Need advice....

SueJulyBride

Ok guys I've ALOOOOT on this month (8 parties that I will be attending and I WILL NOT be eating or drinking) I am determined that these wouldn't stop me doing this diet BUT my fiances 30th bday is next tues and we've been invited out for dinner I had said no Im not eating Im not going now I feel terrible for my Fiance so I've reschedualled and said Ill eat this ONE meal....

What is the worst that can happen if I have a shake for breaky and lunch this day and then the dinner then go back to 3 shakes the next day?

My problem is Im thinking of going onto refeed next week and have the meal instead of the recommended food. Which would be the better option if I HAVE to have this meal?

Can u go straight from TFR to maintanence or do u have to do refeed?

My main plan is to Do TFR until the end of March, then do refeed for 2 weeks then maintanence for 2 weeks the join SW or WW. What do you think. Will I (If Im strict AND I WILL be strict) continue to lose weight?

Please please can I have ur opinions and advice and if you can answer any of my questions that would be great.

Sorry there are so many questions....

Hiya, with regards to the birthday meal you can do two shakes and a meal - as long as the meal is mainly protein ie lean chicken or fish and vegetables and not too large a portion too of course.

Refeeding is part of the process and will help introduce foods so that you dont put on weight. Going straight to maintenance means you might put on more weight than you would expect.

Your plan of TFR til end of March, then refeed then maintenance before WW or SW sounds like a good idea :)

i wouldnt risk it if i was you. I was on LT last year and i went to turkey for 2 weeks with all my girlie mates and i never ate a scrap - i took my shakes with me. Prior to that i had a huge 18th birthday party for my daughter - we had a family meal invited all and sundry to it and i paid for everything - i sat drinking a shake while sniffing everyone elses plates. Nobody passed judgement on me except to say how my determination was admirable.

i think if you eat ANYTHING you will be back to square one before tfr - even if you stuck to salad and grilled chicken - i still think u would wake the next morning want more 'food' and the fight to get back on tfr will be hard. Its up to you though - is it worth the risk?

L x

Sorry about another RANT.... But my heads been melted all day as I really do wana get the best out of this diet and 11lbs down half way through my 2nd wk is brill...
BUT

My big prob is my hens was meant to be in June and I want to be able to have a few drinks on my hens so need to come off this diet and refeed properly before going but now due to work (yaaaaay, been outa work for awhile!!) I cant go in June!! I checked and where I wana go is booked out for the last wkend in may and I have my cousins 21st the 2nd week!! So im restricted to when I can go and it seems like its gona be sooner rather then later. I cant have this diet and trying to refeed properly determining when I can go on my hens.....

Grrrrrrrrrr soooooo annoyed that things arent working out the way I had planned.... So it looks like after two weeks Im going onto refeed for 2 weeks then maintenence.... Is 2 weeks TFR then refeed for 2 weeks then maintanence for 2 weeks (or as long as I can up until my hens) a good start with restricted time?? As in will I (if I follow the programme properly and I will) still lose weight and be able to keep it off once I start eating again??? This is stressing me out Im freking about gaining all I lost and more :(:(:(

Hi Sue, I'm on CD but cameoff for val day which was also hubbys bday and thought it would do me no harm, boy was I wrong. I am only on day3 of restart now and it has taken 3 weeks (and lots of failed attempts!!) to get back on track with this, once I came out of ketosis I didnt want to give up food and it was VERY hard to go back to TFR xx

Guys THANK YOU soooooo much for ur advice....

I was soooo worried about my fiances bday meal and my hens I was just panicing. I had a long chat with my fiance last night and told him about ur comments adn what the advice sheet reccommends and he's cancelling the meal as he wants me to be happy and I have been miserable at the thought of undoing all Ive done so far. He's 100% behind me and said he'll stand by what ever I decide... (I've decided I need I new car mmmm will I get one lol....)

I swore Id do this for at least 1 month in an attempt to lose at least 1st (not far off that already :D:D:D) I am now going to do TFR for the rest of the month the refeed for 2 weeks and then hopefully maintain my loss and possibly more through healthy eating and exercise....

Again thank you so much for ur advice and support you are really great xx

Back