nasty comment

the worst thing i ever had was when i took my sister to alton towers with my hubby and brother.
sister was 14 at the time and we we queuing to go on nemesis and had been queuing for at least an hour when she said she needed the toilet.
i wasnt too bothered about going on the ride so i said i would go with her.
we made our way back through the lengthy winding queue of people , saying ' excuse me, excuse me' as we edged our way out.
suddenly a man (who was standing with wha appeared to be his family and children) yelled out ' omg, fat chick didnt fit in the seat'
im sure many people were disgusted but all i could hear was the thunderous laughter of the people he was with.
i was horrified and felt so bad for my sister too.
i have real issues with my appearance (not that i ever go out anyway) and am very uncomfortable in public. i obviously have not been on another fair ride since that incident and would be happier if i never had to be seen by anyone i dont know.
if only these people knew the damage their tongues cause. :(

cheryl there you are ! ive been looking for you how are you getting on?

some people are so mean...oh wat it would be like like 2 be as perfect as they obviously are

cheryl there you are ! ive been looking for you how are you getting on?

hiya night :D.
not doing as well as i'd hoped so far. lost 7lb last week and then 2lbs this week.
coulda done better but 16 year old son recently started his first year on a catering and hospitality college course (he wants to be the next jamie oliver) and every monday he brings he does baking and brings the goodies home.
first week we got cream vanilla horns and last week we got spicy worcester sausage rolls.
he was soooo proud..... how could i say 'no' when he really want me to be impressed :sigh:
how are things going with u hun?

Hi all

I remember being caught up in a bit of an argument some years back with a guy over a parking space. We had both gone for it at the same time and he was just so rude I would not back down - if he had asked me nicely I would have moved. Anyway, he was in the chemist where I was going and I told him that there was no need to be rude, at which point he just told me to 'eff off you fat cow' - my response was to say 'I might be fat, but I can lose my weight while you will always be ugly!'. This embarassed him more than me and earned me a round of applause in the shop.

I hate it when people say mean things to people, whether it is because they are fat or anything else really. No need to be rude at all is there - we all have our crosses to bear, even skinny minnies - tho' I know it probably doesn't feel like it to those of us who struggle with our weight.

hi christina,
just noticed that ur in stockport. what area are u in. im in stockport also.
im in Brinnington.

Hi Cheryl

I'm in Hazel Grove. Not that far from you as the crow flies. I used to live in Brinny when I was younger - in the flats behind the shops on the main road - Exeter Road, opposite the police station that is no longer there. I don't think the flats are either any more. Whereabouts in Brinny are you?

Hi Cheryl

I'm in Hazel Grove. Not that far from you as the crow flies. I used to live in Brinny when I was younger - in the flats behind the shops on the main road - Exeter Road, opposite the police station that is no longer there. I don't think the flats are either any more. Whereabouts in Brinny are you?

hi christina,
im near the cheshire cat pub. the top shops area has changed dramatically recently.
my dad lives in Hazel Grove not far from windsors shoes and iceland :D.
nice to find someone here that is so close to me :)

Oh god. I have to put up with the lads saying that about so many people day in day out. One day when im thin i am going to tell them where to shove it!!!!!!! x

What about when someones saying a joke or something about fat people to you and they say sorry no offence!How bloody rude is that!

Oh my god, that is the worst thing! I hate that so much! Someone at my work does it loads. I remember her telling me that she had just been singing my praises to someone and that I was "worth my weight in gold" as the old saying goes, well with that, she turned around and said "oh, I didn't mean it like that, it's just a saying" - I was there thinking "right up until you said that I thought nothing of it as I was just thinking how nice of you to sing my praises - I took it as a saying and diddn't even consider the "weight" part of it"

Arghhh! I have had the "no offence" thing so much and right up until the "no offence" I hadn't taken offence! lol!

hi christina,
im near the cheshire cat pub. the top shops area has changed dramatically recently.
my dad lives in Hazel Grove not far from windsors shoes and iceland :D.
nice to find someone here that is so close to me :)

Ah, I know the Cheshire Cat well. My sister used to live near there in days gone by - in fact both sisters have lived at up there at one time or another.

I was very young when I lived on Exeter Road - just 20 and a single parent - it was typically the place where the Council shoved single parents at that time. I have to admit that I hated it, it was so lonely and at that time we were going through the 3 day week and the power cuts, so no money, no telly half the time and it was black and white when I did have it (plus we only had 3 tv stations and there was hardly anything on telly back then) and no lights - we used candles and paraffin lamps. Oh and I forgot, no mobile phones back then, or house phone either cos I was too poor, so once the front door was shut and the little one was in bed that was it - basically in prison till the next morning. Ah, the good old days - don't think so. I stayed for 3 years and then the local Council officer took pity on me and let me have a new 2 bedroom house that was built just over the main road from my mum's house off Bramhall Lane in Davenport. I loved that house so much.

As you know I am now in HG, though I live further up than Windsors, though Iceland is no longer there - it's now an M&S food shop. Not good for me as it is just far too easy to go in there and buy something nice. They are in the process of converting the old Kwik Save next door into an Aldi, which will be good as I will pop in there for veg rather than M&S, which will save me money and probably calories (when I am eating normally of course).

I've just read back my bit about the old days up above and laughed to myself cos I almost went into 'the kids these days' speech :D.

Phew that was a long one wasn't it. Bye for now. :)

I went to the toilet today and there was a big queue, in one of the stalls a big woman was holding her son on the toilet, she had the door open and everyone had a good view of her derrier.
the woman next to me in the queue nudged me and pointed at the girl and said " look at the size of that, what a f***ing view" and quite a few women in the queue started laughing.
i was absolutly disgusted, i was this size a few months ago, and so many times heard people laughing, then being paranoid that there laughing at the "fatty" me, when they probablly were.
i`m not sure whether all women are like this towards fat people, as i`ve always been big until now, or this was just 1 horrible person. no one stood up for the girl including me.
felt so sorry for her, but just glad she never heard it.

I think that's so sad and if she didn't hear, I'm sure she thought they were laughing at her regardless(out of habit or self esteem issues).

I don't think I'd have been able to keep quiet and would have said something back to her. Nothing is as ugly as her comment.

Back