NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Right food for Sunday.

Scan bran Heb Muller and 2 bananas.

2 burgers 2syns. Boiled spuds and peas.

Chocolate bar 12.
1/2 can cider 4 syns.

18 syns. Naughty but I know I should not happen e bought the chocolate.

Another day tomorrow. 10 syns only.and the rest of the week

So we're all agreed on Tesco then!

Right food for Sunday.

Scan bran Heb Muller and 2 bananas.

2 burgers 2syns. Boiled spuds and peas.

Chocolate bar 12.
1/2 can cider 4 syns.

18 syns. Naughty but I know I should not happen e bought the chocolate.

Another day tomorrow. 10 syns only.and the rest of the week

Not too high on syns - we've both done a lot worse ;) a good idea to lower your syns till WI day.

Evening all. My food for Monday.

3 eggs scrambled with parmesan. 3 syns

5 scan bran heb, frozen berries and yogurt.

2 chicken thighs, swede/carrot mash. Cabbage, gravy 2 syns

Hea milk for coffees.

1 stick Kit Kat 2.5 syns

Total 7.1/2 syns.

I'll leave it there for today. Bad family day

How are you doing - you don't seem to have posted much in the last few days - I expect you're busy.

Lets just say neighbours who think they own your fence and tell you your new guttering is over your boundary. Got to sort it out tomorrow. :classic_mad:

I have to show them it's our fence and they have to take their trellis down from the top of it. :confused:

Oh blimey - aren't people a pain at times - we had a problem similar to that years ago - good luck with your cheeky neighbour who's obviously overstepped the mark!

Had a hair appointment at 9 am in Llandudno (about 15 mins from home) :classic_err_what: then had a look around the shops - bought a short sleeve M & S t shirt in very good condition from a charity shop then bought 2 from M&S itself - wd you believe the shop ones were only £3 more expensive and they are long sleeves - but when I tried them on at home - the new ones were too long in the body - they reached my backside so they'll have to go back! I don't like shopping and haven't spent as long as that since Xmas shopping but quite enjoyed it today - the weather helped I think.

Then browsed around - lots of nice summery stuff and saw some nice things for the bathroom but didn't buy anything.

Then did a food shop - realised I hadn't eaten since b'fast ( 2 rashers bacon & mushrooms) so just had some fruit - WI day looming and altho I've had 6 on plan days - last WI day I had that major binge :classic_eek: main meal was leftover beef casserole made with onion & carrots, also had cauli, broccoli & asparagus (reduced to 50p!) then I made some SW flapjacks and had half of one of them - a whole one is an HEB and 1 syn - very nice but need to put more sweetener in next time!

Then cleaned the kitchen - so I'm shattered now.

Drinks: a litre of water, 1 coffee part HEA, low cal drink choc 2 syns
No 'formal' exercise but I walked miles around Llandudno for a few hours - so hope that burnt a few calories off!

Last edited:
I go to tesco,Sainsburys,asda,morrisons,b&m,Home bargains. Only go in Iceland,aldi and lidl once maybe twice a year.

Gosh you go to lots of shops - do you like shopping? Home Bargains & B&M can be good for bargains. Don't you like Lidl and Aldi?

Ah Doreen - I've just read your post - sorry to read about your bad family day - can be v upsetting so I hope it's resolved v soon.

You did well to keep control of your food - so well done - sending hugs xx

Tuesday 25 April

For the week I'll make a an SW carrot cake from an online recipe I fancied - the whole cake is 13.5 syns - I'll also have a chopped banana and some sweetened quark with some lemon juice it - surely even I can't eat the whole cake :classic_eek:- if Phil likes it he'll help me out! Will let you know how it tastes x syns will depend on how much I have of course!

As we have 105 syns for the week and I mostly keep to 10 a day (because I usually go nuts of WI day!) so I'll allow myself a max of 45 syns for Tuesday ......... let's see how I go but I am getting fed up with myself messing about and I can't get into lots of my clothes so that's a pain too and I'm not buying any more!

I lost 2.5lbs today so I was pleased.

Brunch: bacon, cheese HEA + 3 syns sarnie HEB & 6 syns - tomato sauce 1 syn
2 SW flapjacks - each one is an HEB plus half a syn but I've had my HEB earlier so recipe says that'll be 13 syns = subtotal 23
D: SW chips with bacon, cheese & onion 9 syns, SF jelly half syn, skyr sprinkled with 7.5 g drink choc 1 syn = 33.5
Drinks: fruit teas, water, low cal drink choc 4 syns
Total so far: 37.5 syns

NOTE TO ME!
105 syns for the week will allow myself a max of 45 syns for Tuesday ......... let's see how I go but I am getting fed up with myself messing about and I can't get into lots of my clothes so that's a pain too and I'm not buying any more!

