Need 4 more people to make up an eighth team anyone???

im doing day 1 of restart of ss

Me too, getting along with it really well. Not even been tempted to cheat yet :innocent0002:. Just finished week 1, the simplicity of it suits my lifestyle.

LOL...Wow, jumping from no idea to Team Lead, ah sure why not ;)

if anyone else wants to be TL, I'll step aside :p, now we need a name...we could just cut to the chase, and call ourselves The Winners :giggle:

dont you go getting cocky now lil.....we will see who the winners are!!!!

Ok I'm calling it a night...:)....will check back in with my new team tomorrow,,,everybody stay strong..and lets hope we get confirmation of our sixth member :)

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,
A bit premature as not everyone has voted but just thought I'd test drive a signature for our team.... the group hug smileys contain 6 people in it too... so cute!!

Loving your work....way to go :D

I know, I have way too much time on my hands at the moment! Some interesting facts about 8....

* 1 human being out of 8 is a Chinese farmer.

* The number '8' is the atomic number of oxygen.

* A V8 engine has 8 cylinders configured in two rows of 4 forming a "V".

* A polygon with eight sides is an octagon.

* A polyhedron with eight faces is an octahedron.

* October was the eighth month in the Roman calendar; currently August is the eighth month.

* There are eight known B vitamins that play important roles in cell metabolism.

* There are eight bits in a byte.

* 8 is the base of the octal number system, which is mostly used with computers.

* There are 8 vegetables in V8 juice.

* 8 babies delivered in one birth are called octuplets. The first set of eight surviving babies, the Louis-Chukwu Octuplets, were born in 1998.

* Arachnids (spiders), have eight legs.

* An octopus has eight tentacles.

* 8 of the bodies orbiting the Sun in our solar system are considered to be planets.

* Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that humans are responsible for their own actions and sins by the age of 8.

* Scorpio is the 8th astrological sign of the Zodiac.

* There are eight musicians in an octet.

* "Eight maids a-milking" is the gift on the eighth day of Christmas in the "Twelve Days of Christmas" carol.

* In chess, each side has eight pawns.

* Pool is played with 15 balls; the most important ball is the black ball, numbered 8.

* On most phones, the 8 key is associated with the letters T, U, and V, but on the BlackBerry it is the key for B and N.

* In liquid measurement (U.S.), there are 8 fluid ounces in a cup, 8 pints in a gallon, and 8 tablespoons in a gill

* There are 8 furlongs in a mile.

* In cooking recipes, there are approximately 8 pinches to a teaspoon.

* Referring to the shape , 8 is represented in bingo, as "One Fat Lady". 88 is "Two Fat Ladies."

* In China, '8' is used in chat speak as a term for parting. This is due to the closeness in pronunciation of '8' and the English word 'bye'.

* The symbol 8 means eternity or infinity as it has no start and no end.

* '88' is the abbreviated terminology used for the Nazi salute, "Heil Hitler"—"H" being the eighth letter of the alphabet, repeated twice.

* The silver piece of eight was coined in the Spanish Empire and moved trade around the world.

* 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word "prosper". When Chinese businessmen stay in a hotel, they would rather choose rooms with numbers such as: 8, 38, 78, 88, 108 and so on.

Hi SaC...loving your work,,,wow I'm glad we became team eight now lol...gonna go rob from your signature...no news from either of the last two candidates...mmmmm maybe we'll need to advertise for a sixth member after all.

I'm gonna hold off until tonight, to give everybody time to come online outside working hours ;)

hi im here lol does this mean i made the last post or am i to late :)

Hi chalack...welcome aboard

:grouphugg:Team 8 - GR8 M8's losing W8 :grouphugg:

Whats this team thing about?? Can I be your last member?

Whats this team thing about?? Can I be your last member?

:eek: Sorry Pinkdress, we've already got six members :eek:

To be honest, I don't know the full story, but a member called Blue_grapefruit,,suggested a weightloss challenge, and everybody started grouping off into teams of six. I've still to find out when the challenge starts and finishes, but seen as all of us are on diets we can continue to lose whilst we get the finer details.

Hey BBLILSIS so what haooens now, do we just keep checking in on this thread or are you going to start a new thread for out team :)

Hi i have a few team names here, some i know are cheesy but i didnt know if we had a name or not yet so here goes

1. Mission slimpossibles
2.Fat busters
3.Bootie busters
4.Thin 2 win
5.The Shredders
6.Tubby toothfairies
7.Chunky Monkeys
8.The pound droppers
9. The biggest losers
10. Dropping
Inches
Envisioning
Trimmers D.I.E.T.E.R.S
Energetic
Ravishing
Selves

Hey BBLILSIS so what haooens now, do we just keep checking in on this thread or are you going to start a new thread for out team :)

Hi Chalack, keep checking out this thread, and I think we've got a name..its......

:grouphugg:Team 8 - GR8 M8's losing W8 :grouphugg:

Last edited:
Back