Nats diary

End of Day 5 and all is well!

Thank goodness for that:D :D :D

Just have to get past tomorrow now:eek: Steve is going to work away from home mon to weds this week, which will be useful in so much as not having to prepare him an evening meal but maybe a little challenging in not having him there to cheer me on if the going gets tough:eek:

We went to the pictures with our 3 children plus one extra to see Flushed Away (very funny, enjoyed by all) - and I took my water and was content with that. Then went on to nephews birthday party and wasn't even tempted to look at the party food and cake:D Yey, big pat on the back for me.

Tried the cranberry bar today - interesting:rolleyes: . I am going to let it get to room temp before eating the rest to see if that makes a difference!

Well done for coping with the pictures. I can do that one now with a water bottle. I'm sure I was so bust with the film that I never noticed what I was shoving in my face in the past !

Birthday cake, yum, well done for resisting that too ! Yes big pat on the back indeed, be proud of yourself !

Day 6 and raring to go!

Thanks Mel, it's nice to know these things are 'survivable' isn't it?

I have completely lost my hunger now and am so full of energy I think my house will soon be spotless:D Steve is away from today so decided on an early night, once the kiddies are tucked up, and lots of reading and telly in bed.

My friend on LL is really struggling to get and stay back on track. I so want her to suceed and I know she does too but don't have the right words to help. I am aware that it has to come from within yourself but also I know that other peoples voices can be very influential in both a positive and negative way. She has done amazingly well so far and she is the reason I have come back to this crazy diet. I am so very very proud of her.

Thanks Mel, it's nice to know these things are 'survivable' isn't it?

I have completely lost my hunger now and am so full of energy I think my house will soon be spotless:D Steve is away from today so decided on an early night, once the kiddies are tucked up, and lots of reading and telly in bed.

My friend on LL is really struggling to get and stay back on track. I so want her to suceed and I know she does too but don't have the right words to help. I am aware that it has to come from within yourself but also I know that other peoples voices can be very influential in both a positive and negative way. She has done amazingly well so far and she is the reason I have come back to this crazy diet. I am so very very proud of her.

It's amazing how much you get done to keep your fingers out of the biscuit tin isn't it ?!:rolleyes: Like you I never seem to stop much these days, and if I stop then I am tapping away on this laptop! Reading too yes is great to get lost in, I love reading in bed, such a treat somehow

Yes it's a hard one with your friend. We all have to have our heads in the right place to do this and only we can get them there....everyone else can only support. I know my head was somehow in the right place when I started LL but for the life of me I can't explain it ....especially after serial failures on every other diet known to womankind ! But this time no cheating at all, I can't believe I am doing it !

Take care
Melissa x

Day 8, yahoooo!!!

Thanks for your reply Melissa, I will just carry on supporting her and hopefully her determination will come back soon.

Can't quite believe that I have got this far already. I have a very different attitude to it this time, feeling quite laid back about the whole thing. Thank Goodness!!

Oh, YUCK!!! Just taken PH as directed on bottle - heaped tbsp in glass of flavoured water. Bit grainy and very gelatinous (sp?) by the time I got to bottom but hopefully will sort things out:eek: . Not having shake today so didn't fancy them in my soup:p

Best get off to school now or will be late.

Weigh in day

I don't think today could get any worse. We are having quite a bad time financially and it's getting a bit much TBH. Haven't even thought about cheating but not sure if I can justify the expense of this diet. I know that I save the money I spend on my weekly shop (we are a family of 5) but also know that when needs be I can feed us from the cupboards and freezer for a couple of weeks. I feel so selfish thinking about this and even thinking about continuing CD but;

my husband wants me to continue

I really want to continue

I feel like I did when I did LL last year - quite chilled about it

I feel better/healthier already

I know how hard it is to get back on after a break and I'm already on Day 9

I'm fit and healthy enough to do this at the moment

Steve says I should continue and I definitely will this week - WI tonight:eek: but know in good conciensce (sp?) that this may have to change in the near future.

Enough moping - kids are home from school - lots of teachers from out of catchment meant school shut. They have had a ball playing in the snow this morning - had to keep bringing them in to ply them with hot chocolate and warm dry socks. Will update on here wi results later. Planning on wearing heavier clothes so might not be such good numbers as home but I will know why!

1st Weigh In

and I have lost 10lbs. This is for 9 days so a little more than I expected but I am very pleased.

Had more bad news today so am not continuing with CD. Sounding like a broken record so I'm just gonna go.:tear_drop::wave_cry:

Oh Nat, sorry to hear you can't carry on with CD ! After that fab weight loss as well. Is there no hope ? I suppose I am feeling that CD is good value after LL ! I am sure I would eat that much food to myself at supermarket prices if I wasn't CD'ing. Let me know how you are !

Hi Mel,

yes CD is so much more affordable than LL isn't it?

My friend on LL has very kindly offered me her supply of packs that she hasn't needed which will keep me going for a couple/few weeks. I am SO glad that I can carry on. I really felt my head was in the right place for this journey.

On day 2 now and already have lost 3.5 of the 6 I gained during my 4 days off!

