Nats diary

Hi Lottie, how are you today??

Morning Nat
You are doing well babe,
Hope you have a good weekend.
Just keep thinking of the pounds dropping off
Sending you lots os positive vibes for a good weekend
{{{HUGS}}}

Thanks Libbie - sending those vibes your way too:)

Day 5 and still ok...

Not feeling quite so perky but I think I might be getting further into ketosis as my p stick was a bit darker this am. Drinking plenty of water so know this isn't due to dehydration.

Have decided to try citrus WF today in one of my many:rolleyes: litres. The LL ones upset me but the CD wf soesn't have the inulin in it so should be OK.

Today is my first weekend day on plan. Shouldnt be too much of a problem as DH is getting a takeaway tonight and I promised kids a McD or KFC, so I won't have to cook. Planning to freeze a choc tetra as that still feels like a treat:)

Weighing in on Monday evening instead of Tues morning so hope this doesn't mean I'll weigh too much heavier.

4.11.06 5.45pm

Well, just spent the last 4 hours at an indoor play area with my 3 kids & DH. We went with our friend & her kids and just drank coffee the whole time.
The kids and DH and friend all had choc bars (freddie frogs!!) numerous times and I didn't have anything at all. Had saved my 2nd pack for this evening when hubby had takeaway, so was a little hungry but we are now going to a fireworks display so just had it and will have 3rd later.
I think having been occupied all day and going out this eve has really helped me get through today.

Day 6 - still going strong

Well woken today with a very growly tummy:eek: Hope that goes soon as so noisy everyone else can hear it!!

The fireworks last night were great - 1st time we have taken all our kids 9,6 and 4 to see them and they all loved it:) Was hoping the late night would mean a lay-in today but hahaha youngest was up at normal time of 5.45:eek:

Had a very solid frozen tetra last night but zapped in microwave for 20 seconds and was good.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow night although still a little apprehensive about it being in the evening. Ketostix is still quite dark this morning but at least I know am in ketosis so might see if can have bars and mix a mousse this week. Will not have any more coffee today either - I think I had enough caffeine for a week yesterday!

My 9 year old daughter wanted to try my muffin a couple of days ago and I had to explain that it wasn't something she needed to eat. Although I have managed to avoid the discussion so far, I felt it was time to explain to her what I was doing. I said I needed the packs as medicine to make me healthy and help me work out which foods made me ill. I think because she saw me at my worst this summer she accepted this explanantion.

I don't want to be a bad role model for her but don't feel I was doing her any favours by continuing to eat the way I was before. Another reason why I can't keep starting and stopping this journey.

Oh well, heres looking at another good day and wi on monday:D

Aaaaarghhh! I am so restless. I am not hungry but I could eat my own arms off with boredom.

I know I just have to get through this day but aaaarghh!

Aaaaarghhh! I am so restless. I am not hungry but I could eat my own arms off with boredom.

I think if you eat your own arm that might bring you out of ketosis:rolleyes: :D

Here is some links:

My Virtual Model - Home

I like virutual model as you can play around with the body size....

Women's Clothing and Designer Clothes Shops - Online Shopping Directory of Secure UK Shops - Shop Safe

Christmas gift jewelry - buy ROMANTIC gift jewelry for his or her Birthday for the Perfect Christmas Gift

family holiday, cheap family holiday, family package holiday

2004.03.09: Citing "Dangerous Increase" in Deaths, HHS Launches New Strategies Against Overweight Epidemic

Arthur . Games . Write a Poem | PBS Kids

LOL !! Hi Natpot - you are doing really well - stick with it hun, it DOES get easier !

I know what you mean about being restless - I felt exactly the same in the early days...you need to find something to occupy you rather than eating !! I just keep on drinking water...it's my constant companion ;) mind you, so is the loo !!!

Just think how you'll feel on Tuesday at WI - that'll give the motivation to keep on :)

Be strong hun...

love

Debz
xx

Hi Mini and Debz, thanks for your suggestions, I am loving the virtual model and trying to focus on my WI! (surely my arm is just protein Mini? lol)
Managed to keep myself busy painiting my nails so I look a right vamp now (but such a lovely colour!).
Have a great day.
Nat
x

Hi Mini and Debz, thanks for your suggestions, I am loving the virtual model and trying to focus on my WI! (surely my arm is just protein Mini? lol)
Managed to keep myself busy painiting my nails so I look a right vamp now (but such a lovely colour!).
Have a great day.
Nat
x

Nat LOL:D

Well, I thought you might be putting a little horseradish with it:D

Just as well, otherwise you would not of been able to paint your lovely nails:) :) :)

Virtual model is fun to play with and I have cut and coloured my hair because of her...I now feel like changing my hair again.:rolleyes:

Perhaps a little darker for the winter.:confused:

Good luck with your weigh in and I do hope you have a good one!!!

Love Mini xxx

I am really sorry to let everyone down but I am bowing out. I'm ill yet again and each time it seems to be kicked off by SSing. Spoke to CDC who suggested coming off the plan and seeing my GP. Feel like a complete failure and so disappointed that I am not going to lose the weight so quickly.
DH suggestion was we eat healthily as a family which is something we have never done before. I've always been the one on a diet and fed them as normal. Might do a low carb/ high protein thing. Don't really know - was up at 5am - couldn't stop worrying and thinking about what to do. Wonderong whether WW would be worth going back to. To get the support and weekly WI.
Will still be lurking on here - Mini darker for Winter sounds lovely . The best of luck to everyone. Take care.
Nat.
x

Back Again...

Here's to a more successful attempt! Meeting with CDC on Thurs eve and have 2 days supply already so will start Weds. I'm planning to increase water and reduce carbs from Monday as I see from others Qs that this eases transition into ketosis. Have been well for the last couple of months and feel now is the time to sort my 'packaging' out.

