Need a buddy!

My birthdays on 11th November! Wow. And i dont really have any plans for tomorrow. I think thats why i normally find it difficult to eat healthy. I just make a sandwhich, roll or cook some noodle and add some spices like chilli, cayenne pepper etc. It gets boring though. My own fault as im too lazy to make anything nice! :eek:

I'm still in the early enthusiasm stage. Although it's beginning to wane. My first struggle this morning, wanted to munch between breakfast and lunch, but drank half a litre of water and went out with the kids to distract myself.

This afternoon I decided to get some exercise in by taking both kids out on the bike for 35 mins (I have a mad rickshaw-type tricycle and both kids sit on the back). Exactly half way out (about 3.5 miles from home), the chain broke!!! I was gutted. Had to jog / walk home again...well, at least I got my exercise in. But now I've had my tea and I'm still hungry. I've got about 400kcal left for tonight so maybe an omlette or bowl of porridge - need something filling.

How are you doing today?

Im fine thanks! Hope your doing well. Im starting to get hungry, especialy after now. Just done 30mins exercise. I think il go munch on some fruit. Ive got 550kcal left and dont even have a clue on what to eat tonight. Silly me.

How bizarre, my daughters 5 on 18th June, about 3 weeks away! When was yours born?

Thank you for sharing your menu. I have foods I have to avoid too - can't have real chocolate (fine with a low fat bar, but couldn't control myself with the real stuff), bizarrely can't have rice cakes either (will eat the whole packet, with butter on top, yum) and def. no white bread in our house. Nor crisps. Nor biscuits. Actually, now I think about it, the list is quite long! The kids tend to get treats that I don't like (e.g. minirolls). Going to be harder when they're older, but hopefully I'll be more in control then.

I have to confess, I eat loads. I tend to have between 1300-1500 kcals a day (mind you, this is only my fifth day!) and try to do 30-60 mins exercise a day.

Hey, yeah how strange! My daughter's birthday is the 24th, so its only a few days after your daughters!! Ive just booked her b.day party, a bigger one than usual so she can invite her nursery friends that she wont see when at school, so its costing an arm and a leg, one of they soft play areas. Does your daughter start school this year? Mines does, im up at the school tomorrow for her first visit, im soooo nervous...hehe im gonna be a nervous wreck on her 1st real day. How many kids you got?

Sounds like you have a pretty good diet already, you should see good results without dropping your calories any more. Especially with the exercise too. I really hate exercising so much, I hate feeling sweaty..but i know i have to do it, I try and make it entertaining by watching the telly when doing it (exercise bike)

I was very suprised that I lost 4lbs this week, as a few days before weigh in i had a big greggs tuna baguette and a strawberry tart, it was soooo delicious i was sure i wouldnt lose as much, but i did, i lost more than i have in a few weeks actually...the day i ate that, i counted the baguette at 300 and the tart at 300 though its probably more. Just goes to show you, you can treat yourself and still see a difference.

Good luck and keep me posted!!
:)

Hey Littlemiss

Wow you've lost 3 stones. Thats great! If you can lose 3 stones, you can certainly lose 4! And i think you're doing so well with the 1000 cals. I'll never be able to do that! Do you ever feel light headed? Sometimes i do. I consume 1300 a day, sometimes less.

Hey, thanks so much, its been very hard, harder than I thought but more worth it than I thought. if that makes sense. I think anyone could do the 1000 cals a day, it was recommended to me by my doctor. Sometimes got light headed on my first couple of weeks, my energy levels are brilliant, i dont have to sit for an hour after a meal before i move, as my portion sizes alot smaller. I was thinking the other day about how I actually feel lighter as, when im walking and moving around which is great!!

What sort of things do you eat for 1300 cals? Thats not too far off what I eat, im getting so fed up recently with the things iv been eating, need new ideas!!

Hi littlemiss.

My 4 year old is my eldest daughter, the other one is 3 (they're 18 months apart). Eldest started school last year (can't believe she's nearly finished reception!), she's one of the youngest in her class, but there are quite a few young ones in her class so I wasn't too worried.

