NEED A HUG *SOBS*

RED

:cry: After a good 4 days...a pink stick (yaaay)...DISASTER!!:break_diet:
I put Tabasco sauce in my soup and lo and behold by thursday morning I was out of ketosis..I struggled pretty much all day friday, had all my shakes by 2pm...I started work at 4pm so I thought I'd be okay once there...noooooooo
All I could think of was that I was no longer in ketosis I was hungry beyond belief, I unfortunately had my cash card on me (which is one thing I never do in the first few weeks) and succumbed to the hunger...I feel like crap now!!! I knew I was having family over today so I thought what the hell I might aswell eat through the weekend and re-start monday...
I'm struggling so much I have just been told by my GP I will need to loose weight as I have just dicovered that I may need IVF (WHICH IS BREAKING MY HEART) My husband lives in the Caribbean where I was too until when I decided to come to England and work for a few months and go back...a few months have turned into a whole year!!! I miss my husband sooooo much and even though I have visited twice those visits have only made things harder, since my last trip in february I have comfort eaten and put on 2st... 1 of which I have managed to shift....My husband and I keep arguing, I know its the distance but I feel like everything around me is falling apart..all I do is work and come home and Im always by myself,so food has been my only comfort...but its destroying me!!! My husband is just a man..he thinks everything is ok, me being fat is ok..we need IVF he doesnt want to talk about it, I'm lonely its ok!!! He has no clue!!
Sorry to bare my soul and rant but I got no one else to tell at the moment!!:wave_cry:

Aww hun....so so sorry you're feeling so low :(

we're all here for you...so rant away !

BIG HUGS to you.....:hug99:

love

Debz
xx

Red - you're only human so don't feel crap. I'm sending you the biggest hug as you need it ooooxxxoooo
Trish

Things will get better with you husband, with the diet, everything!!

You're feeling low at the moment thinking everything is negative and it's amplified and so seems so much worse. Try and relax have a nice warm bath and just try to forget about things even if only for 5 minutes.

Helen

aww big hugs for you. Have a nice bath with bubbles and get an early night.
Re the lonliness can you get out to an evening class or excercise class a couple of times a week to decrease your feeling of isolation?
Just start again on LL and put it behind you - tomorrow is a new day...

Oh Red I really feel for you, don't worry about the eating - you'll be right back into the swing of it tomorrow and just kick yourself back into abstinence.

Re you and your hubby arguing - please don't worry about it, it's just the strain of being so far apart from each other, you will sort it out and be back as good as you were before.

(((hugs)))

Cath

Thanks all...feeling a bit better now...gonna go and take that nice hot bath and chill out...Hopefully I can...no sorry I WILL put everything back into perspective in the morning!!
Thanks again... *hugs all*

Hi Red,

Don't be so hard on yourself. :grouphugg:

Tomorrow is a brand new day and you can put today behind you and move on.

Love Mini xxx

Aww Red I'm sorry you are feeling so bad, you are doing so well, just keep going & you will feel better.
We all get bad days on this diet, but the good days usually outweigh the bad.
I hope you are feeling better today.
Take care.

Hope you had a good sleep and are feeling better today.

Sending you lots of (((((hugs))))) too.

Much love

Feeling ready to get back on track...I have my meeting tonight, I dont mind telling the counsellor what happened but I must admit I do feel a bit funny to admit to the goup that I'm up this week!! Do I just say what has happened - I dont want to unsettle them or make them panic about the tabasco...???