Have read an amazing book called 'Beyond Chocolate' which is about intuitive eating. I completely agree with this approach but it would take me far to long to reach my weight loss goals. I know this plan to SS again seems contrary to what the book advises but I have picked up on so many positive things such as not judging myself because of my weight and not letting it dictate how much care I take of myself that I feel it has helped me reach my decision to SS.

Wittered again ( as I am prone to doing:eek: ) but very much looking forward to being part of this community of support.

Nat.
x

feeling rubbish

got a cold - the first for ages. I think all the meds I had last year have staved them off up til now!

I have just eaten my last 'proper' breakfast - porridge oats. I know they are carby but at least the good kind and I didn't have any eggs in. I am upping my water to 2-3 lt today which should be no problem. Will just stick to meat/fish and salad/vef for the rest of day. Can't wait to start losing the pounds and regaining a slimmer figure.

I was reading the thread about 2 stone for March challenge. I realised that I could be 12st something in that time which is the lowest weight I acheived last year on LL. My slideshow screensaver seems to be reminding me of this because every other photo at the moment is of our holiday last summer. My face looks really slim in them and my body is a completely different shape. I so want to get back to that and will probably need to keep reminding myself of this in the week to come.

First day has gone well

Very happy to report that I haven't felt starved today and have managed 3lt water with no bother at all. I have a bit of a headache now but more to do with scouring these messageboards than the diet!

I waited until I felt properly hungry before I had my first pack. This was about 12.30 and I had a veg soup. Was a little apprehensive about this as the soups were what made me feel so nauseous last time. BUT it was fine, nice even.

I bought silly husks from the health food store this morning and I put 2 tsp in my 2nd pack - a vanilla shake. Not bad, a little grainy but def passable and something I'll do again. (fortunately, as it's not cheap)

I think I'll probably make my last shake into a muffin and then have a bath and early night. Meeting my CDC tomorrow night and can't wait to pick up some tetras. Love both flavours as ice cream. Also looking forward to trying the new soup flavour.

Bit apprehensive about tomorrow daytime as I was busy all day today and I know how much being preoccupied helps. I plan to clean my house 'till it shines like the top of the Chrysler building' and maybe read too. All in all a very good day one:D

Day 2

Feeling really rather good:D . I felt the effects of the PH this morning which was good:eek: and woke up feeling lighter and raring to go. Decided to do the same as yesterday and save my first pack until lunchtime which meant I had 2 packs yesterday evening. I really enjoyed doing this however I have found that because I am not busy today I have been thinking about food more. Have not been particularly hungry although had a case of the gurgles mid morning.
Seeing CDC tonight and will be able to pick up bars for next weds onwards and also MAM. Looking forward to both these things as I didn't stay on CD long enough to try them last year. My only experience of bars is the LL ones which have the texture of clay:p .
I am feeling positive that this time will be different. I am not thinking about how much I have to lose in total, just concentrating on getting through each day. I know there will be tough times ahead but if I can deal with them on an individual basis I will be OK.

We had an evening invitation for my hubbys Step cousin (I think) wedding for June. Now having said above that I am not concentrating on my final goal, the thought of going to this wedding looking fab and seeing lots of family that we don't see from one of the year to the next is quite thrilling!

Last edited:
Day 3...

Felt very energetic this morning, youngest son was awake just after 5 and that was me up for the day:eek: . However, I was raring to go and have read, cleaned, done laundry and many other things far too mundane to list. I am currently puppysitting my friends 12wk old Cavalier pup who is adorable. Might just go put Sky+ on and let him snuggle in:)
I went into ketosis yesterday (early I think due to reducing carbs beforehand) and after discussion with CDC decided to try the bars this week and just keep an eye on the K situation. Had a caramel one last night - delicious! Checked K this morning and still there so hooray:D

CDC was lovely and someone I think I can share this experience with, so thats a real positive. My friend came along too and has started on 790 for the next week and will prob need to go to 1000.

Glad you are in ketosis, should feel much easier now ! A wedding to look forward to is always good, I am sure you will look fab for it. melissa x

Hi Nat,

You do get into ketosis much quicker when you cut down.

I think your right about learning all these different things out of books and tips anywhere we can find them helps over all.

Having the wedding to go too is a great motivator as it is the summer and it is a time for looking good:D

We have plenty of time from now to drop a few stone by then...

Your doing good.

Word of warning about the bars some of them can give you wind I find, it took me awhile to get use to them and on occasion I have been known to eat two, which I will not be doing this time around as they double me over with wind.

I have two favourites...the nut and the caramel and I slice them into as many fine slices as I can manage and take my time with a bottle of water and just enjoy.

It is nice to have something to chew.

Love Mini xxx

Day 5

Thanks Melissa, I'm looking forward to getting a swish new outfit for the wedding!

Hi Mini, I have just done as you suggested and sliced up a peanut bar and also put it into the freezer for a while. It took ages to eat and was really nice. Not had any bad side effects from any of the 3 bars I've had so far thank goodness but thanks for the warning:D . I liked the peanut and the orange was OK but I absolutely loved the caramel. Thanks so much for support.

I have had so much energy today that as well as lots of chores and running around getting the kids to dance class I have taken the dog and kids for a walk and played football with them, scrubbed the deck in our garden and cleaned all the white UPVC doors and window frames that I could reach! I am feeling very positive and finding this pretty easy going. I know , however, that day 5 and particularly day 6, are the times that I struggled on prev 2 attempts, so have asked my friends to remind of this if I start to falter. I know that if I can get past this first week then it will be pretty plain sailing.

Back