Nearly had a disaster!!!

Caterpillergirl

Last night was sitting watching TV about 8ish waiting to have my last shake at 9 and my hubby/daughter and her bfriend were all doing other stuff so was on my own,
I don't know if anyone else does this but I sit and think about food I'm going to eat with a nice cup of tea and in my mind go through the motions of it as though it's a done deal!!
Anyway for some reason when I diet I always crave cashew nuts or crisps so went into kitchen and put teabag and SUGAR and MILK (lol) into my cup, boiled water and started to rummage through the cupboards for some cashew nuts. If anyone had come into the kitchen they would have thought
"what the heck are you in here for and what are you doing!"
Suddenly I stopped and thought WHAT AM I DOING.......so went back and sat on my hands until 9pm then had my water and shake and watched Hell's Kitchen with my hubby and the feeling passed,
Annoyed with myself coz I nearly blew it
Phewwwwww :mad::eek:

food

First of all well done for resisting the nuts, and secondly you are not alone, all i think about is food, although as the weeks go on a chicken salad is sounding way more appealing than fatty or sugary treats, what i really want is tomatoes! The trouble with me is that while i have lost weight my husband has gained, as i have become a feeder and cant stop cooking or baking!:8855:

It was only my first day yesterday and I too nearly blew it - managed to contain myself though!
Well done on not giving in!

Hi Katy73
I know what you mean I'm a feeder too.
I keep cooking and baking for the family and there is always food around in the house.
My 17 yr old daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and she has to have a high fat high calorie diet and needs to put on weight at the moment so I'm always cooking for her - she likes home cooked food but her appetite is down right now - so I'm trying to lose it and she's trying to gain it's very hard x

It was only my first day yesterday and I too nearly blew it - managed to contain myself though!
Well done on not giving in!

Well done to you for starting!
I'm on my 11th day now and feeling a lot better than the start.
The thing is I can go to cafe's and McDonalds with everyone and sit and have coffee/water/shakes and be fine but when I'm on my own the food demon takes over so have to be very careful. :sigh::cry:

yep its happend to me too as im a chef i dont like cooking as much as i love baking at home but since strting this diet all me recipe book have come out and im cooking and baking like a mad women my partner loves it tho cause he dont put weight on so he enjoys every minute of it ... i think it great cause i think we are reprograming ourselfs to cook from scratch evrytime instead of taking short cuts which i have done in the past( only for me tho i dont understand it i cook for my family but when it does come to me i used to eat junk food instead of sitting and eating with the family how crazy is that and because of havina new baby i just grabbed what could when could as a quick fix not any more tho so its doin its job by changing the way i think about food xxxxx:)

yep its happend to me too as im a chef i dont like cooking as much as i love baking at home but since strting this diet all me recipe book have come out and im cooking and baking like a mad women my partner loves it tho cause he dont put weight on so he enjoys every minute of it ... i think it great cause i think we are reprograming ourselfs to cook from scratch evrytime instead of taking short cuts which i have done in the past( only for me tho i dont understand it i cook for my family but when it does come to me i used to eat junk food instead of sitting and eating with the family how crazy is that and because of havina new baby i just grabbed what could when could as a quick fix not any more tho so its doin its job by changing the way i think about food xxxxx:)

It's great to know I'm not on my own and this Forum is keeping me going :):)
I feel pretty good this morning though and going to go shopping and look at clothes and see what I'll eventually get in haha
Thanksxxxxxx

What will power!! Well done for resisting temptation :happy096: You should be really proud of yourself x

Thanks for that I feel a lot better today and will try not to get in that disaster zone again lol x

Well done, thats marvellous to resist while you had gone as far as you had. The end results will be so worth it, keep up the great work hun.

Back