Weds: Make a SW carrot cake from an online recipe I fancied - the whole cake is 13.5 syns - I'll also have a chopped banana and some sweetened quark with some lemon juice it - surely even I can't eat the whole cake in one :classic_eek:- if Phil likes it he'll help me out!

Last edited:
Well done on the 2.5 off. Now on to the next weeks loss.:)

I do not like shopping but I live near a Sainsburys and a Morrisons so I pop in there mostly. When I go to town I pop into Tesco and Asda.:classic_smile:

Got my guttering on our boundary sorted. Showed them the plans from land registry. :classic_smile:

Well done on your loss Linda x. Good idea to have a total for weigh day.

My not so good food for Tuesday.

B. 2 bacon, 2eggs mushrooms.
Coffee Hea

L. Two rolls 16syns, ham, grapes?

D. Two chicken thighs. Mushrooms and onion mixed with a pkt long grain rice 2.1/2 ?

Frozen berries ,0% Greek yogurt.

Total 18.1/2 syns

Sort of plan for Wednesday.

B. Bacon eggs mushrooms. Coffees hea
L. Scan bran cake. Heb
D.5% mince, frozen mixed veg, onion, Tom puree, herbs. Spaghetti Bolognese?
Last scrapings of parmesan cheese. 2?

Plan also is to go and see if I can find any clothes in the charity shops.

I have about 5-6 tops left, 3 pairs trousers. That's about it.

I have in my boot a bag of clothes to take to my sister at the weekend. The reason I am doing this is because :-

She has had a gastric bypass and she is of course losing weight. She has friends who have had op too and some just dieting, they put the clothes they don't need together and take what they need. When finished put back washed and ironed for someone else.

That clothes 'borrow' is a very good idea @Nanny Doreen . It can be very costly going down in sizes.
I'm off charity shopping this morning. I need some 'new' trousers for work and as I only clean I don't want to buy new as I usually end up with bleach stains in them.

Cold this morning. I have 4 layers of clothes on. I refuse to put heating on this time of year.

Well done on the 2.5 off. Now on to the next weeks loss.:)

I do not like shopping but I live near a Sainsburys and a Morrisons so I pop in there mostly. When I go to town I pop into Tesco and Asda.:classic_smile:

Got my guttering on our boundary sorted. Showed them the plans from land registry. :classic_smile:

Thanks - glad you got your boundary problem sorted but what a hassle before that!

Oh you're like me then - not a shopper - I do pretty much all my shopping online if Aldi only was set up for it ;)

Well done on your loss Linda x. Good idea to have a total for weigh day.

My not so good food for Tuesday.

B. 2 bacon, 2eggs mushrooms.
Coffee Hea

L. Two rolls 16syns, ham, grapes?

D. Two chicken thighs. Mushrooms and onion mixed with a pkt long grain rice 2.1/2 ?

Frozen berries ,0% Greek yogurt.

Total 18.1/2 syns

Not a bad day - damn bread - it's so addictive :classic_roll_eyes: the rest was a perfect SW day! Hope today's better for you (and me!) x

Cool & windy here today but I did walk along the prom this morning for 30 mins - pity I would have liked to do some gardening but will do some boring house stuff instead.

Brunch: broccoli and cheese HEA soup and an apple & a satsuma, sugar free jelly half a syn with free skyr
D: I bought some sausage for a casserole but they were 6 syns each and I planned on having 3 :( so instead I'm having 3 Linda McCartney veggie red pepper & chorizo sausages 1.5 syn for the 3 - v tasty! Bought them for Poppy but she doesn't like them! Found some kale and broccoli from the garden - thought i'd all gone! Then carrots, parsnip, peppers. More skyr and strawbs.
Drinks: fruit teas, 1 coffee 1 syn, water
Snack: banana

NOTE TO ME!
105 syns for the week will allow myself a max of 45 syns for Tuesday ......... let's see how I go but I am getting fed up with myself messing about and I can't get into lots of my clothes so that's a pain too and I'm not buying any more!

Thurs: Make a SW carrot cake from an online recipe I fancied - the whole cake is 13.5 syns - I'll also have a chopped banana and some sweetened quark with some lemon juice it - surely even I can't eat the whole cake in one :classic_eek:- if Phil likes it he'll help me out!

Ooh, cake is s red zone for me. Make sure Phil has some 😁.
What a shock, 6 syns for a sausage. Good of you to change to Linda McCartney's.

I keep thinking about sausage casserole. I have a smaller dish now so may try that after the weekend away.
Your food looks good. Here is mine though not eaten dinner yet.

Grapes sitting outside the cafe and coffee hea
At home 3 scan bran, frozen berries and a Muller. Sweetener 2 syns
Dinner will be
Chicken thighs. I am going to boil some rice and will fry up some onion and mushrooms to mix in the rice.
I enjoyed yesterday even though no pkt rice today. I have some mixed veg in freezer may well pick out the bits I like for speed.

One more day before weigh in. Pm today I was the same. That may be a good sign as I had eaten.

Last edited:
Back