Nats diary

Wish I could supply that magic wand for you !!!4 Days Ago 10:20 AM

So do I!!! You would be very rich woman:D

Starting AGAIN(!) tomorrow. I've just confirmed the DJ for my Nans 80th birthday party in August and definitely don't want to be fat for that. Also had some good news. Bit of a family rift between my mum and her brother and his family for many years. We may be getting invite to a surprise party they are throwing for my uncle, which could mean the start of the end to all the bad feeling. The party is in March and although won't have lost much it will be a good incentive to crack on.

Also have Wicked and the vitality show to look forward to the week after that. Eating what I fancy today, all the while I feel like starting straight away but realise this would just be a waste of packs.

Starting AGAIN(!) tomorrow. I've just confirmed the DJ for my Nans 80th birthday party in August and definitely don't want to be fat for that. Also had some good news. Bit of a family rift between my mum and her brother and his family for many years. We may be getting invite to a surprise party they are throwing for my uncle, which could mean the start of the end to all the bad feeling. The party is in March and although won't have lost much it will be a good incentive to crack on.

Also have Wicked and the vitality show to look forward to the week after that. Eating what I fancy today, all the while I feel like starting straight away but realise this would just be a waste of packs.

Ooohhh parties and things to prepare for, always good for the motivation eh ?:) Have you got clothes to get into or are you going to buy something slinky in preperation ? Not sure where you are in Hants but we have sold our house in Winchester and are staying with relatives in Basingstoke and the shops are fab, I can't keep away !:D Its better on days when I am safely in work chained to a desk :rolleyes:

Good luck with your Saturday start. Do you find weekends easier to do than week days ?

Hi Melissa, I don't find much difference in weekdays and weekends tbh. We live in Basingstoke and YES! the shops are brill aren't they! Is this where you've been getting your retail therapy?

Probably won't buy anything new for uncles do, I've got plenty of stuff to slim into. However, my Nans party in August and also family wedding in June are completely different kettle of fish - don't know what size I'll be:D . Have got a gorgeous black satin dress covered in big red roses which I'd love to wear but it's a 14 and I'm hoping that might be too big!

Saw my friend last night and she very kindly gave me her extra LL packs - 5.5 weeks worth. She is looking amazing and having lost so much already is looking forward to life experiences that would never have happened otherwise.

Hi Melissa, I don't find much difference in weekdays and weekends tbh. We live in Basingstoke and YES! the shops are brill aren't they! Is this where you've been getting your retail therapy?

Have got a gorgeous black satin dress covered in big red roses which I'd love to wear but it's a 14 and I'm hoping that might be too big!

Saw my friend last night and she very kindly gave me her extra LL packs - 5.5 weeks worth. quote]

Hiya !

You are in Basingstoke too ! Wow, PM me if you fancy meeting up for a black coffee or sparkling water in Festival place before I disappear to Cornwall for ever !:D That would be great.

So yes I have been getting my retail therapy down The Stoke :) So much better than Winchester tiny expensive shops. I can't keep away from the centre these days. I think its coz I know once I am in Cornwall its about 30 miles to the nearest big shops and it's going to be really hard :cry:

Saw your post about your good friend giving you her packs, that's excellent news ! Hope you have had a good start to abstinence today !

How are you getting on ? Still in abstinence ?

Info on the pools around here would be great ! Getting geared up for it now even though it could be days until my parcel with cossie comes :)

Hi Melissa, will PM you, a coffee sounds great! When are you off to Cornwall? I don't know about 'still' in abstinance but I have started again today:eek:

I think 'never give up giving up' should be my new motto however I really like the one a senile OAP taught my sister, 'It isn't the coughin' that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in'. Being asthmatic this tickles:rolleyes:

Got to lunch time yesterday before caving in so am gonna split my packs today and see if that helps. TBH I think it's more a case of my head being in gear but I honestly believe if I stop trying each day it will NEVER happen.

