Nats diary

Letter to me

When I did Lighterlife last year the counsellor asked us to write a letter to ourselves in our first week. Decided to put mine here - I haven't read this since last year and I balled my eyes out then so here goes:eek:

Dear Natalie
You started LL yesterday because your entire self-worth is tied up in your size and appearance. However flippant this sounds it is true. As you have got larger over the years the confidence you once had has gradually slipped away, leaving you as someone who craves the acceptance and approval of both family and friends, those who really love and care for you but also those that don't.
You feel like a failure who never succeeds in anything, is never able to complete a task. You still have a 'niggle' that you might fail in your LL plans because all your other plans have ultimately failed. Other people close to you will also have similar doubts. HOWEVER, your determination to succeed in this, the desperate nature of your NEED to be slim and the support and therapy offered by the group sessions are all evidence that your life will start to change from today.
Your goals for the future are to be slim (obviously) but also to work on your confidence and believe that others value your opinions - being the shrinking violet at the back of the room is a habit which will require some work to change.
You want to become a healthy role model for A,B & L particularly A(daughter). You want all of your children to have a strong positive sense of self and high self-esteem and also a healthy relationship with food, which since early teens you have not had yourself.
Your husband has supported you through good and bad times, has witnessed and known about morefailed plans than anyone else in your life. Yet still he supports you 100% in this plan both financially (which is very difficult) and emotionally, all of which proves just how much he loves and believes in you and also the depth of his understanding just how much you need to do this as a person.
You need to know that there may be times ahead when you will want to give up and go back to the security and ease of being fat and eating badly. However, security and ease are just perceived states - they are not really how you felt prior to starting this journey. You were unhappy with so much in your life that YOU made the decision to do this for YOURSELF, your family and all of your futures. Love yourself so that others might be able to do the same. X

So, parts of that are cringy to reread - 'love yourself' and 'I want to be a good role model for my kids' etc but they are still very valid points. Not sure why I decided to share this today. I just unloaded my woe on Mum. I mentioned starting CD again and she asked if that was a good idea - mainly because of falling ill last year - she also commented that when I did LL last year I was the happiest she'd seen me for a long while. I felt I needed to explain why I felt desperate to sort things out. I told her about being shouted at in the street, which I had only told my husband about. We shared a few tears and tissues then smiled at all the people sat around us in M&S cafe! Decision made, CD here I come.

I think I shall start today. Still not entirely decided! Scales read 14st 11.5 this am:eek: Got a family wedding 9th June so sooner started more lost for then. Thats 2.5 weeks away so starting today rather than friday means I get an extra couple of days.
Helping out at school all day today which should help the day pass more easily.

307945obgwficgec.jpg

just wanted ti wish you good luck for your 1st day
i`m sure you will do great
kaz :D

Just popped back from school to let the dog out and grab a pack. As I just drank it I was reminded of last summer doing LL and feeling very positive, so plan to remember that feeling for when the tummy rumbles start!

Off to new job in a mo...

and a bit nervous tbh. I'm really looking forward to it though! I did 1/2 day on SS yesterday and then reconsidered so will start tomorrow after spending the day in bed (hopefully!).

OK, last week was a false start and today I began again. I sat and watched my kids and in=laws eat a delicious lunch today whilst I had a shake and black coffee. Just had a chilli soup and am probably gonna have a butterscotch shake before work. I've been a bit worried about staying up 24 hours with only 3 packs in me but after talking to DH last night I realised that whenever I begin I will have a night to contend with. Better to do it on my first night and then have the weekend to recover than try to do it on day 2 or 3 when I feel like carp. I will take a bar with me in case I feel ill in the night but don't think I 'll need it.

The job is going great. The old folk are lovely (they all suffer with dementia to varying degrees) and I think I get the best bits of the day with them. They all look forward to going to bed and then they are all cheery in the morning when I take breakfast to them.

We are off to the Cotswolds this weekend to visit my Mum. We are taking our dog for the first time and I know he is gonna be manic with their puppy! Lots of walks will be in order me thinks:)

Back