nearly lost it in Asda!

Do as I do CG and have your grocery delivered every week.

I have my Asda shopping delivered every Wednesday morning by lovely, friendly, and courteous drivers who bring my shopping right into my kitchen for me.

I would never do a big shop in any supermarket again, home delivery is all stress free and so easy.....

You think that's bad ...

What with my wife and I both losing over 4 stone each, I have found myself getting a little friskier, if you know what I mean (and if you don't, NOW would be a good time to stop reading this post).

Well, the other day, she was wearing a short dress, and bent down right in front of me to get something from the bottom of the freezer.

Well...

without going into too many details, I couldn't resist, I had my wicked way with her then and there ... and we both loved it.

I guess the manager of Iceland felt different though as he kicked us out!! ;)

Got to our local Tesco Extra at just after 6am this morning. Couldn't get down the fresh meat or cooked meat/bacon/sausage aisles as both jam packed with cages and stackers standing about chatting. The bread was just about accesible as was the area in front of the stir fry veg packs.

I got to the till and complained to the checkout guy. He called someone over who took down exactly what I wanted and went and fetched it for me. This person and the checkout guy were very helpful but the rest of them were a bunch of t**ts!

I know stacking shelves of a night isn't fun, I've done it, but they're geting paid!

Laddiesboy - REALY?

and if it is really, weren't you clogging up the aisle, or at the very least restricting access to the freezer lol.

And another thing - (still ranting lol) what about the charity collectors at the tills. I don't mind donating for a good cause, but PLEASE ask me before you start packing my bags. I know they should, but a good many don't, and a smack in the mouth often offends lol.

I only ever got shopping rage when i was pregnant and then i was a lunatic frothing at the mouth and staring down any fool who dared to get in my way. Its probably as i worked in a lot of stores when i was younger so im desensitised to it. On another note can i say that when i was working a till if you were the person who blanked me/chatted on your phone while i politely smiled, greeted you, asked if you would like help packing or packed for you in certain jobs and then threw a £20 note at me at the end. Well then bum to you getting change in your hand it went on the counter, curtesy works both ways people.

I was just about to say that! Respect and courtesy work both ways and if people gave more thought to the poor person behind the till then perhaps they'd be happier in their job and more likely to give better service. I work in customer service in a petrol station and thankfully most of them are so nice and friendly but I remember working in a newsagents earlier this year and they were positively evil! I actually got sacked for telling an old lady to put a handful of 2ps and 1ps in my hand, to which she replied by slamming them down on the counter! Very few people actually enjoy working with customers and it's very poorly paid so next time you get one who seems to have lost the will to live just smile and ask how they are.

I can understand you problems. I shop online now. the extra £4 to pay is so worth the hassle!!

this actually reminds me of my trip to Sainsbury's last night, i went to get oh ben an jerrys as it was on offer and a small bottle of cider for me as we were celebrating, and mad people on the phone i got to the till and this young lad was serving and it was soo maddneing as for each person he had to get authorisation to serve THEM alcohol. If you are not old enough to drink they should not be on the tilll

It's a while ago now, but OH and I had unloaded at a relatively empty till, and then the woman in front got a HUGE handful of coupons out and they all had to be checked against her shopping! There were a good few that were for things she hadn't got and it took about 10 mins including the argument with the manager!

I make a list and am even sad enough to make the list in the order it will appear in the store. Fruit-veggies-meat-cheese yadda yadda. Up one side, down the other and to the tills. As the merecat would say 'shimples'.

Grrr! xxx

Me too! I know exactly where I'm going, what I'm buying and am in and out, no messing. Have to with a 2 year old in tow.

I get panic attacks in busy shops where people dawdle along, blocking the aisles, turning their trolleys without checking who's behind them first so it smacks into you... I could go on and on - and that was just today's experience!

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggh!!!!!

That's better. Thank you.:cool:

I tend to do my shopping within an hour but I do get annoyed at the people who stop dead in the aisles and chat. The other day the person in front of me and the person behind me decided to chat at the tills so I couldnt put my basket down until I said excuse me please (twice)
I rarely shop in tesco because although I find the till staff great I find the customer service staff are completely miss named as a shrug isnt my idea of service.
Then again I am probably what you call a nightmare customer as I put my shopping on mysupermarket.com and print off the list and then as I walk round the store I add it all up and make sure things are the right price and stuff lol

I definitely plan to do it online over the next 4 weeks! The only thing with that is that I'm really fussy about my fruit and veg, and I HATE it when they substitue something with something else that bears no resemblance whatsoever!!:mad:

WEll I go shopping early Sunday morning - around 9am - and must say that is a pleasure. Hardly anyone there and I can zip around no bother at all. Then I head for the cafe for my weekly Asda brekkie complete with wholemeal toast now that I've harrassed them into stocking it :D

I was in Tesco the other day, had a trolley full of stuff, really crammed in almost to the point of overflowing.

There was an elderley lady behind me, with a basket and only a loaf of bread in it.

I asked if it was all she had, and she replied that it was.

So I told her she may as well go to another till as I was gonna be ages ;)

Slightly off topic, but I did have to smile when I was in ASDA today, a woman was standing in front of the strawberries, moaning about how expensive they were when her friend said to her "don't buy them in here, we can pick our own at the place down the road for £2 a punnet". The first woman said "oh that's a good idea, we will stop on the way home".

I don't think they will have much luck at this time of year :D

Back