need advice, i have a big work ball next week

hi all

i am on day 9, done so well first weigh in
feeling great today and so looking forward to wed night weigh in

well i have a big posh ball next saturday and i really want to eat something!
i am planning to "ss" until sat, i will have a 3 packs

our meal is all planned, i am planning to skip starter
eat wee bit of main course which is steak with peppercorn sauce
I will eat veg and leave whatever potatos are there

skip pudding - ooohhh i do hope i can do that!

Black coffee!!!!!

wohoooo

drinking wise im fine with, sparkiling and water will do me!

will i feck ma body up? will i feel sick? ill?

if i "ss" straight next day, do you think i will still get somesort of loss????

thanks
x

Difficult one.. I planned that on my hen day yesterday and found, despite my original intentions, I didn't leave the new potatoes and I didn't ignore the pudding..

Can you ask them to serve you a meal without potatoes etc so you dont get tempted? And maybe ask for a chicken breast - say you dont eat beef or something, a lot of people dont.. If you then have your green and white veg you should be better off than having to pick your way through the steak etc!

Good luck!

Hi

That is sooo not worth jeapordising your diet for.

The psychological effects will be phenomonal. You won't be able to resist the potatoes, starters, bread or the dessert - if you're anything like the majority of dieters!!

You can easily enjoy the evening by just having a CD bar at the meal.

Yes it's harsh. Yes it's unfair. But you'll be sooooo glad and grateful the following morning - and at your next weigh in.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but people who break the diet early on find it horrifically difficult to continue to the end.

Your choice though.

Hey!

I'm with Karen. I broke the diet this weekend big time styleee ....

I thought I had the willpower to eat in moderation ... turns out I didn't have :wave_cry:. You will feel so much better being strong and having your CD bar than trying to pick around your plate ..... remove all temptation and you will suceed.

Like Karen said it is harsh, but some steak and sauce will lead to desert, alcohol and before you know where you are it's a bit of something to munch on way home or room service and you're back to square one!

It's your call, but I certainly won't be doing it again xxx

thanks for all your replies

this is actually the longest and most positive i have felt and a diet!
Yes i know only day 9, but thats a lot for me

i will be able to swap the beef for chicken, so maybe chicken will be better!

i think i know im gonna do it, and secretly thats getting me thru the next 7 days!

Well done VDTT, that's the spirit!!!

need to add that im actually leaving the company too, so this will be the last time im with my collegues on a work outing!

its my leaving night too.
def no alcohol will pass my lips, i even done that last night. all girls were drinking wine and eating pringles
i was fine

i dont actually miss drinking!

i am moving 250 miles away, so this may be the last time i see a lot of folk, i just wanted to enjoy the evening

Back