So glad to hear that you are back on track. You can do this ! Agree that your head is in the right place wholeheartedly. I could see how dissappointed you were when you thought you had to give up.
Hugs
Melissa

I fell off the wagon yesterday lunchtime. :break_diet: I had some choc, crisps, lentil stew and then in the evening we made steak, garlic mushrooms onions and salad. So back to stage one - sticking to the diet for more than 2 days:eek:

I am determined not to beat myself up about this. My all or nothing thinking has taught me that I should just give up now, however, I know this is something I can overcome. I have woken today with renewed determination and I WILL DO THIS!!!

Meeting with CDC tonight. I've decided not to weigh as I had 5 days off this week. I seem to have got back to last weeks weight and maintained my week 1 loss, so rather than get despondent I would prefer to just wait until next thurs evening to weigh again.

Mini goal and final goal

I have probably put this down before but I have a mini goal of losing 2 stone (from start weight) by 31 March when friends and I go to London for the vitality show and to see Wicked. One of the friends is doing LL and lost 6 stone already and we both set this as a bit of a goal.

My final goal is to be 'at goal' whatever that is (having not been slim as an adult) before the family wedding in June.

Sorry to hear that the damn wagon is so hard to get back on to ! :( But you are right, all or nothing thinking doesn't help. Good to go to CD tonight, it will help you get back in the swing.

Setting goals is a great idea ! I must set myself a new one....no weddings or christenings or special birthdays or anything this year ! No excuse to dress up and party :sigh: Quite unusual. Will just have to look forward to a holiday sometime :)

Well and truly off-plan

Well, I started again on Thursday and did just great until appt with CDC . I had done 5 days off-plan (thinking I wasn't able to afford to continue) and two days on. I knew it wasn't going to be great but I hadn't massively binged atall. Just normal meals and very little appetite. I did however have wine a couple of times.

Anyway, the upshot was I gained a pound:mad: . My friend on 790 had eaten vast quantities of very naughty food for 7 days and STS:confused: .

I don't normally get into the comparing weight loss games as I know we all lose differently but I do wonder how much my last few restarts have messed with my metabolism (albeit temp) as I can gain a lot back (and I know a lot of this will be glycogen) in a very short space of time.

My friend said to me,"Are you upset about that - I would be if it was me". Not sure if friend ever made it to ketosis so maybe didn't need to regain her glycogen. She is a VERY good friend and I know her comment was not meant to send me off-course - she is the model of encouragement and support.

I haven't made it back on SS yet. I have decided to plan to do it the Monday after the school hols as I planned last time and didn't struggle at all. I do think part of the prob was going back to it immediately my friend said she could help out.
---------------------------------------------------------
Right, that's a line drawn under the failure of the past week. I WILL start this diet on 26 Feb. I will NOT feel guillty about taking this break.

No, the worst thing you can do is keep beating yourself up. You have made a decision of when to re-start and sound determined to stick to it.

Horrible to compare yourself to what has gone on for others too, but natural I know. Your friend may pile it on next week....it takes time to catch up for some people. But what it does show is how your body works and how it is likely to respond to eating etc. This will be valuable for when you start eating after you have lost your weight. You are right, we are all so different when it comes to weight loss or gain.

Concentrate on having a fun half term with the kids and I bet you will do so much running around that you won't put on any pounds ! Hope you have some nice things planned.

Thanks Melissa, your replies always help me put things into perspective:) .

Nat.
xx

Day 1 all over again

So here it is, my millionth restart:eek:

Melissa, thanks for asking, we had a great half term. We spent the last weekend in the Cotswolds with my Mum and her new puppy. The kids are all in love!!

I am feeling OK about SSing. I so want to get back to headplace I was in a couple of weeks ago.

I have had 1.5lt water so far (10.15am) and am saving my first pack for lunch. Already taken dog for a walk so planning to veg on my bed with a good book.

I wish I could wave a magic wand
bek040.gif
and my weight be gone but as that is never going to happen I need to GET ON WITH IT!!

So here it is, my millionth restart:eek:

Melissa, thanks for asking, we had a great half term. We spent the last weekend in the Cotswolds with my Mum and her new puppy. The kids are all in love!!

I am feeling OK about SSing. I so want to get back to headplace I was in a couple of weeks ago.

I have had 1.5lt water so far (10.15am) and am saving my first pack for lunch. Already taken dog for a walk so planning to veg on my bed with a good book.

I wish I could wave a magic wand
bek040.gif
and my weight be gone but as that is never going to happen I need to GET ON WITH IT!!

Good luck with the millioneth restart.....slight exagerration there I bet even if it feels like it!:D But even if you restart a million times its better than just giving up isn't it ?

Cotswolds and puppy dog sound lovely ! I used to live up by Stratford upon Avon and loved trips into Cotswold villages.

I have had a bit of a shopping spree this morning and am feeling a bit guilty but my eldest step-son said I looked slinky on Saturday in a jumper dress and I was so delighted to be called slinky that I went and got another one :eek: :) Of course it had to be one from Next because it was purple and yummy ! I mean couldn't I have found a cheaper one ?:rolleyes:

Wish I could supply that magic wand for you !!!

Back