Nearing 2 weeks, no weight loss, consultant useless. Rant.

Sarah23fly

Want to lose a stone!
So nearing 2 weels and no loss whatsoever. Ive been spot on with eating, but its morw than likely down to my stage of breastfeeding with my baby so I have a choice of carrying on the diet and accepting this or just stopping and carrying on when hes weaned onto food and im bf less. Which is fine. (I keep waking up thinking sodd the diet, I'll wait and have a thick sliced brown bread banana sandwich today! But cant bring myself to do it!)

BUT my annoyance is with my consultant. I saw her in WI last week and said I was always hungry. She said email me your fold diary and I'll look. I did, she said it looks fine I shouldnt be hungry. I said I still am though? And she didnt reply.

I text her the next day and said my SW log in STILL doesnt work, she said call SW. I tried, got through to voice mail, still cant get on. She texts and says 'any luck' I explain the voice mail and again mentiom the hunger. She stops replying.

SO Ive got no advice from her in anyway apart from 'stick with it' and Ive still got no log in details and Ive still lost no weight.

:(

my only advise is trust in the plan, your body is adjusting with having a baby and bf and your eating healthy food that is good for both of you. It will come off, just may not do so at the pace you want, you may get sts weeks and then good loss weeks. Have you taken measurements and if so seen any changes, or noticed your clothes feeling looser. At least your not gaining, I understand your frustration but the plan does work.

Yes I took measurements about a month or so ago. They are still very much the same and my clothes are the same too.

So nearing 2 weels and no loss whatsoever. Ive been spot on with eating, but its morw than likely down to my stage of breastfeeding with my baby so I have a choice of carrying on the diet and accepting this or just stopping and carrying on when hes weaned onto food and im bf less. Which is fine. (I keep waking up thinking sodd the diet, I'll wait and have a thick sliced brown bread banana sandwich today! But cant bring myself to do it!)

"Nearing" two weeks? So you haven't even had your second WI? Give it time! :eek:

Also you say you're hungry - so why aren't you eating more? Theres endless free and superfree food you can be tucking into, there is no reason on earth to be hungry on SW! Youre breastfeeding, you are going to need a LOT more food than standard, how many HEXes are you eating? You know you get a lot more if you're breastfeeding right?

Sorry to hear your consultant isn't helpful. She cant help with the online thing though, you'll just have to keep calling til you get hold of someone Im afraid.

To be honest my advice would be the same as your consultant's - stick with it. You've been doing it less than two weeks! Also, post your food diary on here so we can help. Im most concerned why you're not eating more if you're hungry? If your body is hungry AND you're breastfeeding it'll just go into 'starvation mode' and then you *won't* lose weight.

Im sure itll work out if you stick with it x :)

Im going to sound like your consultant now and say stick with it! The plan works, just give it a little time.

As for your C she doesn't sound very supportive at all. When I first joined sw i couldn't log in and we found it was because my c had copied my pin down wrong! Try texting her asking if you can confirm your pin is right. If she doesn't get back to you ring sw. The should have a copy of your pin and be able to give it too you.

Food wise, are you getting enough hex's in? I read last week that women breast feeding need something like 6 hex's (I'm Jealous!). If you are getting your hex's look at maybe increasing your portion sizes for your food and make sure your eating till your full, and not because you think you've ate enough. If your filling yourself up at meal times but are hungry in between don't feel afraid to munch away on fruit and free foods. Thats what they are there for.
It seems to me if our complaining your always hungry and your not losing weight maybe your not eating enough?
Hope you stick at it x

Im constantly eating fruit. To be honest Im constantly eating, fruit veg and still Im hungry. I have 4-6 pears a day. 4-5 apples a day 2-3 bananas, carrots, celery all in bid to curb the hunger and its not working. Its the breastfeeding thing making me eat.

Im constantly eating fruit. To be honest Im constantly eating, fruit veg and still Im hungry. I have 4-6 pears a day. 4-5 apples a day 2-3 bananas, carrots, celery all in bid to curb the hunger and its not working. Its the breastfeeding thing making me eat.

How many HEXes are you having?
If the superfree isnt filling you up how about eating more Free food (meat/carbs), and increasing your meal portion sizes/saving some to eat during the day when youre hungry?
This is a common problem when breastfeeding, have you checked out the breastfeeding thread? Theres loads of advice in there. Im sure it will work out if you give it time. x

Breastfeeding used to make me soo hungry! And thirsty! I never did slimming world while breastfeeding. Have you tried having an extra meal instead of the fruit? I dont know about you but personaly i dont find fruit all that filling? Maybe have your normal breakfast lunch and tea, but then have a bowl of pasta, or some scrambled egg and beans as an extra meal/snack. If the superfree is not filling you up at all then have some free food. I hope your consultant gets her act together and is a little more supportive in future, but i think she is right, you should stick with it! And only weigh in at class! Mid week weighing on different scales does not count! Im a fine one to talk lol coz i weigh all the time at home, but i pay no attention to what the scales say unless its my weigh day! Good luck xx

Thanks, Ive been reading through that thread and beeb posting on there. Ive been makinv use if ally HEX's which have helped.

