Need advice, done SS+ for 2 weeks, really want to reintroduce food, too early??

I'm about to see my CD counsellor at the end of Week 2. I lost 6lb in the first week, and think I have then lost more since then.

However, I am finding it really difficult to sustain motivation to keep on SS, and am wondering if I can reintroduce some limited food but still lose weight, albeit more gradually?

I had set myself the target of achieving a health BMI, which would be down from 31 to 25, but this will take a lot longer than the initial morale boosting 10lb.

I'm actually fairly happy with the weight I've already lost, as it's brought me down to fit all my Size 16 clothes. If I didn't lose any more it wouldn't be disastrous, but I suppose it would be healthier to lose more.

Has anyone else got any words of advice or shared experience that might help me make the decision? I've read as many threads as I can find already from the forum, but haven't seen much discussion of this issue.

Thank you for reading this.

Cloudspotter
x

You can have food on SS+ anyway, albeit small meals.Chicken and green salad or vegetables. Have a chat to your CD counsellor, you could step up to a different plan and you'll still lose, maybe just a bit slower. You haven't got masses to lose anyway and if you're not bothered either way, you have nothing to worry about.

I'm better not having to think about food at all so SS+ with skimmed milk suits me fine.

Best of luck either way

Thanks timsmom, I think that's what I'll do. I really think I've taken my first step towards cracking the snacking that I'm sure has got me in this situation.

I'm literally terrified after reading some horror stories about weight gain after Cambridge, so I want to up my food intake as soon as possible, to make sure it's not going to be impossible to get into a healthy balance.

Mind you, this first two weeks has been an amazing inspiration to lose weight and keep it off. I'm really thrilled with it at this point in time.

x

Back