Nearly a stone lost...

Sorus

Going for it.
.... in 18 days. To say I'm thrilled with this is an understatement! My aim (though I had no real confidence it would happen) was to lose ten pounds before my weekend at Centre Parcs when I started Exante 2 and a half weeks ago. If I do a bit of a walk today I might get off the half pound needed to make it a stone!

And a lot of that is due to the support and info on this forum. Without reading about other people's experiences on VLCDs I would never have thought of trying one and hadn't even heard of Exante.

So all hail Minimins!! I'm now well under 11 and a half stone and that's the lowest I've been in years. Challenge now will be to not put all of it back on over the weekend. Am resigned to a few pounds as I temporarily re-feed though. :break_diet:

As an aside - and those who've have read my blog will already know this so sorry for repeating myself - I ran out of Exante shakes and ordered a few Dietimeal ones from avidlite instead. Big mistake! I make my shakes into muffins - or shmuffins as I now call them - and they are delicious. Warm, squidgy, slightly risen and cakey. Not so the Dietimeal ones. They turn out like hard glue! And taste vile and synthetic! Ugh! Ugh, ugh, ugh!

I got into a pair of size 12 jeans yesterday. Yes they are a very stretchy pair of size 12s and there is still a very impressive muffin top spilling over but still! I did a little happy jig in my bedroom. :)

Aw that's a lovely post. I'm all for happy jigging in the bedroom :)
I too have a difficult week ahead and will be temp re-feeding for part of it. I have sworn to myself that by next Thursday when all the unavoidable meals and celebrations are done with I will be TFR again right up until my holidays.

Like you I had never heard of exante or really considered doing a VLCD....I just THANK the higher powers that led me to Minimins and to the lovely people on here.

Well Done you - and let's get straight back to it after our interim jollies.
Hopefully those muffin tops will be gone very soon ;)

xxxxxx

wow sorus that really is great! well done!
you've lost the weight very quickly - what was your secret?
oh that muffin sounds great! - please you must share how to make that! - but does it fill you uo as much as a full shake?

size 12 jeans!! you must have been bouncing around the changing rooms with joy! i cant ever remember being a size 12 - so that is one of my huge goals to fit into size 12 jeans! well done you!

keep up the excellent work your doing!

Congrats. It's a brill feeling x

I'll put my droning advice head back on shall I? :D

Congrats on the size 12s, I know just how you feel with the happy bouncy thing cos I do that too........:eek:

In the meantime I'll say what I always do in these situations: you CAN eat on Exante but you just need to be sensible about it.

Try and stick to the Working Solution guidelines in the book and you won't go far wrong. So again have lots of protein, chicken, fish, eggs and tofu are all fine, red meat if it's lean (no bacon though cos of the salt, sigh, I do miss bacon :( ). Try to keep the fats to a minimum if you can, and eat plenty of leafy green veg and salad to keep the carbs down. Bread, potatoes, rice and pasta are all a no-no at this stage as they will skyrocket your blood sugar levels and probably your glycogen/water stores too! Low-fat yoghurt is fine, if you need fruit then have berries by preference cos they are lower in carbs. Easy on the nuts and seeds, and altho' cheese won't kill you tis best taken in small doses - especially if like me it is one of your trigger foods!

If you can, take some packs with you and replace at least one meal a day, two would be better. When I am on a meal weekend I tend to have packs for breakfast and lunch and then an evening meal, this is working out OK for me so far.

Once you've eaten you can drink alcohol if you want, but again in moderation. If you drink wine, have it as a spritzer for instance and it will last twice as long. Avoid beer or sweet liquers, stick to clear spirits with diet mixers. No orange juice lol! But keep drinking your water, it will help.

Quak said a while back in her blog that you have to live your life, not just exist, and she is absolutely right.

