natalies diary -advice as needed

natalieann

Silver Member
hey all so

day 1- breakfast-full engilsh no toast or beans, just meat, eggs and toms......dinner- tin of tuna with some mayo, was busy-----------teatime, 4 small chicken legs with mint

deffo went over 20 grams of carbs i think as had milk in drinks

day 2-brekki- nothing was too busy
dinner-omelette, with 4 eggs, 4 cherry toms, two mushrooms, 2 slices bacon, small onion and a teaspoon of full fat mayo

teatime- made may own burgers, with mince and 1 half onion, fried with 2 mushrooms, 2 eggs. made a sauce with full fat double cream, paprika,chilli powder, cheese, and herbs, pored over food and was yummy

unsre how im doing, and if ive gone over as i didnt count it all, i wil ha to start to do it

Hi Natalie. Tomatoes aren't induction friendly and watch your onions, maybe switch to spring onions? But where are your greens? Jim will be shaking his veg stick at you lol.

Hi Natalie. Tomatoes aren't induction friendly and watch your onions, maybe switch to spring onions? But where are your greens? Jim will be shaking his veg stick at you lol.

oh right ok ill cut them out then, and yeah i need to buy some veg, after buying all my met and things i was too skint for veg hehe

Hi Natalie, welcome to the diaries. Re the veg if you have a market near you that you can get to through the day the veg tend to work out cheaper than in supermarkets. I would just second what Lisa said about the toms and onions. I do still use a little bit of onion but I only buy one a week and use a tiny sliver in mince for flavouring you actually don't need that much for the flavour, but other wise I use the spring onions too, alot fewer carbs in them.
Have you got the book? If not I would invest in that. And also if you are unsure of carb counts try an online carb counter or site like my fitness pal where you can put what you want to eat in and it will calculate the carbs for you.They are free online. You will learn the carb content of your favourite foods soon enough so that you can tot them up easily enough for an idea of what you are eating. But other than the toms and onions things looked fine. But I would try to learn to count carbs otherwise either a carb creep might happen or you may actually restrict yourself too far and feel really deprived which is a killer on any diet. Good luck x

Hi natalie, welcome:D

Ditto what coke said - there's plenty of variety and great recipes so enjoy!

Hi Natalie, welcome to the diaries. Re the veg if you have a market near you that you can get to through the day the veg tend to work out cheaper than in supermarkets. I would just second what Lisa said about the toms and onions. I do still use a little bit of onion but I only buy one a week and use a tiny sliver in mince for flavouring you actually don't need that much for the flavour, but other wise I use the spring onions too, alot fewer carbs in them.
Have you got the book? If not I would invest in that. And also if you are unsure of carb counts try an online carb counter or site like my fitness pal where you can put what you want to eat in and it will calculate the carbs for you.They are free online. You will learn the carb content of your favourite foods soon enough so that you can tot them up easily enough for an idea of what you are eating. But other than the toms and onions things looked fine. But I would try to learn to count carbs otherwise either a carb creep might happen or you may actually restrict yourself too far and feel really deprived which is a killer on any diet. Good luck x

thak you so much love, really help, i dont ahve a market close enough not have to spend busfares there and back, i only have the local co op and its expensive, i find if i do go to the market and get lots of veg it goes off so fast and its wasted, it there any veg i cant freeze? and im gona deffo try this carb counter sounds ideal for me:D

today as of now all ive eaten i a pack of chicken fridge raiders, ive been shopping and that all could get hold of but checked carbs first and its low

Welcome Natalie Ann - I would avoid frozen veg if you can, green leafy fresh veg will help you lose and keep you regular :)

Last edited:
Hi again Natalie. Co ops are always so expensive, those and the Spar shops. What about any farm shops or community projects? They might be around you may just not know about them. There is a place I used to work at, a training centre for people with learning disabilities and they grow veg as well as plants. Great fresh veg, picked that morning and the takings go to dividends for the trainees. There are a few in this area so may well run across other councils across the country. There are also some veg box schemes on the internet, some of which drop off to community centre rather than charge high rates for deliveries, then there's the possibility of doing your weekly shopping online anyway so getting all of your veg with your other produce from one of the bigger supermarkets if they deliver in your area. Con there is the delivery charge and minimum spend, and then there is the fact that you can't pick your use by dates off the shelf hence the prob of going off quick. Like my salad I always go for the longest date at the bottom of the box in asda. Hopefully you can find a solution for you. I must admit I do have a bag of frozen cauli and broccoli in the freezer as they are both low carb and checked that they weren't glazed in anything sugary. But everything else, and broc and caul I get fresh where I can and keep the frozen for emergencies.

