Need advice-part 2

elida

Today, I went for a massage thinking I deserved a nice treat..
After the session, she asked me if I recently lost weight, I asked how she knew.. apparently I am very 'soft' :eek:

I kissed my 'feel good' moment good bye:wave_cry:..
I didn't even lose all the weight I want to :(

I don't have any loose skin as far as I can see, now what is this?

What should I do? Cardio? Pilates? Weight training?
AAArgh..

Wow, that was nice of her! *sarcasm*
You're not exercise shy either from what I see on here! Maybe just do some yoga or pilates to firm everything up! x And don't take it to heart, you're doing well and you're not even in the 'overweight' category anymore, you're a whole BMI point from it and you know how long it takes to lose a whole point!

Pilates or weight training to tone you up.

I also use Bio oil (it saved me getting stretch marks when I was pregnant :D ) but am thinking of trying that cocoa butter that's designed for when you lose weight - anything to save the sag ;)

I use that Bio Oil too! It's great...and I also bathe in coconut milk and Epsom salts! Don't know whether it does any good for firming but it leaves my skin looking fantastic!

A friend of mine signed up with a personal trainer and he recommended that she use Bio oil as she lost weight to help keep her skin tight as she lost weight. It's fabulous stuff :)

Time to have a bath would be fabulous... coconut milk bath would be even better! I'll ask my toddler if he wouldn't mind... ;)

Aw bless! I've none of my own and step-kids are 7 and 5 now so HEAPS of time for pampering! :)

I know this sounds silly but you're not talking about bathing with coconut milk that you get in a tin are you?? Is there a brand of cosmetic coconut milk rather than the food? I love the smell of coconut.

There are heaps of brands of coconut bath treatments but they have all sorts added in to them and I'm a natural girl all the way...
You can absolutely use the one from the tin but I get mine from my health food store, probably exactly the same, 100% coconut milk and I use it as a hair soak occasionally too! It's the business!

CaledoniaDreaming said:
I know this sounds silly but you're not talking about bathing with coconut milk that you get in a tin are you?? Is there a brand of cosmetic coconut milk rather than the food? I love the smell of coconut.

Coconut oil - you get it in tubs from health food shops. It's hard but, like chocolate, it melts at body temperature. It's great stuff, I used to use it for cooking, rub it on my skin and put it in the bath.

Coconut oil is great, I used to eat it and use it on my skin as a moisturiser but it's quite oily *obviously* and I prefer the milk for a bath!

wkdstepmum said:
Coconut oil is great, I used to eat it and use it on my skin as a moisturiser but it's quite oily *obviously* and I prefer the milk for a bath!

Yah it does take a wee bit of bath scribbling for sure. I've never tried the milk in the bath; always used the oil as I used it for other things anyway. Will have to try milk now !

Thanks guys, have a health food shop just round the corner so will go in tomorrow.

Oh they're both great aren't they Pudding, I have used the oil in my hair too but it does leave your hair greasy for a few days and you have to clarify your hair again *I use baking soda and cider vinegar* which kind of defeats the purpose...the milk does have a little of the oil in it but nowhere near as much as the solid stuff, give it a go!
Your house sounds much like mine Pudding, I'm not a veal eater either and anything I can make/bake takes preference over shop-bought stuff....especially skin/hair care!

I'm with m-j on this... soft IS good :)

Ok I might be a bit too late responding to this but here is how my friend who is a cosmetic dermatolgist has explained this to me.

When you have fat stored in your body for long is a bit hard. Once you start losing weight one of the first signs they/you will see is the fat starts getting softer... so you see? your massage therapist was not being rude;) she was just stating the fact. That is how they notice it.

The best thing my friend said for the skin to tighten while you are loosing weight is cold! She uses this mentholate cream ( something similar to vick's vapour rub ) in your body and wrapping it in. She uses special wet bandages but she said you could use cling film... for about 30 mins. You will be very cold but she says nothing beats this.

whichever way you want to go...dont worry about your fat being soft..this is indeed very good news as it means the diet is working!!:p

Xehorus, that is very interesting. Do you know if anything can be done about skin that has become loose on the face after weight loss?:(

Thanks MJ and Jo, :)
Maybe it is not that bad after all.. But I don't think she meant it in a good way, she looked worried about me.. sigh.. I got worried because I still have weight to lose..

Xehorus, that is really interesting.. I will try that for sure..
I wish I was one of those who can take cold showers:(

Xehorus, that is very interesting. Do you know if anything can be done about skin that has become loose on the face after weight loss?:(
I don't but I'll ask her :eek:

Back