The first week was tougher on parents than on kids! I found it soooo hard, and then, about one week into second term, she didn't even want me to walk her in any more, I just stood in the playground feeling lost...but she does love it. She asked to go back when she was sick! Her sister was v. jealous - she's desperate to start but can't go till Sept 2010...

Have you got any more children?

We're doing a joint birthday party with someone in her class, to save on cost (because its a small school they tend to invite the whole of the class, which can really add up). We've booked a disco :)

mmm strawberry tart mmmmm...

Wow, that's a lot of calories left. Go have a mars bar! No, sorry, I shouldn't encourage that...! How many calories have you had total?

Im on 1300kcals a day. And i would LOVE to have eaten a mars bar, but il stay away from it. Or else it'll go straight to my backside :p haha

Hey, thanks so much, its been very hard, harder than I thought but more worth it than I thought. if that makes sense. I think anyone could do the 1000 cals a day, it was recommended to me by my doctor. Sometimes got light headed on my first couple of weeks, my energy levels are brilliant, i dont have to sit for an hour after a meal before i move, as my portion sizes alot smaller. I was thinking the other day about how I actually feel lighter as, when im walking and moving around which is great!!

What sort of things do you eat for 1300 cals? Thats not too far off what I eat, im getting so fed up recently with the things iv been eating, need new ideas!!

I eat boring food haha. Noodles with different spice, sandwhichs, rolls, pasta *only a little* with dairylea light cheese and lots of salad! I just make things up as i go. And i snack on fruit, no problems with that as i love fruit! But I need new ideas also. Im getting bored with what i eat.

Hi littlemiss.

My 4 year old is my eldest daughter, the other one is 3 (they're 18 months apart). Eldest started school last year (can't believe she's nearly finished reception!), she's one of the youngest in her class, but there are quite a few young ones in her class so I wasn't too worried.

The first week was tougher on parents than on kids! I found it soooo hard, and then, about one week into second term, she didn't even want me to walk her in any more, I just stood in the playground feeling lost...but she does love it. She asked to go back when she was sick! Her sister was v. jealous - she's desperate to start but can't go till Sept 2010...

Have you got any more children?

We're doing a joint birthday party with someone in her class, to save on cost (because its a small school they tend to invite the whole of the class, which can really add up). We've booked a disco :)

mmm strawberry tart mmmmm...

Hey,

Wow, I can't believe your daughter has started school already!! There must be different rules for up here in Scotland...where are you from? Was trying to think of how to explain how it works here...got confused myself so I copied this from Glasgow City Council website.

Entry into a primary school within the city takes place once a year in August
Your child will automatically be admitted to school at that time if their fifth birthday falls between 1 March of the same year and the last day of February of the following year

Wierd eh!

Also, what do you mean by your daughter finished reception? I am dreading mines starting school but not because I think she'll be upset, because i'll be upset, I work part time just now, but I cant bear for her to be away from me every day. Visit to the school went well, its a small school only 20 P1's so i'm really pleased, plus they have a swimming pool, not the best of area's but still a good school.

Brilliant idea about the party!! My parents offered me their garden for a bouncy castle and party, but the weather is so unpredictable. Party all paid for today £77 for 11 children hour and half soft play and half an hour food and party games, plus free party bags...not bad i worked it out to be more!

Yeah just the 1 kid....too skint for a second!! You must have your hands full with your 2. At least you'll get a wee break when eldest at school?

I eat boring food haha. Noodles with different spice, sandwhichs, rolls, pasta *only a little* with dairylea light cheese and lots of salad! I just make things up as i go. And i snack on fruit, no problems with that as i love fruit! But I need new ideas also. Im getting bored with what i eat.

Hi, your diet is pretty similar to mine. I still eat bread as a slice is between 80-100 cals. And i absolutely love cheese, but i've had to cut it out all together as I cant just have one bit. I still buy low fat cheese slices as they r not quite as addictive.

I tend to eat most of my food at night time, which is suprising considering my weight loss, the whole eating late at night makes u put on weight obviously doesnt apply to me..hehe i have my dinner quite late and a snack later on, muller rice is quite good for a treat. God i've run out of ideas. Its too hard to find different things when ur limited by cals.

