need advice on what route to take??

Charisma

Silver Member
im not sure i want to carry on with classes anymore as i usualy just go pay get weighed then leave. i not longer see the point in payin £5 when i no longer enjoy the classes, and can put the money towards something else. basicaly its been my birthday so had a week off. im desperate to jump right back on the wagon. is it just as easy to stay motivated if you dont go to class?? or does it make you forget the reasons for starting in the first place. im really struggling at the moment soo pleasseee help me!! :sigh:

im not sure i want to carry on with classes anymore as i usualy just go pay get weighed then leave. i not longer see the point in payin £5 when i no longer enjoy the classes, and can put the money towards something else. basicaly its been my birthday so had a week off. im desperate to jump right back on the wagon. is it just as easy to stay motivated if you dont go to class?? or does it make you forget the reasons for starting in the first place. im really struggling at the moment soo pleasseee help me!! :sigh:

Hi hun I dont really see the point in you going to class if you dont want to be there. Loads of people do it on there own with the support of here why not give that a go.

I've never been to a class, and I've remained on plan and 100% motivated since February, and have lost just under 3 stone.

Do you HAVE to go to class every week? Or could you just check i every few weeks, to keep up to date with things?

I need the WI at class to keep me 100%, if I was doing it at home I'd find it too easy to convince myself flexi syns were ok once a week or something.
I've lost a lot of weight calorie counting before starting class but now I've got less to lose and it's harder to get rid of I need to be extra good and class pushes me to do that.
As the others say though everyone is different and there are people on here doing well on their own. It depends what suits you, if you can go it alone you might as well save your money for other things.

Have you tried staying to class? It helps when you hear others, how they have done and people usually jump in with help if it's needed.
If you really feel that you don't want to go, this seems to be a really good forum for help and I'm sure you will get an enormous amount of support here.
A lot of people seem to manage very well without the classes.

well, i forced myself to go tonight and my weigh in wasnt half as bad as i expected. but im still unsure the class isnt allll that bad i just find it abit boring and pointless at times. but its the weigh in i like and knowing i have to go at the same time everyweek does me good cause if i didnt i would be like 'ahh im having a fat day ill weigh myself tomoro' so maybe ill give it another couple weeks and see how i feel. i think my problem is ive just lot alot of motivation at the moment and need a boost

I think everyone is different, it depends on your will power. I have tried to do it on my own many times and failed, i am too flexible with my syns every day. So i go to class. After my bad week there i wasn't going to go and just give up but i went today and even though i had a gain, i came away feeling very motivated. If i never had my good talk with my consultant i would just have stayed off track. However there is a good number of people on this forum who do it on their own and do very well and have lost lots of weight. Good luck whatever you decide

Hi, I don't go to class and am going alone apart from the wonderful support on here of course!!!

I have stayed on plan since september and have lost 20lb. I did go to class years ago but did not enjoy them and it didn't work for me but this way does. Good luck with your journey!:)

i can't do it without going to get weighed if i just weigh myself it doesn't matter what i am cause no one sees it. and if i have to pay 5 pound to stay slim its a bargin cause without class i would slow stop sw.
could u maybe try a different class some r better than others. esp the smaller ones cause they have more time to talk food also some do like what they have been eating which helps

I have decided to do this plan on my own, mainly because I cant afford £5 a week to stand on a set of scales, when I have some at home.
When I did attend classes though, I stayed every week religiously and enjoyed swapping meal ideas with other members of class. I still keep in touch with some of the members too.
Minimins is working for me!!
Good luck with what ever you decide, although you need to do whats best for you, get what ever demons you are figting with sorted out first, then concentrate on an eating plan when you are ready.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xx

I would totally lose my focus if I didn't go to group. For me it would be so easy to "forget" to weigh myself that week because I had been a bit naughty. I also like to hear how everyone else is doing and I enjoy participating in helping other members who may be struggling. I do know that the leader plays a big part in how good Image Therapy is. It can make all the difference between a class that you love and one you really don't have your heart in (if that makes sense?) Are there any other classes in your area that you could try?

I think it all boils down to the type of consultant/leader (not sure the official term) and the other members at the group. If other members are open and chatty and the leader is really motivating then this encourages you a lot to go each week, this is how I feel about my group.

Whereas last year when I joined for a few weeks the consultant wasn't that great, I found her a bit depressing and she kept repeating the same 'ideas' like lasagne crisps and things like that... I got the impression she didnt really keep herself up-to-date on new recipes etc! Anyway my group this time round is fab, it's massive and I always have a real laugh :D

Hiya Charisma!

I have to say i am an avid believer in that if you want to get the most out of slimming world then you need to stay to classes to benefit, i understand the " no enjoyment " on occasions and that it gets very monotinous but after joining again 3 weeks ago i see SW in a totally different frame of mind now, i participate more, help other people, get ideas, exchange recipes, cook!, and loads more so i think the class is what you make it really, i always come out buzzing after a good chinwag with people...

Classes are a must in my book else whats the point????

=0)

I dont think classes are a must, the point is Cheeks that you can lost weight either way.

But its not for everyone, I know. I really enjoy weighing in at Tesco using their digital scales that give me a printed reading. I keep them every week and show the result to my DH.

At the end of the day if you convince yourself to have extra syns the only person youre cheating is you, whether or not you go to class. I firmly believe in the SW diet as a whole so its an indiviual choice as to whether to go or not, but definitely go if youve never done SW before.

I really enjoy weighing in at Tesco using their digital scales that give me a printed reading. I keep them every week and show the result to my DH.

That's a good idea! I'm fed up with my scales at home showing 4 different weights in the space of 2 minutes! Sometimes there's a 2 pound difference which is ridiculous! I thought digital scales were supposed to be accurate! How much does it cost to do that at Tesco?

i was thinkin of doing a weigh in at tesco or boots once a week but its harder to stick to it if i know i can do it anytime i please. i woke up today and went for a jog as i was feelin down and its given me abit of a boost so i think i have officialy jumped back on the wagon!! (and feeling much happier about it):) Thanks guys x

Back