:cry: After a good 4 days...a pink stick (yaaay)...DISASTER!!:break_diet:
I put Tabasco sauce in my soup and lo and behold by thursday morning I was out of ketosis..I struggled pretty much all day friday, had all my shakes by 2pm...I started work at 4pm so I thought I'd be okay once there...noooooooo
All I could think of was that I was no longer in ketosis I was hungry beyond belief, I unfortunately had my cash card on me (which is one thing I never do in the first few weeks) and succumbed to the hunger...I feel like crap now!!! I knew I was having family over today so I thought what the hell I might aswell eat through the weekend and re-start monday...
I'm struggling so much I have just been told by my GP I will need to loose weight as I have just dicovered that I may need IVF (WHICH IS BREAKING MY HEART) My husband lives in the Caribbean where I was too until when I decided to come to England and work for a few months and go back...a few months have turned into a whole year!!! I miss my husband sooooo much and even though I have visited twice those visits have only made things harder, since my last trip in february I have comfort eaten and put on 2st... 1 of which I have managed to shift....My husband and I keep arguing, I know its the distance but I feel like everything around me is falling apart..all I do is work and come home and Im always by myself,so food has been my only comfort...but its destroying me!!! My husband is just a man..he thinks everything is ok, me being fat is ok..we need IVF he doesnt want to talk about it, I'm lonely its ok!!! He has no clue!!
Sorry to bare my soul and rant but I got no one else to tell at the moment!!:wave_cry:

Babe, it's OK. Every day is a new start, a new opportunity to succeed. One thing I do a whole lot less is live by the ketostix. I used to check every day and then when I wasn't in ketosis I'd do what you did in spectacular fashion. Staying away from ketostix has helped me a great deal. Ketostix only tell a minute bit of the story .....

You can do this. Do it for you; your husband (show hm why you'd feel better slim and healthy) and your future child.

((((hugs))))

cah ching xx

Feeling ready to get back on track...I have my meeting tonight, I dont mind telling the counsellor what happened but I must admit I do feel a bit funny to admit to the goup that I'm up this week!! Do I just say what has happened - I dont want to unsettle them or make them panic about the tabasco...???

Trfy to be reassuring. I don't think the Tobasco sauce kicked you out of ketosis. I think the Ketostix just showed you weren't in ketosis and thats why you fell off the wagon.
Try to reassure them of that ....

Cheers and more ((((hugs))) :D

CC

Hiya red,
glad to hear you're feeling more positive today :D

I agree with Caching about ketosis, and like her if they don't turn pink, can send me right off the rails :eek: sometimes if you test not long after a pack the sticks can read that you're not in ketosis, but it'd be the carbs in the pack.. If you are gonna test, best time is first wee of the morning. Having said that, try and steer clear of them! so long as you are sticking to the rules, you'll be in ketosis and losing weight :p

Personally, I would discuss it at your group, so you can get the support you need...

good luck
x

Good that you're feeling better. Just start again, be honest (thats what group is about!) & look forward! Big hugs!

Wow - sounds like you have a lot going on in your life!!

I would try not to put too much pressure on yourself at the moment. I too get very wound up about the ketosis/sticking to it thing and it all swells up in my head until I get myself in a right tizzy!

I did a bit of research into the ketosis sticks actually, for that reason, it seems that they're not at all a 100% accurate way of reading for ketones. All kinds of things can mean they don't show a reading. I have fallen off the wagon before after thinking I was out of ketosis. I probably wasn't but psychologically I felt I was damned anyway!! My advice would be to ignore the sticks (as others have said). Try to relax about the diet and see buying/preparing food as one less worry in your life and the packs as a positive thing that mean you can focus less on that and get on with all the rest of what you have to do. (I know easier said than done and I also fell off the wagon yesterday - again - but hey - I'm only human too right?!)

We're all going to make it through this whether in 14 weeks, 14 months or 14 years but these days thanks to sites like this and things like group counselling we can do it with fantastic support networks and we know that we need never do it alone! :)

Good morning Red - glad you're feeling a little brighter today :) As others have said ....I don't think the tabasco would've kicked you outta letosis....maybe you weren't IN ketosis....:confused: :rolleyes: I actually advise my clients not to get too hung up on the ketostix...they're just one part of the process....and sometimes aren't accurate....you'll know if you're losing weight that the plan is working - you can't fail on this diet IF you stick with it...!

AND the fact that you've already lost 87lbs !!! :D shows that you CAN stick with it - well done you - have faith on yourself - you've done sooo well to get this far :)

I see you're off to Tobago in 6months or so....that will be FAB ! try focussing on the positive things in your life....and not the negative....on what you HAVE achieved...and not on the things you slipped up on....you've done GREAT so far :D

look forward to hearing more of your successes....:D

lotsa love

Debz
xx

Back