knee still hurt and my body aches.
A lovely young lady saw me go down and came and pulled me up. She is a carer and says she does it all the time in her job.
Am at home resting now.
I had bettered sausage and chips from the chippy. I knew I would not feel like cooking.
Plan from Wednesday.
Apart from this I did have a really weekend away.

Last edited:
Today I am going to put my food on here as I go along.

Breakfast.
2 lean bacon rashers, 3 fried eggs and lots of baby tomatoes. Coffee Hea.
Lunch
Fish sticks, ketchup 1syn ex lite mayo 1 syn
Dinner
2 chicken drumsticks, 1 thigh. Lots little tomatoes.
Cider I think 12 syns.

Last edited:
Ah Doreen - sorry to read about your fall - it gives us a shock too doesn't it - you're doing the right thing to rest - you did well to manage to drive home - I hope you recover really quickly.

Miserable weather today :classic_frown: feeling a bit better so will catch up with jobs - would've liked to have sown some veg/salad/herb seeds but think it's too cold/windy - unless it improves later.

Will do some exercise though.

GREEN DAY

B: 2 egg omelette, an orange

L: Potato & leek soup - SF jelly half syn

D: trying this recipe today - thought you might like it Doreen?

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cheeseburger-quiche - the article's a bit longwinded but you can scroll down to the end of the page and get the recipe without all the chit chat!

I fancy it - so hope it works out. I'll have it with baked potato or chips and salad.

Quiche - 2 HEB for the meat, 2 HEA for the cheese.

Edit: the quiche was a real treat - had it with SW chips & salad - I think the way the recipe was written was a bit long-winded but it'll be easier next time - I'll definitely make it again - it made 4 good sized portions cos I had defrosted more mince than the recipe called for so I increased the other ingredients too.

Last edited:
Back