Try to eat regularly as well, not eating for long periods can actually stall you. This happened to me when I had a very busy few days and was only eating once a day. Yum to the fridge raiders, I love them. I think they are mainly chicken aren't they so should be fine on induction. Hope things are going well and you've ate more than Fridge raiders today! x

Hi again Natalie. Co ops are always so expensive, those and the Spar shops. What about any farm shops or community projects? They might be around you may just not know about them. There is a place I used to work at, a training centre for people with learning disabilities and they grow veg as well as plants. Great fresh veg, picked that morning and the takings go to dividends for the trainees. There are a few in this area so may well run across other councils across the country. There are also some veg box schemes on the internet, some of which drop off to community centre rather than charge high rates for deliveries, then there's the possibility of doing your weekly shopping online anyway so getting all of your veg with your other produce from one of the bigger supermarkets if they deliver in your area. Con there is the delivery charge and minimum spend, and then there is the fact that you can't pick your use by dates off the shelf hence the prob of going off quick. Like my salad I always go for the longest date at the bottom of the box in asda. Hopefully you can find a solution for you. I must admit I do have a bag of frozen cauli and broccoli in the freezer as they are both low carb and checked that they weren't glazed in anything sugary. But everything else, and broc and caul I get fresh where I can and keep the frozen for emergencies.

Try to eat regularly as well, not eating for long periods can actually stall you. This happened to me when I had a very busy few days and was only eating once a day. Yum to the fridge raiders, I love them. I think they are mainly chicken aren't they so should be fine on induction. Hope things are going well and you've ate more than Fridge raiders today! x

hey hun great advice ill check around, and yeah i do feel headacey today with missing meals, just had 3 small lamb chops, mushrooms and egg for tea

The headaches may be part of ketosis, so watch out for other symptoms, but yeah to keep your body going into ketosis you need to eat the right things regularly. Glad you had the chops. Add the leafy veg as soon as you can to keep you "regular", keep drinking the water and you'll be flying.

Have a lovely Sunday. Weather is great up here x

The headaches may be part of ketosis, so watch out for other symptoms, but yeah to keep your body going into ketosis you need to eat the right things regularly. Glad you had the chops. Add the leafy veg as soon as you can to keep you "regular", keep drinking the water and you'll be flying.

Have a lovely Sunday. Weather is great up here x

hey hun dunno why but feel really sick this morning, ended up with a massive cold for some reason overnight, ill look out for the other signs of ketosis, im used to doing that with lipotrim, i think i was coz i didnt eat much always get headache when i do that, and yes weather amazing here today gona go and have a pub lunch with my son and boyfriend, unsure what to order lol, but ill make sue its atkins friendly and ask for lots of veg, gorgeous day, been out side for 10 mins and gone red already lol

Enjoy x

ok guys messed up big time today, i ended up going so long without any food i got that hot in the sun i had to just eat anything, ended up grabbing a sandwich and sausage roll as i was ready to faint in the heat

my plan was to go for a pub lunch and order a steak with veg or something, anyway things came up and it got later and later, after id picked my son up from my mums and done everything else, i was shaking, felt so sick and just had to eat, just went in and had the food....

anyway after that i felt normal and went to asda and stocked up on veg for rest of week, got broccoli, cauliflower, spring onions, leafy green lettuce bag and some diced swede- unsure if i can have the swede?

so heres to another day tomorrow being 100percent, id already lost 3lbs since thursday so i dont want to upset myself so im gona stay off them until my week is over on thursday

Listen hun it happens, and sounds like you hadn't been eating enough anyway! Bad Natalie :) Don't skimp on meals, hun.

Not sure about the swede, I thought they were pretty carby?

Listen hun it happens, and sounds like you hadn't been eating enough anyway! Bad Natalie :) Don't skimp on meals, hun.

Not sure about the swede, I thought they were pretty carby?

well ill freeze the swede until another time then just in case, and i know where i always go wrong on eating diets, i forget or am too busy to eat and then when it hits me i eat everything in sight, so im going to try and eat 4 small daily meals rather then the two bigger ones

Or go for the standard three meals? :)

after doing lipotrim love i cant seem to have 3 full meals without feeling really stuffed and sick, so i was thinking like 4 small meals to keep the energy going , that why ive mostly only ben able to have two meals a day

Four little ones, 2 reasonable and two snacks - just eat regularly and you should be fine. I also try to alternate things so eg love my bacon and eggs for brekkie but then love big salad for lunch. Even my snacks i try to alternate crunchy (pork crackling) vs chewy flavour ie pepperami

Have fun:)

Four little ones, 2 reasonable and two snacks - just eat regularly and you should be fine. I also try to alternate things so eg love my bacon and eggs for brekkie but then love big salad for lunch. Even my snacks i try to alternate crunchy (pork crackling) vs chewy flavour ie pepperami

Have fun:)

great idea hun, can you have pepperami? i love them yum

Back