Need a good kick

siobhan23

Hi,
As the title states I need a good kick and some motivation!!! I started this diet two weeks ago and couldn't believe I lost 8lbs in the first week, I was so so happy and pleased it worked the same as Cambridge even tho I was having a dinner at night and milk in my coffee!

I then hit a problem in my life and reached straight away for the chocolate!!!!! It then went on a downward spiral from there and fast forward 9 days off the diet and I am back to the weight I started!! For the last 3 morning I have started with the porridge and yesterday even got to he evening and then I jut gave in!!

I really only have a short time to lose the weight as I am about I start ivf in may! I have an appointment at the hospital on the 13th and wanted to have lost a stone by then which is now not going to happen but I will settle for 8 lbs and then hopefully lose the rest after. I don't have too much to lose 1 st 6lbs would be amazing but as long as I get a stone off. I need to stop the diet beginning of April as I will be starting drugs for the ivf and I don't want to put my body under too much strain! But on the other hand I know the drugs will work so much better if I get my weight down!

i guess as soon as I put pressure on myself to lose weight I just go into a binge mode and I need to just get my head in the right place!! You would think that having something to lose the weight for would motivate me more but it seems to work the other way round!!

I thought by writing on here it might give me the kick I need!! I might start a journal as well, have any of you founds good ways of sticking to it!

thanks for reading and I hope you are all well.
s xx

:asskick: there's your kick. I've found making a pinterest board had helped me so far when I'm feeling a bit wobbly. I've also taken some of the pictures and quotes and printed them out to stick on my wall so I can always look at them. I know someone on here has a little gremlin picture they've put in their purse and on the fridge door as a food gremlin. Maybe write out a list of reasons why you want to lose weight and stick that on the fridge or cupboard doors so whenever you're tempted you'll see that and remember why you're doing it. Good luck.

I think the best thing that i can probably come up with is just to take one day at a time. If you are wavering, one day isnt so bad to stick to it? tell yourself that you can do this for one whole day... no cheating, no off plan, nothing. one day isnt hard to do, but think how proud of yourself you will feel after that one day..... then tomorrow you can do it again... and each day that goes past it will become easier, and you will not want to throw away the hard work of the days before.

of course, unfortunately you will have to get back into ketosis now which means that the next few days will be a bit crappy, but you have done it once and know what to expect. think of that lovely little baby at the end of everything, and just take one day at a time...

good luck x

Thank you so much cheery blossom and lulu for the helpful advice, just been reading posts for the last hour and feeling very motivated!

going to take a look at Pinterest and that's great advice about taking it one day at a time! Day one half way there!!!

s x

I've been doing this for ages- good day, bad day...much self kicking attempted.

my current tactic is a chart which i put smiley face stickers on on good days and a cross through on bad days. This is based on someone else's post which basically said to look at the bigger picture; there might be 2 big black crosses but there are 8 smiley yellow stickers too. So far, this is working for me as I'm a real one for giving up just because I've had one bad day.

Someone else pointed out that, if you have a bunch of flowers and one of them dies but the others are fine, you throw out the one, not the whole bunch. This has really helped me too- one mouthful of kids tea isn't going to break my diet (I don't have to throw the rest of the bunch away too).

So far, so good. Good luck to you.x

It's really hard to stay motivated and on track when things go pear shaped, I've had rubbish losses the past few weeks and as much as I wanted to just scrap everything because it's slow and annoying and frustrating and arrrghhh just get a pizza sort of thing... I know that scrapping it won't solve my weight issue lol :( nor will eating pizza or some other junk...

A list of all the reasons you are doing this is a great idea.... on the fridge.... on cupboards.... I have a pic I HATE on my phone and laptop so when I'm tempted I look at it....

Maybe have a motivational pic.... That you can look at to remind you of why you are doing this..... X

Back