Went to see Doc for my repeat meds last week and felt I should ask if any contraindications re VLCD as I've changed one of my tablets. She said no contras however she could not support me in my decision to starve and put myself into a ketotic state. I know that opinion varies immensly between medics BUT i highly value this doctors opinion. She sorted me out healthwise last year after 6 months of illness and as a result I can now breath(thankfully:eek: ).

She offered to help and recommended SW and WW, which like everyone else on here I have done countless times. She also suggested there may be meds I could take. I had reductil a few years ago and scared myself looking at the risks/side effects. I told her this and she said' "But you've not scared yourself about ketosis and starvation?" She acknowledged that I was well read in the subject and that the decision was entirely mine to make, however I felt I lost some of her respect, which I really believe was key in helping her to help me resolve health probs last year.

Anyway, shall try to occupy myself on here today and maybe read a book. Hubby can't wait for ketotic energy to reappear as that always make his life happier:eek: :D . Here's to getting through one day:cool:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Our boiler is broken and we have no heat or hot water. It's really chilly and won't be long before we all start to smell:eek:

Lucky DH is a plumber and can fit us a new one hey?

Bl**dy dishwasher broke last week too - obv our time for things to break - wonder what number 3 will be?

Hi Melissa, will PM you, a coffee sounds great! When are you off to Cornwall? I don't know about 'still' in abstinance but I have started again today:eek:

Probably moving down for good at the end of March but things are so up in the air I am wondering whether to extend my notice period at work for a couple of weeks :( We are going down on Friday night for about 4 days in the hope of getting things moving along a bit.

I think 'never give up giving up' should be my new motto however I really like the one a senile OAP taught my sister, 'It isn't the coughin' that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in'. Being asthmatic this tickles:rolleyes:

:D good one ! Although it can't be nice being asthmatic :(

Got to lunch time yesterday before caving in so am gonna split my packs today and see if that helps. TBH I think it's more a case of my head being in gear but I honestly believe if I stop trying each day it will NEVER happen.

I think you are right, you have to keep trying. As I am officially on CD and not LL anymore I split packs as there is only 3 a day and I am used to 4. I know I am not actually hungry but I look forward to a choccy drink before bed !

Went to see Doc for my repeat meds last week and felt I should ask if any contraindications re VLCD as I've changed one of my tablets. She said no contras however she could not support me in my decision to starve and put myself into a ketotic state. I know that opinion varies immensly between medics BUT i highly value this doctors opinion. She sorted me out healthwise last year after 6 months of illness and as a result I can now breath(thankfully:eek: ).

Oh goodness that must be such a dilemma. My GP in Winchester was very supportive as he had sent other people to the local LLC. I haven't changed from him as it didn't seem worth it. I am dreading getting back to Cornwall though in case the GP I get thinks its a bad idea. If you respect her like you do it must be really difficult knowing she isn't supportive of it. Do you know exactly why she thinks it is a bad idea ? Did you give her the booklet for doctors ?

She offered to help and recommended SW and WW, which like everyone else on here I have done countless times. She also suggested there may be meds I could take. I had reductil a few years ago and scared myself looking at the risks/side effects. I told her this and she said' "But you've not scared yourself about ketosis and starvation?" She acknowledged that I was well read in the subject and that the decision was entirely mine to make, however I felt I lost some of her respect, which I really believe was key in helping her to help me resolve health probs last year.

Oh dear, poor you :hug99: Not a nice situation to be in. That must make you feel very wobbly. Not that I understand what is scarey about ketosis ? I have never felt better, have never lost more weight and am off all diabetic medication ! My last load of blood tests painted a perfect healthy picture, something I hadn't had for years. WW & SW just don't sort it fast enough for me :)

I tried Reductil too, didn't like it, it pushed up my blood pressure. Wouldn't take it again ! :sigh:

Anyway, shall try to occupy myself on here today and maybe read a book. Hubby can't wait for ketotic energy to reappear as that always make his life happier:eek: :D . Here's to getting through one day:cool:
Yes its much better once ketosis kicks in !

