NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yes you're right Mary - I used to regularly lose 1.5 or 2 pounds a week but in the last few months (even on good weeks) I'm regularly losing less, staying the same or gaining even when I've had a reasonable week.

My shape is changing too - I'm pear shaped and my hip bones will never shrink but my for-years-full-bottom isn't so full but my usually-flattish-tum is now rounder because I exercise the muscles are fairly firm but just under the skin there's now a layer of fat - is this middle age spread I wonder? If so it's a bit late at 64 - can't see me living to 128!!

As you may have seen in one of my earlier posts - I think I need to reduce the amount I eat - even on SW free foods - so will start that this 2moro.

Anyway onwards and upwards - it's not all bad - I can now wear my size 14 M&S jeans ( ok - I know they're more generous than some brands :classic_wink: ) and yesterday wore them with a size 10 M&S top so I was pleased with that.

Well done Linda. I have sent you a reply to your message x

For anyone else my knee is still pretty painful. But it has improved a bit. No walking stick now. No diet either. But that is another story.

Take care all x

Good to see you posting Doreen!! x

Yes you're right Mary - I used to regularly lose 1.5 or 2 pounds a week but in the last few months (even on good weeks) I'm regularly losing less, staying the same or gaining even when I've had a reasonable week.

My shape is changing too - I'm pear shaped and my hip bones will never shrink but my for-years-full-bottom isn't so full but my usually-flattish-tum is now rounder because I exercise the muscles are fairly firm but just under the skin there's now a layer of fat - is this middle age spread I wonder? If so it's a bit late at 64 - can't see me living to 128!!

As you may have seen in one of my earlier posts - I think I need to reduce the amount I eat - even on SW free foods - so will start that this 2moro.

Anyway onwards and upwards - it's not all bad - I can now wear my size 14 M&S jeans ( ok - I know they're more generous than some brands :classic_wink: ) and yesterday wore them with a size 10 M&S top so I was pleased with that.
Well done on size 14jeans and size 10 top👏👏👏

Well done Linda. I have sent you a reply to your message x

For anyone else my knee is still pretty painful. But it has improved a bit. No walking stick now. No diet either. But that is another story.

Take care all x
Sorry to hear your knee is still painful Doreen...and it’s good news that you are making progress.

Hoping Doreen's in less pain? Good luck 2moro if you're able to get to class.

Hee Hee = I find that different brands vary in size - I bought some size 14 M&S trousers today and they fit but I was wearing Asda size 16 and I usually find them generous!

Went to Prestatyn today to meet my sister who lives in Chester - we had a lovely day together - she's also on SW so we had an on plan lunch :) We also went for a 30 min walk.

B: banana and a piece of ham - wasn't hungry
L: baked potato, cheese - asked for a small amount - hopefully an HEB, salad
D: lean lamb casserole - lots of speed veg, yog and berries
Snack: banana
Drinks: fruit teas, diet coke, water, 2 coffees 2 syns?

Well done on size 14jeans and size 10 top👏👏👏

Thanks - I shd have said I'm also wearing size 16 jeans too and size 12 tops - different brands vary don't they?

Thanks. It was only a little, but wanted to sponsor you. Good luck xxx

Whether it was a penny or a pound, it's a donation and I'm very grateful for it. Thank you. I have actually completed it now xx

Hope all's well Doreen?

Went shopping today for silly bits like bar tender's friend - it's the only thing that gets my white sink in the kitchen clean - handy for other stuff but not many places stock it - the 'treated' myself to a long handled duster thingy - go me - you'd think I was keen on housework :worthy: couldn't be further from the truth.

Then a contact lens check - about to pick my granddaughter from school now - go me - what a thrilling life I lead :rotflmao:

Brunch: omelette, bacon, brown sauce 2 syns, cucumber and celery - bit ranadom! ff yog
D: lamb curry - spivved it up - yesterday's casserole wasn't v tasty!
Drinks: fruit teas, diet coke, water, low cal drink choc 2 syns
Walked for 30 mins

Hee Hee - the only thing is those pesky spiders will make more webs just keep me busy!

Last edited:
Weather's not as good here today - feels cooler and breezy - don't fancy a long session in the garden - the seeds would be all over the place! I formally joined Soropotomists last night (a women's volunteering organisation who support women and children in need) I've been a few times to check it out and enjoy - I've started to get involved in a couple of projects so decided to commit! They meet every fortnight but there's no pressure to attend every time or to volunteer for anything - which suits me.

Think it'll be a sorting paperwork day (it's piling up!), do some exercise and not much else!

B: egg and bacon, brown sauce 1 syn, satsuma
L: carrot and celery soup
D: lamb curry and lots of veg, ff yog
Snack: cheese and bit of salad - really fancy that - bit random but on plan
Drinks: as I type the same everyday not going list this in future unless they contain syns - 2 syns ss milk in coffee

Hi all. I did go to weigh in and gained 4lb.
Weather not too good here either Linda. Not cold but the clouds look like they have rain in them.

I have a plan for today. Must get back to it now I can get round a bit better.

B. Coffee banana..

L. Scan bran cake. (Only have enough scan bran for 4 days 😑) a few grapes

D. Chicken bits and pieces. Cabbage cauli (I do remember those) boiled spud with carrot. Gravy 3 syns
A few more grapes.

Most likely some cider. 8 syns. Must check.

Well done for joining upndown. That sounds like a brilliant use of time and skills.

Doreen, don't beat yourself up. Antibiotics do funny things to me when I'm on them. I'm sure following your plan those 4lbs will quickly come off again

Glad you were able to get to class - you'll get that 4lbs off v soon - think we all find it does if we get back to the plan straight away and your plan for the day looks ultra good!!

Thanks Franimal - I'm enjoying being a Soroptomist!

Phil's Mum who's 88 and in poor health - was rushed into hospital last night and is seriously ill. So my mind's not really on the diet but mustn't go bonkers.

Had the usual omelette for b'fast
just fancied a cheese and onion salad for lunch, low cal dressing 1 syn
dinner - the last of the lamb curry (thank goodness!) yogurt an fruit
will have usual drinks inc low cal drink choc 2syns

Hopefully not much more - will tidy the garden and sow some veggies if I get a chance!

Hi all. I did go to weigh in and gained 4lb.
Weather not too good here either Linda. Not cold but the clouds look like they have rain in them.

I have a plan for today. Must get back to it now I can get round a bit better.

B. Coffee banana..

L. Scan bran cake. (Only have enough scan bran for 4 days 😑) a few grapes

D. Chicken bits and pieces. Cabbage cauli (I do remember those) boiled spud with carrot. Gravy 3 syns
A few more grapes.

Most likely some cider. 8 syns. Must check.

EDIT
L. Coffee, banana, grapes
D. As above but 4syns for gravy
Later pkt rice egg fried 2syns
Mullerlight
Cider. 8 syns
Total. 14 syns

Last edited:
Went to town to bank then went to visit older brother Richard.
We had such a long chin wag about days gone by. He is such good company.
He is doing well since the death of his wife, I am so proud of him.

We had lunch together, he had scrambled eggs and kippers ugh!
I had ham sarni. Then I tasted his kipper, it was lovely. I will be buying some.
We both resisted the biscuits that have been in the cupboard for some time. Good eh?

So plan for Saturday.

B. Coffee Hea
L. Ham, 2 slices of wholemeal bread, heb + 6 syns
D. Burgers 2 syns. Peppers, mushrooms, baby toms, SW chips.

6 syns so far so I could have my breakfast later. Scan bran cake 5 syns

So maybe 11 syns

Back