Nearly gave up!!!

yummy mummy

Silver Member
i dont know whats wrong with me today, im moody and hungry and really p**sed off. i woke up thismorning and could smell my babys toast and ive been in a bad mood since. im really hungry and not just that i weighed myself this morning and have only lost 1LB which has really upset me. i have started ss'ing from thursday but do you think it would be a problem if i started aam today. i dont think its to do with the fact of eating i just want to be able to chew and im not getting that from shakes or soup. please help x x x x:cry:

Hi Yummy mummy

I'm sorry you are having such a bad day today. Please try and hang in there you will be so glad you did when you wake up tomorrow knowing that you got through today. This diet is testing at times and can push us to the limit but you had such a fab loss last week and I am sure the scales will move in the downwards direction for you again over the next few days. It may be worth not weighing yourself at home as it can be disheartening when they don't move and they may not match what your CDC's scales say, so you never know you may have lost more than a lb. Saying that a lb off is a lb gone forever, never to return. Try and distract yourself while you are feeling like this, something with the baby that will get your hands nice and messy - can't eat food covered in glue or paint!!!!!!

Good luck with the rest of the day and have an early night, I usually find that this helps when nothing else does.

Jazzy x

Hang in there-rather than do AAM why don't you make crisps out of a soup pack?It really helps :)

thanks, ill try and yeah i supose i cant eat with glue on my hands alough ive never tryed ha ha ha. i tryedto make a miffin last night and it was like a hard lump that tasted if nothing. might give the crisps a go have you ever made them?

I make them all the time :) My 12 years old is the best-she can get over 300 tiny crisps out of ONE soup pack!!I don't have the patience for that but I make around 50.You mix the soup pack with cold water till it's kind of like thick yoghurt consistency and then put it on teflon baking parchment(I think that's what it's called-reusable thin stuff) -I just put globs on-can fit about 20 on a sheet-then stick it in the microwave for around 1 min 20 sec(different microwaves cook them quicker) and they should come out nice and crispy :) There's a much better explanation in the recipe link :D

I love the crisps and muffins, but there is definately a knack to making them. It is a case of trial and error until you get the hang of them. I find the muffin needs to go into the microwave for just over a minute, I also save a little bit of the mix and put it on top and it feels like a really naughty cake!! The crisps I never take my eyes off cause in a split second they can be ruined. I usually zap them for about 40 seconds and then keep putting them on for 10 seconds at a time after this until they are ready. My favourite is the oriental chilli mix made into crisps, and the good thing is they take a lot longer to eat. I've just realised you'll be able to have the bars next week which will also make things a lot easier for you, especially if your missing chewing.

You can do this!

Jazzy x

I've never managed to get the hang of muffins :( They always come out wrong.

If you have any tetras there are fab frozen, the banana 1 is to die for its like a lovely banana icecream if you zap it in microwave for about 20 secs after coming out of freezer!! Good luck, I know what its like its been half term here so ive been off work and struggled like mad and had to resort to having a pack of cooked chicken pieces in fridge for my nibbles!! Sarahxx.

i dont know whats wrong with me today, im moody and hungry and really p**sed off. i woke up thismorning and could smell my babys toast and ive been in a bad mood since. im really hungry and not just that i weighed myself this morning and have only lost 1LB which has really upset me. i have started ss'ing from thursday but do you think it would be a problem if i started aam today. i dont think its to do with the fact of eating i just want to be able to chew and im not getting that from shakes or soup. please help x x x x:cry:

Hiya - sorry ur having a bad day....:(

Could be just water retention...are you drinking enough ?? this is Day 3 of SS for you...is that right ? not sure that AAM would be such a good idea....could you not freeze a tetra pack or do a mousse instead ?? that defo would be better (I think !):rolleyes:

Failing that....what about having a bar ?? I know ur not s'posed to have them 'til week 3 .....but.....better than falling off that wagon....

Hope u feel better soon.....

hugs

Debz
xx

Hey

Sorry to hear you're not loving SS at the moment. Just think how amazing you will look when you get to your target weight.... and how you will look if you fall off the wagon and can't get on again! Now isn't that inspiration to keep you going.

I've found its all in the mind. If you are hungry, have a glass of water, drinking it slowly so you don't feel nauseous. This should make the feeling go away. But once you're in ketosis you shouldnt be physically hungry only mentally/emotionally. Getting into ketosis is the hardest part, and some people can take a week or so to get there- have you tested for ketosis yet?

I felt hungry a couple of times on day 3-4. My tummy was gurgling and rumbling constantly and I felt really light-headed. My CDC said that I only noticed the gurgling because food dampens the vibrations and noise down so you arent so aware of it, so dont mistake it for real hunger.

Your body doesn't need food for energy if you have more than a stone to lose, as it has enough stored to keep itself working fine- it only needs the nutrients, which we get on the CD, with no need for AAM. If you go for AAM now you risk kicking yourself out of/stopping yourself getting into ketosis, and you will find it hard to get back into SS, especially as you havent got used to the routine yet.

Sorry if this seems negative, but its all reasons why you should stick to SS for the 4 weeks. Look at the inspiration photo thread if you feel like you need to remind yourself of why you're 'putting yourself through' this!

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

thank you all for your sugestions sorry its taken a while to get back to you hubby was on internet last night so i didnt get a chance to come on here. well i made ice cream out of choc tetra last night it was really yummy, i think i will try to make the crisps today see what happens but im feeling alot better today going swimming with my little boy soon so that will help and also burn off some fat i also got some ketostix yesterday and im in the dark purple so yippeeee im defo in ketosis. i think i am holding some water too mabe why i havent lost much but it is TOTM next week so that may explain it. this is my second week ss'ing and is proving to be alot harder than my first. i love coming on here its great tohear all the advise and your all so supportive, thanks very much and ill speak to you all soon x x x x

Well done on sticking it out and being strong, full credit to you.

Good to hear that you're in ketosis but you say your sticks are dark purple? You're probably retaining water cos you should aim to be pink (middle of the scale) increase your water intake and I bet a few more lbs will drop off soon.

Keep up the fantastic work, it's a tough regime thta you're following but the resullts are soooo worth it.

hi yummy

i do pass the bad time also

i do with tetra ice cream and this help me to carry on..

each day one...

keep doing and dont give up..

some weeks are goods some ..not really good but keep doing !!

make a challenge and keep this ..why i did start ?

put this on the fridge ..

good luck

Hi yummy mummy
Seems like you are doing great keep up the good work. The keto stick shouldnt b dark purple though. My cdc told me that means you are dehydrated and you should drink some more water. Try to drink 4L at least and do your test in the morning. Should be pink hopefully.
Goodluck:)

ok thanks, i didnt know that it shouldnt be dark purple am i still in ketois though? ill drink more but im drinking loads as it is, im having a good day today so i feel great x

Yes you are in ketosis but your body will be holding on to water so you need to drink more,The stick should ideally be a light pink(first or second shade of pink is fine)

ok thanks ill try and drink more, thanks for that x x

Back