Natalie's Road to Food Addict Recovery!!

good idea , having 4 , better than suffering ... unsure about the weight loss , is there much difference do you think ? may hav eto do this some days myself

Its 550 cals per day on 4 shakes as opposed to 415 on 3 shakes...so over a week if I average 4 shakes 4 days and 3 shakes 3 days its an extra 550 cals/week.

Well I'm so pleased with myself....I had a SS only day yesterday!! Woohoooo!!! :D

I had 2 cups of Bovril in the evening as a treat, but they have no carbs or cals, jsut salt so I need to up my water to compensate. But its a breakthrough at least!! ;)

Bovril I will have to see how your weight goes might have a go myself as I have that in the cupboard . Might do 4 shakes ... last night was a let down badly ... as I ate evening time arrrrrrrrrr .
But today back to wanting to be good with weight loss having 4 a day I wonder how my losses will be .? any ideas hav eyou tried it before ?
How is your day going ?

I don't think it makes much difference....

3 shakes = 415 cals x 7 = 2905 cals/week
4 shakes = 554 cals x 7 = 3878 cals/week

Then it depends on how many base calories you need per day - lets say 2000

2000 x 7 = 14000 cals/week needed.
Also 1lb of fat = 3300 cals

3 shakes a day the weekly difference =
14000-2905 = 11095 cals/3300 = 3.36lbs
4 shakes a day the weekly difference = 14000-3878 = 10122 cals/3300 = 3.06lbs

Thus:
3 shakes = 3.36lbs/week loss
4 shakes = 3.06lbs/week loss

Over the course of a month it would only amount to about a lb difference between the two.

Thanks for that Natalie
think i'm going to need to do this as I struggle , and maybe split the extra one up , see what happens .
I mean I am fed up with black coffee and maybe use the exta one sometimes as a drink hot ....
Keeping busy is the key .
How is your day going Natalie

Hiya!

Keeping busy is definitely the key, but at the same time doing what is right for you. I would rather lose the weight on 4 shakes and keep at it, than 3 shakes and break it. My CDC told me she had a client who kept to SS religiously BUT always had a handful of cashew nuts as her daily treat....it was the only way she could get through it. Me, I'll take Bovril as my treat if it gets me through it...don't mind if I don't lose that extra lb per week/month.

We'll do it hun, together we'll do it!!!!

Day 3 on SS for me...another successful day yesterday and only one bowl of bovril last night, but 3 shakes instead of 4.

Definitely in ketosis this morning...bright pink pee-stick...lol

I'm one shake down so far and need to start my water intake...

DH let slip last night he is taking me for lunch on Sunday for Valentine's. Not going to miss this opportunity for a quiet lunch with hubby....but have already told him, no wine and I stick to a no/low carb meal with NO dessert!!!!

I'm looking forward to this, so am promising myself to be very good for the rest of the week to allow myself this treat!! Fingers crossed I don't kick myself out of ketotis for too long because of it!! :p

Hi Natalie
Well done on K !
Sunday lunch should be nice . I guess just have a fun time and go with what ever you do .
so when the woman had nuts , did she still get a good loss , I can guess she did cos she would have stopped it .
Well for me had a long walk today and back on CD , thinking I so could of had lunch out as OH is off , but he said no , :-( as he said i'm not paying that cambridge diet out for you to do this .
Just asw ell I guess as i had two days out of the diet . and trying to loss what I lost which is 4 pounds so easy to gain .
So your down to one cup of brovil , yes your right if it takes a little longer its better than breaking it totaly .
how are you going today ?

Doing good hunnie, just about to leave work and then home for my bovril....had 3 shakes already today so the bovril might stop me having a fourth!

keep strong!! sending you SS vibes!! :vibes:

My CDC told me she had a client who kept to SS religiously BUT always had a handful of cashew nuts as her daily treat

hey - dont remember that !!!!!!

anyways.....keep on keeping on hun... u r doing great !!!

Debz xx

hey - dont remember that !!!!!!

anyways.....keep on keeping on hun... u r doing great !!!

Debz xx

lol you did you said she had nuts or something either at the weekend or everynight...lol

I remember cause I thought well if she can have her treat I'll have me bovril...lol

Hi , well not been on much due to a cheat that went on a bit long ..... and today I am hoping to return ... lets see what happens .
Happy VD ... what are you doing today , is hubby still taking you out ?
Well i'll hope to be back to posting more and hoping to be back in the cd house and make up for a bad week

Today is my big treat day...yes off CD for today totally, but have already factored it in and won't have another treat until my birthday in 4 weeks time....I'm allowing myself 1 treat day per month with no restrictions!

Seeing my CDC in another 2 weeks and hoping to have another 1/2 stone off in that time...giving me 1 stone off in 3 weeks which would be very cool!!!

Back on the regime again tomorrow without fail! had a gorgeous meal with hubby with wine and dessert :)o) but as I knew it was coming up, I am NOT going to feel guilty about it...as long as tomorrow is back to basics again!

How's you hunnie? Did you get back onto CD again today?

Today is my big treat day...yes off CD for today totally, but have already factored it in and won't have another treat until my birthday in 4 weeks time....I'm allowing myself 1 treat day per month with no restrictions!

Seeing my CDC in another 2 weeks and hoping to have another 1/2 stone off in that time...giving me 1 stone off in 3 weeks which would be very cool!!!

Back on the regime again tomorrow without fail! had a gorgeous meal with hubby with wine and dessert :)o) but as I knew it was coming up, I am NOT going to feel guilty about it...as long as tomorrow is back to basics again!

How's you hunnie? Did you get back onto CD again today?

hey - hope you enjoyed your Valentines meal at the Castle !

BACK ON TRACK tomorrow missus ;)

will be checking up on ya !

Debz xx

Would you believe I am already back in ketosis!!!! So back on track and raring to go to lose my first stone by the time I get back to you Debz!!! :D

hi Natalie ...
As long as its working well for you , good idea to have a day break a month ... For me Not back on CD , was thinking hard on it today but I know I have to do it as to much time is slipping away , so I guess another headache comes my way ...
I am having a Jacket pot for dinner ... but need to think hard I have really to march the 13th to make some head way yes less than a month ... maybe I could get a stone off ?

My next target date is March 13th too....that's my birthday week and I want to get rid of a stone in that time too...why don't we work on it together....a mini challenge....both of us to lose a stone between today and March 13th!!

Hi girls I just read this post and thought you seemed very friendly. I started 810 on Sunday after having lost 2 stone last year then stupidly gaining it. i have a horrible headache and heartburn today but I guess that is normal. Last time I done 810 I still went into ketosis so maybe thats what is happening?

Hi Faith!! Nice to have you join my diary!!

Yes I've been suffering a little heartburn recently too...I'm flitting between SS and a wee bovril/mushroom/spinach soup some nights...still in ketosis however and hoping to stay there for the next 12 weeks.

I started CD last year too and went down to 12.5 stone and started this year again on 14st 11!!!!!!!

This time I am determined to get down to my goal weight before I start to reintroduce a lot of "real" food!

Hi yes i am the same(but hevier) I went down to 13 stone 13 the lightest I have been since having the children(I am 5 foot 10) and now I have restarted as a massive 15stone 10....erk!!

Back