Nearly 4 weeks and little progress

100kgmark

Hi
I'm due to go back to see DR and am embarrased by small loss (I recon 1KG).
i probably should have left it till after xmas to start and the weather didn't exactly encourage me out to walk / run.
I'm now stressing that the Doc will say it's not worth me staying on the Xenacal.
Does anyone know what the min amount of loss is to justify staying on?:cry:

I think it 5kg hun, i've done it before bot didn't reach that 5kg

The doctors shouldn't take you off the tabs unless you havent lost 5% of your body weight after 12 weeks.
After 4 weeks I hadn't lost anything, but now on target to meet the 5% before my third month, so dont lose heart!

Hi

I also restarted just before Christmas and the nurse at the weight management clinic was really surprised that I wanted to in the Christmas season. We discussed it and agreed that my goal for the first month would be to try and not gain over Christmas and then really try to lose after this point.
She also said that the target is to have reached 10% within 3-6 months.

Given that some people will have gained huge amount over Christmas I think the Dr should be sympathetic that you have atleast tried had had some level of loss, and give the benefit of more time to ensure that it really has had a reasonably amount of time to give the tablets a chance

The guidelines are to lose 5% by 3 months and 10% by six months.

Hi

I've not been around online much as I've had PC problems, but just snuck on at work for a catch up and was really pleased you've posted this as I've really found it hard to shift any weight since I restarted after Christmas!

I lost 3kgs in my first week and now I'm struggling to maintain that let alone lose any more. The most frustrating thing is that I am honestly being really good. I have my 2nd weigh in on Monday so hopefully I'll at least lose something by then (fingers crossed), maybe our bodies are just taking a while to realise that they need to lose weight now and not put it on after all the years of weight gain.

Good Luck everyone
xx

Back