I dunno, I just needed to rant.

I think maybe youre right and I should up meat at meal times. The thing is when I have dinner Im lovely and full, but just 40 mins later my tummys rumbling. Its very annoying having food constantly on my mind which it wasnt before. I feel like this diets taken over my life at the moment.

Hello Sarah, am bfing and 've been food optimising for about 7weeks. My baby is 9mth old and he is weaning. I have 5st to lose and only lost 2 lbs, i sts for some weeks then gained 4 lbs(i was gutted) i stopped sw for some days but i remembered that my old eating habit brought me to this point. Then i started sw again, sunday is my weigh in but i couldn't wait so i stepped on the scales this morning and i have lost the 4 lbs.
I am always hungry too and i fill up on superfree and free foods. I ll continue sw till my baby is a year old and stop bfing and i know my body will change it wont need to produce milk for baby.
You 'av got a stone to lose and bfing give yourself time, eat whenever you are hungry its not a crime.
I dont know if you were that hungry pre sw, if yes see it as an opportunity to make healthy choices sw will not banish hunger.

Im fairness with the extra HEXs and 2 or 3 bananas and constant fruit you must be just maintaining your weight?

As in you only need about 200 extra calories a day when feeding. Now I know they say this but when I was feeding I felt like I needed an extra 2,000 calories a day!!!!!LOL!

I know SW is not calorie based but with so many HEXs and fruit I would imagine there is little deficit there to give you a weight loss??

That is just how it appears to me. I think you need to just go easy on yourself when your are BF and don't worry too much about the weight.

Maybe stick to SW in general but don't over focus on weigh ins??

I have been doing SW for 22 weeks, since my baby was 5 weeks old. The first couple of weeks I lost 4lb ish altogether, then I STS most weeks until I started weaning a few weeks ago. It has taken me 22 weeks to lose a stone but I could have quite easily put more than that on in the same amount of time without SW!

Just stick with it and when your body is ready you will start losing xx

Thank you. I am hoping that it changes when he weans.

Foodie, you are correct Im just maintaining. And I agree wholly, that I think the Hex's, bananas and fruit have some input to this. However, it would surprise me if I actually needed more than 200 calories, the reason being is that at 4 months my baby is 21lb 7ozs. This is the average size of a 12 month old. He feeds ever hour (sometimes every half an hr!!) round the clock.

Yeah mine were whoppers like that too.
And fed constantly!!
Hence the reason I mentioned needing the extra 2,000 a day.....lol. Yum!

Im glad Im not the only one!

Thanks all for your replies, as always Ive taken a
ALL your advice on board and it is gratefully recieved.

Hi there

Cant help with the breastfeeding thing I am afraid but have you looked on HoneyOc's food diary? She was recently breastfeeding so I am sure you will find some useful information on there: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...l-one-pregnancy-breastfeeding-food-diary.html

Also, I agree with what everyone else has said about eating plenty and also no sneaky weigh ins! It takes a week for me to lose weight so if I weigh in part way through the week it can be counter productive mentally. Keep at it! The plan does work but I am sorry to hear about your useless consultant! Hang in there ;)

If I were you I would 'snack sw' -

meaning - eat what you are allowed to eat but eat them in smaller 5 - 7 meals a day. If you know what I mean.

so - one weetabix and milk for breakfast.
half hour later strawberries - 20 mins later an apple and banana. half hour later the other weetabix and milk.

make sure you sit down to eat and eat with a small spoon - take longer.

half hour later cook yourself a 2 egg omelette with sliced toms on the top - (don't know how many Heb's you are allowed?) - have a slice of bread (400g) with beans on and sliced toms........wait 20 mins to half hour and have another slice with beans on with toms...........half hour later eat another apple or pear or orange or strawberries - & then wait 20 mins and eat a mullerlight.

3 pm'ish eat another piece of fruit - wait 20 mins and eat another piece of fruit - then have your dinner in 3 small plate portions over 3 hours & another muller at about 7 - 8 with another piece of fruit.

Write EVERYTHING down - eat slowly - don't watch TV whilst eating or doing anything that will distract you.

follow red or green rather than EE AS YOU ARE ALLOWED THAT HEB X 2. Have all your 15 syns.

you won't feel hungry snacking.

Could it be that you are maybe thirsty rather than hungry?? How much fluids do you drink? Sometimes our bodies think they are hungry but in actual fact its thirst!

I think you need to go easier on yourself, I've said before that if it were me I wouldn't expect losses but hope to STS, as your body likes a fat reserve whilst BF.
Also because I'm an old old woman (41 lol) I will say this your babies are babies for about a minute, does it matter if it takes longer to lose the weight? Enjoy that bundle of joy!

One last thing I will say, is never BF without a drink beside you (NOT tea or coffee for safety reasons). As Big Bear says you could be thirsty. Make yourself a 2 litre bottle of squash and have a glass every time he feeds, that should help with the hunger pangs x

Back