Weekends like this are a bit of a test for you, to see if you can cultivate new good eating habits instead of the old ones you had before. So I would like to see you back here next week with a big "A+" for effort please! :)

Yambabe - I would like to buy a pocket sized version of you to keep with me at all times.
You really are a font of knowledge and motivation.
Big Thanks from me
xxx

Well done, have a nice break then get back to it xxx

Thanks everyone! There's been no secret really. I am very relaxed about Exante though. To me it is just an efficient way of getting all my nutrients in a low carb, low calorie way - there's nothing magical about it. So if, for example, I really don't fancy soup for lunch (maybe once every 3 or 4 days) I'll have an omelette and salad. ie keeping the carbs to an absolute minimum to stay in ketosis. I avoid tomatoes, onions etc. I probably have fewer carbs, and about the same number of calories, than if I had a soup, though of course I'm not guaranteed the nutritional side of it so much so I take a belt and braces approach and have a Berocca every day (multi-vit and mineral tablet).

I'm not recommending this relaxed approach to anyone else - we're all different! But it works for me. It also helps having knowledge and experience of following a low carbohydrate diet - I can't recommend that highly enough. As Yambabe says - knowing what foods'll re-feed your glycogen stores more than others is key I think. And yes I'll be aiming to have at least one pack a day while I'm away - probably breakfast.

YesICan - hope you enjoy your celebrations too. We will keep each other on the straight and narrow! It is really important that I get back to it next week. I am very good at not getting back on track after a weekend or holiday and one stone to lose becomes 3 stone before you can say banana shmuffin. :rolleyes:

I think that's a really healthy attitude to have Sorus, and it obviously is working well for you so well done!

Well done sorus, enjoy your weekend and keep up the good work.

Well done Sorus, great loss and attitude!

Yambabe - what can I say - I loves Ya babe (in a purely platonic way of course)

Bren xx

.... in 18 days. To say I'm thrilled with this is an understatement! My aim (though I had no real confidence it would happen) was to lose ten pounds before my weekend at Centre Parcs when I started Exante 2 and a half weeks ago. If I do a bit of a walk today I might get off the half pound needed to make it a stone!

And a lot of that is due to the support and info on this forum. Without reading about other people's experiences on VLCDs I would never have thought of trying one and hadn't even heard of Exante.

So all hail Minimins!! I'm now well under 11 and a half stone and that's the lowest I've been in years. Challenge now will be to not put all of it back on over the weekend. Am resigned to a few pounds as I temporarily re-feed though. :break_diet:

As an aside - and those who've have read my blog will already know this so sorry for repeating myself - I ran out of Exante shakes and ordered a few Dietimeal ones from avidlite instead. Big mistake! I make my shakes into muffins - or shmuffins as I now call them - and they are delicious. Warm, squidgy, slightly risen and cakey. Not so the Dietimeal ones. They turn out like hard glue! And taste vile and synthetic! Ugh! Ugh, ugh, ugh!

I got into a pair of size 12 jeans yesterday. Yes they are a very stretchy pair of size 12s and there is still a very impressive muffin top spilling over but still! I did a little happy jig in my bedroom. :)

That's a fantastic achievement Sorus! :happy096: :D

Well done Sorus, great loss and attitude!

Yambabe - what can I say - I loves Ya babe (in a purely platonic way of course)

Bren xx

Quak it was reading your blog and Miss Demeanour's that inspired me to try Exante so thank you so much for keeping one. Your achievement is outstanding.

well dun congrats on ur great loss..keep it up
hpe u av fun on ur holiday hun
i cnt wait til i plce ma order 2mo...shud b ere for mon bt then probably nt gna b able to start it til the week after coz by mon i will b bk in lesta....bt i still av ma cd products left so mite js go thru with that for nx week n then jump str8 onto exante....wt u tink?
mwah

Well done Sorus!

You have done really well :) I love your blog lol x

CONGRATULATIONS SORUS!!!
If I can achieve that in 18 days I will be over the moon!!!!!

Try to remind yourself when you are away what you have achieved and that will spur you on to stick to healthy options - just try to remember how thrilled you are right now and that will keep your focus. xxx

Back