Need advice about L/T And my job.

amethyst

Banned
Hi guys, I have taken the plunge and am starting L/T tomorrow. I did cambridge before and nearly got to goal, but I had a baby blah blah.. :rolleyes:

Anyway. I am a care worker, I only work 4 evenings a week and alternative weekends (all day). I am not working this weekend hence why I am starting it tomorrow (friday).

Well anyway, I am so busy with my job, and I end up sweating, and feeling exhausted anyway, And rushing around to get to my next call too don't help.

At my weight and height I will be doing same as I was on c/d and that is 2 shakes plus a soup. Shall I also have some chicken breast and green veg/leaves too for the calories? OR do it completely s/s ?

Just don't want to be fainting on my clients... :eek:

Can't wait to start anyway, cus I know it works... :love047:

I have the same problems. Work for the nhs in a hosp kitchen. Constantly on my feet and on the go for 7.5 hours. My days 4 and 5 will fall on my next shifts. (this weekend) Im going to try having a shake whilst im there and see how i go. Will update!

Shame L/T don't do tetra's a?

I am terrified of nuts, I know I know but I just have a fear of them, (witnessed someone having a reaction when I was younger) So to scared to buy flapjack etc cus of the nuts.

I am 100% certain that when I have succeeded my second week with L/T I will be going to see my old CD counciler and doing CD again, as the choice is much better, It's just that the lady I had CD from is a bit far away, There are closer ones, but she is old school and is the best and cheapest.. But I don't wish to mess her around if I don't stick to it, hence why doing L/T first.

Hard going in it being on our feet all the time. How do you manage? I dread next weekend cus I will be working from 6.45am-9.30ish pm sat and sun with a few hours break in between. (hence why tetra's would come in handy) .

Honestly, I think if you enter into it already thinking you need extra you won't succeed. Try for a week and see how you go but I really think LT was designed as an all or nothing type of plan.

You probably will still lose weight adding a chicken breast or the like but it will be much easier to fall back into bad snacking habits if you are eating, in my opinion.

Good luck with your first few days xx

I think you will be fin just doing the shakes/soups, I am a support worker and do long hard shifts too, i have had no problem, just 1st few days are hard, but i have loads of energy, good luck

Hi, I do heavy baking in a hot kitchen three days per week, 8 til 3 with a 10 min break if i'm lucky. I have brekky at 9 on the go and lunch at 2(sometimes get to sit down for 10 mins) It certainly isn't easy and I feel very frazzled and have to lie down when I get home. If you don't think the shakes will be enough, then this diet isn't for you, sounds like you are setting yourself up to fail. Choose another method that's more kind to your body.

Back