Oooh I love eating at night time. I tend to basically have two small dinners rather than one large one, one at 5pm with my girls (I'm usually hungry by then anyway) and one at 8pm once they're in bed, usually followed by nibbles (e.g. yoghurt, raisins, nuts if I have enough calories left, hot choc etc.) I'd feel so deprived if I couldn't have food in the evening.

Hi, your diet is pretty similar to mine. I still eat bread as a slice is between 80-100 cals. And i absolutely love cheese, but i've had to cut it out all together as I cant just have one bit. I still buy low fat cheese slices as they r not quite as addictive.

I tend to eat most of my food at night time, which is suprising considering my weight loss, the whole eating late at night makes u put on weight obviously doesnt apply to me..hehe i have my dinner quite late and a snack later on, muller rice is quite good for a treat. God i've run out of ideas. Its too hard to find different things when ur limited by cals.

I love cheese too! I havent stopped eating cheese but i have cut down on it. I used to have my dinner shockingly late, around 11-12! But i go to bed at 3 or 4. Now i have my dinner around 9. And try to go bed earlier. Im a night person which is a bad habbit. Makes me want to snack even more!

Hey guys, thanks for your support over the last week but I'm about to depart this forum for a bit (although I will keep an eye on it).

Sadly, I well and truly fell off the wagon - I must have consumed around 6000 calories in the last two days...:(

I've decided to switch, just for the next 28 days. I love calorie counting and will be back here for maintenance, but I will be more motivated by a quicker weight loss, and I need less choice, not more at the moment, so I've signed up for 28 days on Go Lower. I'm hoping that paying lots of money that I can't afford will give me a kick up the proverbial...;)

Wishing you lots of luck on Calorie counting and hope to see you here in a month or two's time...

I love cheese too! I havent stopped eating cheese but i have cut down on it. I used to have my dinner shockingly late, around 11-12! But i go to bed at 3 or 4. Now i have my dinner around 9. And try to go bed earlier. Im a night person which is a bad habbit. Makes me want to snack even more!

Yeah im the same, im a night owl, and can never go to bed before 2am, even if im up at 6.30 for work. I used to eat my dinner at 11pm too...or should i say 2nd dinner...hehe.

;)

Hey guys, thanks for your support over the last week but I'm about to depart this forum for a bit (although I will keep an eye on it).

Sadly, I well and truly fell off the wagon - I must have consumed around 6000 calories in the last two days...:(

I've decided to switch, just for the next 28 days. I love calorie counting and will be back here for maintenance, but I will be more motivated by a quicker weight loss, and I need less choice, not more at the moment, so I've signed up for 28 days on Go Lower. I'm hoping that paying lots of money that I can't afford will give me a kick up the proverbial...;)

Wishing you lots of luck on Calorie counting and hope to see you here in a month or two's time...

Dont worry. I know you'll be able to pick yourself back up. Hope Go Lower goes well.

Hey Littlemiss

Hows counting calories going? Havent been on the forum for a few days. Was enjoying the beautiful weather.

Hey Littlemiss

Hows counting calories going? Havent been on the forum for a few days. Was enjoying the beautiful weather.

Hey, lucky you!! Its been really warm here but iv been working so not really seen any of it.

Calorie counting same as usual, my weight stayed the same this week which was a bit of a dissapointment. I'm gonna keep going though as I know it will even itself out.

Hows your diet been going?

Hey Girls,

I started CC when i joined this website, Failed that then went to slimfast, failed that and now i'm back to CC. Feeling really low at the mo just want to get this weight off and stick to some sort of plan. So today i'm starting Calorie shifting/CC. For the next 12 days i have set myself a challenge to be 100%, meaning no takeaways, only drinking water or green tea, maybe the odd diet drink. Only salad and veg with my meals instead of chips.

Really need to get this weight off. Ihave 6 stone to lose. I am going to take this 7lbs at a time.

Goodluck to me and you lol

MrsMe xXx

You can do it! Massive good luck to you!! :D

Calorie counting same as usual, my weight stayed the same this week which was a bit of a dissapointment. I'm gonna keep going though as I know it will even itself out.

Hey littlemiss your stats are similar to mine and we've been dieting around the same amount of time too - interestingly we've both stayed the same around week 18..........??!!

Back