Nearly the end of our first day!!

MrsLJH

My husband and I started the Exante TS today....it's a massive step for me as I've never been on any type of 'diet' before. We have always eaten quite healthily and exercised but over the last 12 months we have both put on 2 and a half stone each. A busy work and home life meant we didn't find time to exercise, consumed too many convenience foods and way too much alcohol!! A friend of mine has had great success with this plan so my aim is to stick to it for a few months and then slowly introduce healthy foods back into our diet. I know that my other half is gonna stick to it 100% and he has also started jogging again. I'm not too sure about myself though, I have never had much will power :sigh:.

Today I started with a vanilla shake, a toffee and raisin bar for lunch and a Thai Chicken soup for evening meal. The shake and the bar were pretty good, but I really didn't like the soup (my husband loved it) and I forced it down. I have read a few posts on here and I think support from a group will help me greatly. Thanks for letting me bore you xx

Welcome and good luck! It's great you're both doing it - makes life much easier. It's totally worth it.. I'm feeling great already after only 4 weeks. You'll get there!

Welcome am sure you both will do fine !

Nice that you have someone doing it with u,

x

Thanks for your replies, I have spent all evening reading posts on here and it has really helped with motivation and some good tips (plus it's kept me away from the kitchen) I am very impressed with some of the ideas for the packs, like using a chocolate shake and coffee to make a mochachino etc. I would never have thought of that. Thanks again, I'll keep you updated with my progress xx

Edit - PS Well done on your 4 weeks :)

Welcome to you both, makes life easier at home if your both on the plan together.

Good luck

BF

Great to hear your able to do it as a team .... I think it makes it an awful lot easier!! Good luck and looking forward to tracking your progress! x

Wow, people are so nice on here, I wasn't expecting any responses, thanks guys. I have woken up pretty positive today. Just had half a Vanilla pack with a shot of espresso and ice. It was quite nice. I'm gonna clean my daughter's tip of a bedroom now, that should keep me occupied til lunch time. I'm on a career break at the moment so I think I'm gonna find it hard being at home all day without snacking....think I'll take myself to B&Q and get some decorating done :) xx

welcome to the site :) I'm on week 3 and have lost a stone! I'm doing it on my own so find it hard to cook for hubby and kids, you're lucky to have someone to do it with. have a great day, stay strong and stay busy! :) x

Your lucky having other half doing it with you. I'm hoping i can avoid mine when he's stuffing his face with food.

I know I'm only on Day 2 but I am finding it easier as my other half is doing it too, although he did randomly scream last night about 10pm "I'm starving" hahaha.

My Dad is morbidly obese and I have watched him struggle through depression for the last 15 years and I am determined that I am not going to end up like him and let the weight gradually pile on.....I know that sounds dramatic but I have watched it happen to all of my dad's side of the family (My 2 brothers are both skinny little things though, TYPICAL)

I am not hungry at all today, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off and I'll be trying to gnaw my arm off in the next few days. Hopefully you guys can help me through it. I really appreciate your responses xx

CustardTart - Wow a stone in 3 weeks is amazing, well done, that little sentence has given me the motivation I needed for the day xx

Last edited:
Glad day 2 is going well for you. I was doing fine till my work colleague sat down in front of me and ate lasagne from the cafe, it smelt amazing :(

Had 2 shakes so far and loads of water need to keep focussed.

Well done kaz77, it must've been hard to smell real food :) I had the rest of my vanilla shake and half a bar for lunch (I'm gonna save the other half as a dessert after my soup this evening) I've found drinking lots of water quite easy so far, which has surprised me. I had to turn down an invite for tea at my parent's tonight as I know I am not ready to resist my Dad's cooking and a glass of wine yet. I'm at a party at my friends tomorrow night, which is gonna be hard as I am known as the 'party girl' and never refuse alcohol. I have already pre-warned people that I am on antibiotics so can't drink. I haven't told anyone yet that I'm doing Exante. I'll tell them when I'm ready. Stay focused :) xx

Hiya and welcome..
i tell people the exact same thing about antibiotics...just cant be bothered to explain myslf all the time to people..Everyone seems to have a bad opinion of VLCD...Till they get overweight and try them lol... the results speak for themselves..

Its great you have recognised a growing problem weight wise and are tackling it sooner rather than later...So good that your hubby is doing it with you.
Good luck with the rest of the week and look forward to seeing your results from ya first WI xxx

Thanks very much Valentine, I've been overwhelmed with such a lovely response on here. Your weight loss is an inspiration.

I'm hoping that I'm gonna have success and then can gently persuade my Dad to try the Exante plan. He did Lipotrim quite a few years ago and lost a lot of weight, but I don't think he was in the right frame of mind when he came off it and gained it all back. He's currently having counselling sessions as a first step towards a gastric band, but I am 100% against him having surgery, I don't think this will help his 'relationship' with food or get to the root of his problems. I know he can do it and I want to impress him so he can improve his quality of life and his health. (Bloody hell, that was a bit deep for a Thursday afternoon lol)

My WI day is Wednesday and I can't wait :) xx

Well done kaz77, it must've been hard to smell real food :) I had the rest of my vanilla shake and half a bar for lunch (I'm gonna save the other half as a dessert after my soup this evening) I've found drinking lots of water quite easy so far, which has surprised me. I had to turn down an invite for tea at my parent's tonight as I know I am not ready to resist my Dad's cooking and a glass of wine yet. I'm at a party at my friends tomorrow night, which is gonna be hard as I am known as the 'party girl' and never refuse alcohol. I have already pre-warned people that I am on antibiotics so can't drink. I haven't told anyone yet that I'm doing Exante. I'll tell them when I'm ready. Stay focused :) xx

Antibiotics and toothache are going to be used alot in the forthcoming weeks/ months i think as I like you haven't told anyone apart from my hubby.

Antibiotics and toothache are going to be used alot in the forthcoming weeks/ months i think as I like you haven't told anyone apart from my hubby.

Same for me, I just hope people don't think I'm pregnant as that's the only time before that I've come up with excuses for not drinking lol xx

Same for me, I just hope people don't think I'm pregnant as that's the only time before that I've come up with excuses for not drinking lol xx

Haha, snap and untill i manage to stick to Exante for a few weeks i still look it lol

Your doing really really well and sound very positive!! It is hard as you know but it will get easier .... you just have to find things to distract yourself if you start to think about food!! I lost 15lb in four weeks and started my fifth week on Wednesday. Focus on your weigh in day to see your through as it will all be worth it when you step on the scales! Good luck hun xx:D

Thanks Skinniminx. Wow, 15lbs in 4 weeks is brilliant. I got through today with no problem, although I am getting hunger pangs now. Time to have some more water, put my daughter to bed and read a good book I think xx

PS-I'm in Manchester too :)

Good glad to hear your trying to keep occupied .... its difficult!! Just keep filling yourself up with water! Hey where abouts in Manchester do you live? Hope your third day isn't going too bad for you xx

Back