I love your pink elephant by the way !!!

Our boiler is broken and we have no heat or hot water. It's really chilly and won't be long before we all start to smell:eek:

Lucky DH is a plumber and can fit us a new one hey?

Bl**dy dishwasher broke last week too - obv our time for things to break - wonder what number 3 will be?

I do sympathise, that happened to us just before we moved and we had to pay British Gas who mucked us about terribly to fit another and we couldn't pass the cost on to the buyer. It was a nightmare:mad: Let alone flipping freezing in December ! Nothing worse than being cold on this diet is there ?:sigh:

Hope there isn't a number 3, at least your DH is a plumber ! How useful is that ! Tell him no tea until the house is warm :D

Well, I decided to reinstate my diary as I can't seem to shift the lbs any way other than with vlcd. I have been eating intuitively for the last few months and have only seen the number on the scale go up:eek: I walk and/or cycle 8-10 miles per day and having checked my food diary, do not overeat. So why aren't the lbs dropping off?
I went to a Pete Cohen seminar in April and loved it. He is a fantastic guy with so much knowledge and enthusiasm. However, having done the vlcd thing I can't help but find anything else too slow. I even bought the Paul McKenna book last week and although I like the principles, they are just too slow. I have tried to keep the faith that if I continue as I am my weight will start to fall. BUT THIS GIRLIE ISN'T THAT PATIENT:rolleyes:.

Three things happened since I went on the seminar which have affected my decision.
1: Got shouted at in the street for being fat:(
2: Got asked when my baby was due by a parent helper at school
3: A child in my sons class asked if I had a baby in my big tummy

I think I have pretty much decided to go back to CD and just need to sort out the finances and hope to restart next week. My only worry is that I might struggle being as active as I am now. However, that can sort its self out when the time comes.

Reading about everyones progress on here is such a great motivational tool and it really helps to remind you how good you feel once the transition into K has happened.

I have just received a phone call to say I have got a new job. Caring 2 night shifts per week. This means I can still help out at school, still start college in Sept and get the caring experience they like to see for the degree I would like to do:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Plus of course I can now justify going on CD!

I love Saturdays! DD no 1 dances and my hubby takes her and the 2DSs whilst I take my loopy Springer Spaniel to agility classes. We only started mid-March but we both love it lots:) It really is quite good exercise allbeit in short bursts.

I am raring to go on CD and I'm not even eating everything in sight, I think I did last time:eek: My friend has my week or sos supply of CD from last time and hopefully getting that back on Sunday which means I could be starting Monday:party0019: .

Very pleased with myself. I've taken my daughter and dog for a 5 mile bike ride this morning and dug over and replanted our front garden. It all looks very pretty and I'm feeling rather virtuous :angeldevil: .

It's beautiful weather here and think we might just have a BBQ for a late lunch:D

My baby has learnt to cycle on 2 wheels

He is 5 and we expected him to do it before now as he is very co-ordinated and has always had great balance. However, in typical childlike fashion, he proved us wrong and up to now hasn't been too keen to try. We have been cycling to school (approx 2 miles each way) for the last month and he has been scooting. He decided on Friday that he wanted to cycle and we took his stabilisers off this morning. He got straight on and without any hesitation peddled off! We just did a test run to school and he did the whole 4.5 miles without any trouble at all:D :D :D

Wow how cool is that, just that little bit of extra confidence. There is no stopping him now.

I got my supplies of CD back from my friend last night. I had planned to start Thursday after seeing my CDC and I think I shall stick with that. I'll cut my carbs down today and Weds so Thurs is a bit easier.

Also doing my first night shift Thursday. I visited the care home yesterday and it was lovely. The staff seemed friendly and the old folk were sweet. They are all a bit senile and all behave in very different ways. They are very childlike and need looking after in a similar way. Although helping them is the only thing I feel anxious about it is also why I am looking forward to starting. Anyway, Thurs night will tell the tale of whether I am cut out for care work.

Back